Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sturdy Grip (New Skill)

Animelove89Animelove89
Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
edited July 13, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Ability

Allow one to hold a two handed weapon in one arm. Damage is reduced based on rank.
Rank F=10% original Damage
Rank 1 = 125% original Damage.

Cons:
Hunger is depleted at a rapid rate. Each hit depletes your hunger by a certain amount.
NPC food/food with low ranking starts does not fill your hunger as much. 5 Star food will fill your hunger at a normal rate.
(meaning you want to carry high quality food with you to fill your hunger)
Transformation no longer refill your hunger bar but instead restore it by 5-10% (If you have the skill active or it is on cooldown you get this effect. If the skill is not on cooldown then transformation will restore hunger like it normally does)

This allows you to dual wield "2 handed weapons" or hold a shield with a 2 handed weapon.

Elves able to use 2 handed weapon
Giants able to use 2 Lances at once
Humans able to use Lance + a shield.

I am thinking along the line of an all out kind of situation where you can use this skill to do massive amount of damage but you lose all of your hunger meaning you become quite vulnerable if you don't have any stamina.

Comments

• nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    How about Elves dual-wielding, or Humans 2-hand wielding Greatswords?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Here comes the giant dual wielding soluna meta builds.
    GretaBlissfulkillFaybalShauniDomz
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 14, 2018
    Pretty much this would kill the whole purpose of being Giant then. If this happens, might as well remove Giant race completely. I would also definitely see Giant/Elf playerbase outrage if such ability gets added.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    How about an Ability that makes a 1 handed weapon be carried as a 2handed weapon? DOUBLE THE POWER! Giants will get to use lances using both hands with double the power, same goes for humans with 1h weapons and elves alike. Although Elves don't wield melee all that much so i guess my idea is foiled.
    RudeCrow
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    im more interested in having a giant dual wielding lance :D and smashing with them. Or lance charging with two lances. The Damage would be amazing
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Shouldn't giants have an easier time drawing big bows and crossbows? We giants should also run far faster than both elves and humans.
  • GretaGreta
    Sounds extremely game-breaking.
    ShauniDomz
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited July 15, 2018
    How is any of this game-breaking or removing the need for giants at all? Giant's, as of what I can remember, only dual wield blunt weapons... so this would help giants just as much as it would help elves and humans... Plus, the extreme drop in hunger would limit how often you're able to use this skill... stamina is important when it comes to combat....
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 15, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    How is any of this game-breaking or removing the need for giants at all? Giant's, as of what I can remember, only dual wield blunt weapons... so this would help giants just as much as it would help elves and humans... Plus, the extreme drop in hunger would limit how often you're able to use this skill... stamina is important when it comes to combat....

Giants dual-wielding lances is game-breaking. I'm pretty sure a lot of giants could solo Phantasm by simply spamming Lance Charge with two lances on mount because the damage would be doubled if not even more. Also just imagining i can imagine how ridiculous it will look, never saw such thing anywhere in any MMO. I think...
    Also making other races able to hold 2-handed weapons with one hand just kills the purpose for having Giants in this game. It makes them special. Just imagine if Giants could use bows... Elves wouldn't be special anymore as well in that case.
    Making Humans/Elves turn extremely hungry every time when using 2-handed weapon in one hand will be really annoying, we would see crap ton of fat players around and everyone knows that being overweight in Mabinogi is ugly as heck. It would be really inconvenient eating food every 5 minutes, you will need to hold ton of food around your inventories.
    That's just my opinion, no need arguing. :)
    JazmynFaybalShauniDomz
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Yeah, no.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Greta wrote: »

Giants dual-wielding lances is game-breaking. I'm pretty sure a lot of giants could solo Phantasm by simply spamming Lance Charge with two lances on mount because the damage would be doubled if not even more. Also just imagining i can imagine how ridiculous it will look, never saw such thing anywhere in any MMO. I think...
    Also making other races able to hold 2-handed weapons with one hand just kills the purpose for having Giants in this game. It makes them special. Just imagine if Giants could use bows... Elves wouldn't be special anymore as well in that case.
    Making Humans/Elves turn extremely hungry every time when using 2-handed weapon in one hand will be really annoying, we would see crap ton of fat players around and everyone knows that being overweight in Mabinogi is ugly as heck. It would be really inconvenient eating food every 5 minutes, you will need to hold ton of food around your inventories.
    That's just my opinion, no need arguing. :)
    Not arguing, discussing. I can ask questions and have points against your dislikes against OP's idea just the same as you have against OP's idea.

Giants would still also become hungry, so I'm not sure why you said "Humans/Elves"; which also means giants wouldn't be able to constantly dual wield lances and solo an extremely long dungeon such as Phantasm by spamming "Sturdy Grip" and lance charge especially with them apparently not wanting to become "ugly as heck" and the inconvenience of carrying around a ton of food would make it so it's not game-breaking and not everyone is going to use it. And who cares if it "looks ridiculous"? You don't think people running around with cat ears and bunny tail, or fox tail and bunny ears and demon wings isn't ridiculous? Or a 10 year old character running around in lingerie? People still do it. The game isn't supposed to "look cool". Part of the like for it is how it's ridiculous but fun at the same time.

Besides all of that, KR doesn't seem to actually listen to our ideas unless it involves cash or returning events, so this skill wont happen, there's not point in anyone getting offended over creative thinking. I just can't figure out why everyone has to just spread negativity and give only short responses without a logical explanation as to why they're against something. Give the OP something to work with to maybe better their idea instead of just shooting them down and possibly making them feel like crap. We're supposed to be working with each other here, not against each other.
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 15, 2018
    Giants would still also become hungry, so I'm not sure why you said "Humans/Elves"

Well yes, but since they can already dual wield most melee weapons anyway, i'm pretty sure they would get less hungry because of that, unless that would be changed too.

Besides all of that, KR doesn't seem to actually listen to our ideas unless it involves cash or returning events, so this skill wont happen, there's not point in anyone getting offended over creative thinking. I just can't figure out why everyone has to just spread negativity and give only short responses without a logical explanation as to why they're against something. Give the OP something to work with to maybe better their idea instead of just shooting them down and possibly making them feel like crap. We're supposed to be working with each other here, not against each other.

Definitely agree. Finally someone else realizes that here lol. There's no point making so much suggestions because they will get ignored 99%.
    Even such popular suggestions like Server Merge and dark skin for Elves is being ignored for years.
    Also don't worry, i gave my explanation why i would not prefer such change.

Jazmyn
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    some times creative thinking needs to be worked on. But anyways Have you never seen a 3 swords swordsmen? two lance can work similar to that in my opinion
  • GretaGreta
    some times creative thinking needs to be worked on. But anyways Have you never seen a 3 swords swordsmen? two lance can work similar to that in my opinion

Where the 3rd sword goes? In your teeth? Someone saw too much One Piece :D
    Animelove89ShauniDomz
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    edited July 17, 2018
    Greta wrote: »

Where the 3rd sword goes? In your teeth? Someone saw too much One Piece :D

DEFINITELY :D come on don't you think it be cool if it got crossed over to mabiniogi lol