Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"New and Powerful Enchants"

Comments

• FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited June 2, 2018
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Finity this is not going anywhere we have different point of views that can't compermise, so let's argee to disagree.

I disagree to disagree because I agree to disagree on your opinion which I disagree but agree on disagreeing
    seems like people who have no interest in those weapons are ok with this because they won't be using it anyways
    Because new contents are pointless just like 99% of game content are and there's nothing to expect more
    That's why people quit after reaching certain point, because they know it leads nothing but something to brag at the end while bleeding from your wallet
    Trythis
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Efficiency brings up a good argument. Don't we need people to operate on a loss?

1992-07-24.gif

Essentially, if the profits are green, then repair fees and other such inherent gameplay mechanics do nothing but slow it down. Since I doubt anyone would operate on a loss in this manner, I wonder how exactly do you handle inflation with a player driven market to acknowledge? We need some ingame services to dump gold into.

For example, Baltane Crystals are quite costly, and certainly dig into my pockets without such a great return in gold. (Depends on how much gold my Squirrel bags pick up) Yet, I am paying for a ludicrous amount of exp when I do Gatekeeper Elite or Nowhere to Run Elite.

Which leads me to the conclusion that it is best if we also give luxuries that don't offer much gold in return, but in return for other common rewards. To note, it has to be NPCs, for the reason that merely buying enchant scrolls and materials off another player just puts the money somewhere else, and does not destroy it.
    BronzebreakSherriTwelieChaosShadow
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I guess what I don't get is...what are we expecting these 10x repair weapons to be used for? Daily shadow missions? I use my lulz weapons for that sort of thing, and even so, it's not like a quick shadow mission run uses more than a point or two anyway.

I see fancier gear as being used to go after stuff you can't easily buy off other players. Such as AAHM, Rundal, or Phantasm drops.The durability used in these cases is more like an investment.

Gold sinks aren't just ways for you to lose money, they are ways to destroy it.

NPC services are one method. However, instead of efficiency, we should be more inclined to spend golds towards those without a direct return; rather, things like experience, AP, or stat improving gold sinks should be the way. Combined with the need to compete at one's best, these scrolls may have a place.

However, what can we give to veterans that they don't already have at this point?

This, in contest to hunting Radiant String to be sold.
    Twelie
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    TBH I have step 6 endgame enchanted wep for every battlenogi class and I don't even use em to clear lords/AAHM/AlbanHeroics runs.

So I'd see no need to complain about some obscure 10x exclusive enchants I'd shelve anyways once I've obtain it.

A 5k Clean Cardinal sold by Ferghy can hit almost 30k+

Policroma
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited June 4, 2018
    Gold sinks aren't just ways for you to lose money, they are ways to destroy it.

NPC services are one method. However, instead of efficiency, we should be more inclined to spend golds towards those without a direct return; rather, things like experience, AP, or stat improving gold sinks should be the way. Combined with the need to compete at one's best, these scrolls may have a place.

However, what can we give to veterans that they don't already have at this point?

This, in contest to hunting Radiant String to be sold.

make a stupid raid or whatever that literally requires you to go above some stupid damage threshold like enemies that need to be oneshot, then add some stupid reward

there, you got a gold sink

it's bad game design though, switching over to different currencies every few months would actually work honestly but that implies devcat would release actual content for mabinogi, yes that's not happening lul
    THICCthighssavelives
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Santari wrote: »
    I think you might have to rethink your thoughts on the 100% repair for internet cafes. Because they're paying real money to access those cafes, and while I don't know their prices I doubt they just decide "Time to go repair at an internet cafe" on a whim.
    Well, it depends. If one has access to both internet cafee and internet at home, you're at a real advantage. Internet cafee is more social, and the service offered in these cafees are amazing.

So you can play at home, and when you need some repairs, you can plan ahead for the time you hang out at the cafee with the pals.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Playing the game is way too inefficient. Just get a job and you can pretty much get 7m to 20m gold per hour.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited June 7, 2018
    Playing the game is way too inefficient. Just get a job and you can pretty much get 7m to 20m gold per hour.

Assuming you make min wage you make more gp/hr working than anything in game
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    These enchants seems to be designed for the players to operate at a loss.

You don't use these in an everyday content. you use these inside a end-game content to farm materials.

Then it's up to said player to decide how much they want to sell said material for, taking EVERYTHING into account.

Then it comes down to, is the materials farmed for reselling, or to craft the end game weapon?

I believe our current end game weapon is some sort of solar weapon. I haven't seen anyone using it yet.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    ok i'll bite:

so the enchants' entire purpose is to powertrip into watching large numbers since they cost more than anything you can use them for, so in the end you don't ever use them other than to brag about them?

is that it, is that okay to you?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    TNinja wrote: »

You don't use these in an everyday content. you use these inside a end-game content to farm materials.

Then it's up to said player to decide how much they want to sell said material for, taking EVERYTHING into account.

Then it comes down to, is the materials farmed for reselling, or to craft the end game weapon?

I believe our current end game weapon is some sort of solar weapon. I haven't seen anyone using it yet.

Soluna blade, I doubt we'll ever see one in NA. With the chart Toon had for his phantasm runs IIRC the droprate for the materials is like... .5% and it needs 100 of each, plus a manual, dawn and dusk blades (never even heard of those dropping tbh) 5 of each step 7 stone and 50 fate fragments which are just as rare, or even rarer than the solite and lunite.

