Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

c7 and g22 SPOILERS**********************

Comments

• MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    @Teases
    thank you for bringing this back into my life.

anyway, is there any new information? I'm seeing some new g22 videos on youtube but I don't understand anything being said. Looks like they're playing through the generation though...I think...if so there's a lot of dialogue...again...
  • TheOneHawkTheOneHawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    edited July 22, 2018
    Don't expect me to say anything specific about G22's storyline, but if you are after information I got some. G22 Part 1 adds 5 of the 10 traits, with part 2 adding the other 5 later. During G22 you gain access to the Tech Duinn lobby, and while the Tech Duinn missions aren't in the game yet(those are coming with Part 2 as well), players get an early taste of the content inside the area.

The KR test video earlier in the thread is still pretty much all correct, but Impact Cancellation and Shock Absorption have been nerfed. They were too powerful, especially with the more major change from G22 which is protection is calculated first, then defense.

I will specify more on how brigh and traits work, since I don't actually see the specific information in this thread. There's 3 kinds of brigh, Execution Brigh(red), gained through leveling up, Challenge Brigh(Green), gained through doing dungeons/missions, and Sympathy Brigh(Blue), gained from daily quests. You use these brigh to grant the trait of that color experience points. So if you want to level up Rapid, which is a red trait, you need Execution Brigh. Once the trait is ready to level up, you must use AP and a special item called a Decision Brigh(I think). You only need Decision Brigh starting at level 4, and you get those from doing Tech Duinn. The reason why that video had them at level 10 is because KR test gave out Decision Brigh for testing purposes, and high level traits. You can also get the normal Brigh using AP once a day.

Other tidbits of information, G23 is coming out in the Winter, development is picking up pace, they did listen to the community concerns about G21 being too hard, and the long(sometimes obnoxious) wait times during and inbetween quests. From what I have seen of G22 both of those criticisms have been tackled, that 5k requirement isn't actually a sign of the difficulty of G22, but kind of a way for the developers to wall off things like the trait system, to make sure players are familiar with the game first, something along those lines. Since from what I saw, yeah, G22 is easier mechanically but enemies are definitely designed with level 5k in mind HP and damage wise. The wait times between quests are also gone, or when they aren't gone are very short. Also combat quests themselves are straight, to the point, 80% of the time. There's definitely exceptions in G22, but it's not like every other quest has you doing 1 damage for 2 minutes.

Edit: Amount of Brigh obtained per task removed because the amount may have been for KR test only.

Edit 2: It's not bree, it's Brigh. As in the Old Irish word for force or power.
    VeylaineIyasenuImaizumiMhaolMeridisHellkaizerLialin
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited July 22, 2018
    TheOneHawk wrote: »
    Don't expect me to say anything specific about G22's storyline, but if you are after information I got some. G22 Part 1 adds 5 of the 10 traits, with part 2 adding the other 5 later. During G22 you gain access to the Tech Duinn lobby, and while the Tech Duinn missions aren't in the game yet(those are coming with Part 2 as well), players get an early taste of the content inside the area.

The KR test video earlier in the thread is still pretty much all correct, but Impact Cancellation and Shock Absorption have been nerfed. They were too powerful, especially with the more major change from G22 which is protection is calculated first, then defense.

I will specify more on how bree and traits work, since I don't actually see the specific information in this thread. There's 3 kinds of bree, Execution Bree(red), gained through leveling up, Challenge Bree(Green), gained through doing dungeons/missions, and Sympathy Bree(Blue), gained from daily quests. You use these bree to grant the trait of that color experience points. So if you want to level up Rapid, which is a red trait, you need Execution Bree. Once the trait is ready to level up, you must use AP and a special item called a Decision Bree(I think). You only need Decision Bree starting at level 4, and you get those from doing Tech Duinn. The reason why that video had them at level 10 is because KR test gave out Decision Brees for testing purposes, and high level traits. You can also get the normal Bree using AP once a day.

Other tidbits of information, G23 is coming out in the Winter, development is picking up pace, they did listen to the community concerns about G21 being too hard, and the long(sometimes obnoxious) wait times during and inbetween quests. From what I have seen of G22 both of those criticisms have been tackled, that 5k requirement isn't actually a sign of the difficulty of G22, but kind of a way for the developers to wall off things like the trait system, to make sure players are familiar with the game first, something along those lines. Since from what I saw, yeah, G22 is easier mechanically but enemies are definitely designed with level 5k in mind HP and damage wise. The wait times between quests are also gone, or when they aren't gone are very short. Also combat quests themselves are straight, to the point, 80% of the time. There's definitely exceptions in G22, but it's not like every other quest has you doing 1 damage for 2 minutes.

