Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New KR update to help newbies

SoraiteSoraite
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
edited June 11, 2018 in General Chat
I don't know if link will work: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2018/0607_memory/memory.asp

But basically it helps new characters level up fast (Gets them past 5k (?) cumulative levels through this event)

You can get a new pet and multiple rewards through it. I'm not sure if it's a limited time event because the page says *Memory Update* so it might actually be permanent content..

Here's some gameplay, look at how much this dude levels lol..

Hope someone will translate the page :D

EDIT:

So after a few days of reading and translating, this event/update is open to all players, but it benefits newbies the most.
@disclaimer: i translated the best i could >.<

There are 3 parts of the event. The first two parts have to do with doing favors for the new npc and finishing her books.
It gives 6million exp everytime you accomplish a portion of the event (a tab in the 'book'?, but there seems to also be multiple books).
cOhljwr.png

Then there is a sticker board, the 3rd part of the event, where if you collect all the stickers, you gain 100k exp, 20k gold, and burony's (name of the new npc) flower box. You get a sticker after completing each quest.
aQcFNuT.png
The rewards you can get from the box:
3dTn7VP.png

Here is some gifs of the new pet, thanks to @log_ring (Rian) on twitter :)

The last portion of the update is titled 'for the newbies'
Basically, if you're a new character (which is under 5k cumulative), and you finish this burony quest line, you gain 5x exp as your new rate (i'm guessing until you reach 5k?)

Another benefit they get is how often they can rebirth.
i3prTxq.png

if your cumulative is 1-999, you can rebirth every 1 day (Real time)
1000~2999 cumulative level can rebirth every 2 days (Real time)
And so on accordingly. So if you're already above 5k cumulative, you have the same 6 day rebirth.

Also, if you're a newbie, you'll have a new chickie egg pixel above your head according to your cumulative too.
Like so:
xRtdBHQ.png

I'm not really sure what this rebirth potion really is, but you can't use it if you're over 5k cumulative.
lpyI7Ms.png

Lastly, they have a free nexon cash give away for players who finish each section of the update
paPrHRa.png
5,000 players who finished the first portion of the update can receive 5k nx cash.
500 players who finish the second portion can receive 50k nx cash.
50 players who finish the third portion (the sticker board) can receive 500k nx cash.
IyasenuMizukiHayamaImaizumiRadiant DawnTwelieZarozianDavinator61

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 8, 2018
    Oh boy the prize is a broken af rebirth potion. O_o;;;;;;;;;;

So this is kind of like the potential system it looks like, except it's for newbs? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Wow, a new NPC that actually comes with NPC Art.

And she's got a cute design, too!
    Radiant DawnSphyra21SylviaWolfeVimiSherri
  • SoraiteSoraite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Wow, a new NPC that actually comes with NPC Art.

And she's got a cute design, too!

her design reminds me of link in the latest Legend of Zelda game lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Cute new pet.

wwfrLEA.png
    TwelieRadiant DawnIyasenuSphyra21SylviaWolfeVimiSherriBravelatiosjovazero
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Just going by her appearance, she's a 7.9/10. Cute, but forgettable.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Do we really need a way to speed through 5k cumulative...? Maybe 2k or 3k to help newbies catch up to vets a bit, but this just continues to trivialize vet efforts and reduce the effective amount of content in the game.

Base power creep only means we have to "update" the old content even more. And although that isn't strictly a bad thing, I don't recall our dungeon "revamp" being that good other than number creep which essentially lengthened how long it takes for people to clear dungeons rather than really becoming real challenges.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 9, 2018
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    Do we really need a way to speed through 5k cumulative...? Maybe 2k or 3k to help newbies catch up to vets a bit, but this just continues to trivialize vet efforts and reduce the effective amount of content in the game.

Base power creep only means we have to "update" the old content even more. And although that isn't strictly a bad thing, I don't recall our dungeon "revamp" being that good other than number creep which essentially lengthened how long it takes for people to clear dungeons rather than really becoming real challenges.

Um YES we do. Or else they will never be able to catch up with us vets and will lose interest. That's always been our bane. We get a few new players here and there and then those new players find out our massive level numbers and capped skills. It overwhelms them.

Can you imagine how much this would help them? 5000 levels and using one those double ap pyramids would get them A LOT of catch up and would encourage them to keep playing with us.

I hope when we get this update NA sends out emails re-inviting people to return.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Gaea wrote: »
    Cute new pet.

wwfrLEA.png

I NEED HER!!!!! she's so KAWAII!!!!!!
    CrimsọnVimi
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You can get enough help nowadays when making a new character in my opinion
    Tairiku
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Cute new pet.

wwfrLEA.png

I NEED HER!!!!! she's so KAWAII!!!!!!

I love her eyes. So clear and glossy. I wonder if they might make those eyes available for our characters.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Inb4 everyone gets her and names her after Flonne from Disgaea

latest?cb=20131029235050&path-prefix=en
    CrimsọnIyasenuBlissfulkillTwelieDavinator61
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Eh. Let newbies get dem 5k lvls or w/e. The real grind are the skills nywayz.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    If you had a friend over at your place and the house is both crumbling and on fire, would you expect them to stay over if you handed them a luxurious pillow to sleep on?
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Siodhan wrote: »
    If you had a friend over at your place and the house is both crumbling and on fire, would you expect them to stay over if you handed them a luxurious pillow to sleep on?

There's a reason nobody recommends this game to their friends... trollface.png
    SylviaWolfe
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Imaizumi wrote: »

There's a reason nobody recommends this game to their friends... trollface.png

You mean this :trollface:?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    The new NPC is qt. Looks innocent.

I will make her not innocent.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    TNinja wrote: »

Ugh... I need to unsee this comment now.
    ImaizumiTeasesTwelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Clap your hands everyone! It's Siodhan!
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Greta wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »

Ugh... I need to unsee this comment now.

ccf5827ef3.jpg
    IyasenuImaizumiMizukiHayama
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited June 10, 2018
    So basically newbies get even more buttered up than they are now.. I mean they already get like a free ride all the way to lv 10k anyways with AP rewards, nerfed generations, free pets, etc etc.

We really don't need this update in N.A, people already abuse armies of alts enough already for botting/goldfarming. The worst thing is is that they never get punished for it.
    SherriImaizumi