I wouldn't even count soluna blade as end game because it's that impossible to acquire.
    Blissfulkill
    edited June 8, 2018

The drop rates are poor enough in relation to the number of overall runs and materials needed, that one cannot even muster the gold to buy enough materials. Korea has a population several times our size, and there is hardly any users there. Some estimates puts the sword at over 5k USD.

The great irony is that even if the rarer materials drop, there are no buyers, because almost no one is trying to create the sword.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited June 8, 2018

I don't know about the solar weapon, but people do farm dungeons for celtic mats the control bars and tetra cylinder come to mind, the control bars aren't that much better than demonics in terms of the damage but they have a better repair rate being at 4k a point vs 17k ( going off on 98% values) a point, will make great use of challenger (rank 4/ the puppeteers challenger x5 repair rate) that I recently got from running belvast hostage in some guild runs. The tetra is also a very good cylinder and with the erg revamp happening its going to be very good to use because like the control bars the power is very similar to demonics but its at 4k a point rather than 13k (97% since no 98% exists for alchemy).

Others are like this too the knuckles (7.9k repair but still better than 17k) are like that and with the coming erg updates anyone whos been longing to use fighter or alchemy for damage in end-game would probably erg a tetra or celtic edged knuckle if they have one.
  • RheyRhey

The drop rates are poor enough in relation to the number of overall runs and materials needed, that one cannot even muster the gold to buy enough materials. Korea has a population several times our size, and there is hardly any users there. Some estimates puts the sword at over 5k USD.

The great irony is that even if the rarer materials drop, there are no buyers, because almost no one is trying to create the sword.

I'll just wait 4 it to come 2 gacha. Inevitably. *Wink*

And 5k$ for a single pixel alone that even a lucky newb can snag for $1.50 when Nexon's desperate enuf to release it via Loot_Boxes???
    tumblr_inline_mqzt64ljpi1qz4rgp.gif
    ZephyrmaruBlissfulkill
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Veylaine wrote: »

I don't know about the solar weapon, but people do farm dungeons for celtic mats the control bars and tetra cylinder come to mind, the control bars aren't that much better than demonics in terms of the damage but they have a better repair rate being at 4k a point vs 17k ( going off on 98% values) a point, will make great use of challenger (rank 4/ the puppeteers challenger x5 repair rate) that I recently got from running belvast hostage in some guild runs. The tetra is also a very good cylinder and with the erg revamp happening its going to be very good to use because like the control bars the power is very similar to demonics but its at 4k a point rather than 13k (97% since no 98% exists for alchemy).

Others are like this too the knuckles (7.9k repair but still better than 17k) are like that and with the coming erg updates anyone whos been longing to use fighter or alchemy for damage in end-game would probably erg a tetra or celtic edged knuckle if they have one.

Okay but farming for celtic mats is different, I do it with mediocre gear that is cheap to repair and the run takes 40ish mins for 8 chests. Phantasm takes a ton in repair costs, 4 chests and is very easy to fail along with the pass itself costing 750k AND the mats are much much more rare. In terms of celtic mats its uncommon to not get something good from aahm, always end up with ruptured metal, broken chain seal etc.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited June 8, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Okay but farming for celtic mats is different, I do it with mediocre gear that is cheap to repair and the run takes 40ish mins for 8 chests. Phantasm takes a ton in repair costs, 4 chests and is very easy to fail along with the pass itself costing 750k AND the mats are much much more rare. In terms of celtic mats its uncommon to not get something good from aahm, always end up with ruptured metal, broken chain seal etc.
    I meant it as more to farm for celtic weapon mats rather than soluna blade (since like I bet only 2 or 3 super rich people are actively trying to make the nearly impossible blade) mats, what you choose to farm with is your choice lol. Since a good chunk of the Celtic weapon mats imo can be worth it to make considering their repair rate.

EDIT: again my post was meant to highlight the better return rate of SOME celtic weapons rather than try to aspire for the meme blade, you can farm with your crazy enchanted weapons or just regular weapons. I just run phantasm with my engineers ( -50% repair rate) r6 tribolt and spirit cylinder mostly. When we run phants its just for fun, so whatever weapon you bring is your choice. I don't how you run phant and/or how you run it with your friends/guild.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

I meant it as more to farm for celtic weapon mats rather than soluna blade (since like I bet only 2 or 3 super rich people are actively trying to make the nearly impossible blade) mats, what you choose to farm with is your choice lol. Since a good chunk of the Celtic weapon mats imo can be worth it to make considering their repair rate.

EDIT: again my post was meant to highlight the better return rate of SOME celtic weapons rather than try to aspire for the meme blade, you can farm with your crazy enchanted weapons or just regular weapons. I just run phantasm with my engineers ( -50% repair rate) r6 tribolt and spirit cylinder mostly. When we run phants its just for fun, so whatever weapon you bring is your choice. I don't how you run phant and/or how you run it with your friends/guild.

To be fair, I think engineers on a wand is probably the best choice, MA hardly effects bolts anyway.
    Veylaine
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 8, 2018

To be fair, I think engineers on a wand is probably the best choice, MA hardly effects bolts anyway.

Engineers + OakTree is even better. 80% repair price redux.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Rhey wrote: »

Engineers + OakTree is even better. 80% repair price redux.

Do you mean Camellia Tree?
    That one's -22% repair cost suffix for all.

Wiki says Oak Tree is Heavy Armor only.
    And that's it's +12% repair cost.