Edit: Amount of Bree obtained per task removed because the amount may have been for KR test only.

One extra question, if you need these "Decision Bree" items starting at level 4, and they're obtained from doing the Tech Duinn things, but those aren't implemented in Part 1.
    Does that mean all the first 5 traits are effectively capped at level 4 until part 2 adds in the Tech Duinn Missions?
  • TheOneHawkTheOneHawk
    edited July 22, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    One extra question, if you need these "Decision Bree" items starting at level 4, and they're obtained from doing the Tech Duinn things, but those aren't implemented in Part 1.
    Does that mean all the first 5 traits are effectively capped at level 4 until part 2 adds in the Tech Duinn Missions?

Yes. However, it's not that big of a deal. There's 2 things I left out in that original post. The first thing is that you can save brigh so even if your traits are capped, or you are finished with traits and just are waiting for the next update you can keep gaining brigh from normal gameplay, up to a certain point since brigh is capped(don't know how much you can store). Also, the 5 traits in part 1 are the defensive traits, and part 2 will have offensive traits.

The second thing is that you might not even have all the traits. You got to do G22 to simply gain the knowledge of the traits, like rank novice in a skill, you don't just get given traits. You got to activate them by meeting certain conditions. These conditions are diverse and sometimes a bit steep. I will go over a few. For example, to unlock Time Distortion(The trait that allows you to reset cooldowns) you will need r1 Meteor Strike, r1 Dorcha Mastery and The Busy title. As a heads up, each Crusader skill(except for spike) has a respective trait where you need r1 to activate it. Like Transcendence Life requires r1 Divine Link, along with other requirements like the Strong title and Edern(?) Renown level 50. For Vital Penetration you need level 25 Yvona renown, r1 Battlefield Overture, and a Alban Knights Emblem that has reached specific requirements(Not too sure) Sometimes it's a simple stat requirement like for Impact Cancellation where you need r1 Shield of Trust, 150 base defense, and 90 base magic defense(numbers may have been lowered.)

So there's definitely stuff to do during the lull period between the 2 update parts, especially if you don't have all the requirements for the future traits, or defensive traits that are still locked. Tech Duinn missions are also going to be 4 player content, and they will reward more than just Decision Brigh, but the Trait Armor and Enchants. Those items will enhance a trait, like giving a greater HP shield to Transcendence: Life. You can't even enter Tech Duinn(or even see it) without doing G22, so level 5k requirement.

Disclaimer: All requirements listed are subject to change(and could be wrong anyway, since I may have botched the translation on some of them) since they were on the test server, several have been lowered or just changed a bit already. I just wanted to point out that you don't just get given traits, and the kind of requirements you might see.

Edit it's Brigh.
    ImaizumiMhaolMeridis
  • TheOneHawkTheOneHawk
    edited July 22, 2018
    Ignore
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Here's a run of the Balor fight and a fight against... the Tech Duinn Gate?
    I dunno.

Lots of hurt to go around, especially with Balor "smash, smash, throw" attack.
    But I think it's funny how Balor got stuck due to teleporting inside an object, and they had to finish him off with pet AoE spam, lmao.
    And did Balor's death animation looks really similar to Girgashiy's?

And, wow the Gate pre-boss fights were kind of interesting.
    What were they about, having to knock a zombie from one end of an area to the other, like some sort of pseudo-soccer game?
    Then the ones where you had to stop those orbs from rolling to the other end.
    Those weird lizards that dropped down circles when they died.

And then of course the boss, with all its laser-spamming teleporty goodness.

I'm actually kinda surprised they allow the use of Nao stones, so at least it's not copying Phantasm in that regard, unless these were, like, easy modes of the missions.
    Veylaine
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Here's a run of the Balor fight and a fight against... the Tech Duinn Gate?
    I dunno.

Lots of hurt to go around, especially with Balor "smash, smash, throw" attack.
    But I think it's funny how Balor got stuck due to teleporting inside an object, and they had to finish him off with pet AoE spam, lmao.
    And did Balor's death animation looks really similar to Girgashiy's?

And, wow the Gate pre-boss fights were kind of interesting.
    What were they about, having to knock a zombie from one end of an area to the other, like some sort of pseudo-soccer game?
    Then the ones where you had to stop those orbs from rolling to the other end.
    Those weird lizards that dropped down circles when they died.

And then of course the boss, with all its laser-spamming teleporty goodness.

I'm actually kinda surprised they allow the use of Nao stones, so at least it's not copying Phantasm in that regard, unless these were, like, easy modes of the missions.

As I understood it there's 4 difficulties

Easy
    Medium
    Hard
    Death (or boss)
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050

I think in this video they were trying to pick a difficulty, though I can't read korean so I'm not sure.

@Soraite at 2:40 if you don't mind translating.
  • TheOneHawkTheOneHawk
    edited August 5, 2018
    There's 2 missions, and as far as I know only 2 difficulties(Normal and Difficult(I think that's localized as intermediate) right now, it seems that there are more on the way though, since journal achievements don't reset after completing the 2 current difficulties.. A third mission will come out later.

The missions are Revived Illusion, the one that takes place inside a dungeon, and Feth Fiada. That mission takes place in an elseworld version of Sen Mag from my understanding. The rewards are enchants, and Brigh Crystals used to upgrade your traits past a certain point. You seem to be guaranteed at least 3 Brigh Crystals, and can get a couple per mission. Not a completely terrible rate, from what I have seen and the little I know on the costs of the traits.

Two new enchants

Hourglass R9 Suffix
    Gloves Enabled
    Time Warp CD Ignore Count +1
    Maximum Damage 4-8 Increase
    Enchant Enabled Regardless of Rank

Iron Castle?(철옹성(I need somebody fluent to help)) R9 Suffix
    Clothes and Armor Enabled
    When Shock Absorption is activated Defense +70
    When Shock Absorption is activated Magic Defense +30
    Maximum Damage 5 Increase

So, Revived Illusion is comprised of 2 parts, with several room types. Part 1 has cultists and orb rooms and survival rooms, not sacrifice rooms. Survival rooms mean you must stand inside a circle to protect an imprisoned villager, and if there's nobody in the circle the circle will expand. if you take too long(spend too much time outside) the circle resets and the enemies will despawn and you must try again. After completing all the rooms in the first part of the dungeon you must protect the villagers on a bridge from a horde of cultists, and to clear that portion of the mission you must destroy the gate before too many cultists get through. Part 2 has a weird assortment of dungeon mobs, including Lizard Witches, Salamanders, a blue bat, and chon chons. Salamanders and Lizard Witches have been souped up for this dungeon, with Salamanders leaving pools of fire on death, and Lizard Witches summoning hordes of Salamanders on spawn, and have thunder, lightning rod, fireball, snapcast, chain cast, you know, the works. There's a second room type which has a monolith like stone in it which can use shock, life drain, and fireball I think, it can use a few skills. You have to clear out the mobs, and can't destroy the monolith. Think Cerberus statues from Tara Rath Castle missions.

The boss battle is Illusion of Balor. I did see some statements a few days ago that all player deaths throughout the mission power up Balor, and that seems likely. Every death during the mission comes packaged with a demonic howl and spirits leaving the player's body. So depending on performance, Balor's strength will change. Balor comes with Salamander adds. He loves blinking a lot, he uses a charge attack, he can punch the ground to cause an eruption of several fire puddles in a circle, or one directly underneath his fist, he can grab players and thrash them around with a similar green break bar to Girgashiy. In difficult he may have a move where he does soul absorption and depending on how many of his souls he gets he does a huge explosion, but I haven't seen it in any videos, I just know it exists.

Revived Illusion is a little under the difficulty of Rabbie Phantasm Mirror World on Normal, and is a bit harder on difficult, from only my impressions of watching videos and doing napkin math on monster health and damage. There's no Succubus Fiends, or Wraiths, so on a practical level it's a lot easier.

Feth Fiada is mission 2. It's...easier. But there's more failure states, and these failure states will kick you back into the lobby instantly. Feth Fiada consists of more puzzles, like playing soccer with snow zombies, protecting a point from rolling balls, and fighting the gates. There's a new monster type, a Lightning Salamander. They can spam shockwave, use thunder, and seem to be annoying. There's also new types of slime, and orbs that can do a lot of knockback with their rolls. I don't completely understand the mission, but it's easy to fail, but it's considerably shorter and the mobs are easier than Revived Illusion.

HellkaizerSoraite