Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PILLOW FIGHT IS BACK (see upcoming maintenance)!

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    This is no longer a pillow fight, it is pillow genocide.

Some cosplayers show up with some soft pillows looking for a fun time of bashing each other with fluffy pillows. Then THIS guy shows up powered by deities from 2 different realities that uses a super powerful nuclear attack that leaves you and everyone you know in a steaming pile of feathers, pain, and misery.

On a more serious note, Blast and Nova are considered melee attacks, so equipping a pillow means that your Blast and Nova are now "Pillow" attacks.
    MizukiHayamaSherri
  • downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    edited August 7, 2018
    Dance of death also works if you are equipped with the pillow, combined with speed boosters , it can take out large amounts.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    IAAW wrote: »
    Personally I did have an idea on how the Pillow Event could be reworked, though it boils down to moving it into a Shadow Mission that you can attempt once per in-game Erinn day. My concept for the mission itself would be that their would be five waves of pillow-wielding mobs that would drop feathers plus one final boss pillow-wielding mob (maybe a Master Lich or something else) and you would have five minutes to defeat all five waves, plus the suggested final boss.

I have no clue what the actual rewards would be beyond the feathers, though. Or the reward system could be different, I don't know. But basically moving events like these into a Shadow Mission that you can do once per day (or once per in-game day) is the best compromise I could think up of; everything exists in a Shadow Mission, nobody has to fight over mobs and everyone has a chance at getting rewards.

Shadow Missions are pretty convenient when you really think about it.

That's a good idea, but I think an even better solution would be to make the mobs unkillable like the little bunnies from the egg event we had earlier this year. You could smack them as much as you want and feathers would go straight to your inventory

MizukiHayamaSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 7, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    Personally I did have an idea on how the Pillow Event could be reworked, though it boils down to moving it into a Shadow Mission that you can attempt once per in-game Erinn day. My concept for the mission itself would be that their would be five waves of pillow-wielding mobs that would drop feathers plus one final boss pillow-wielding mob (maybe a Master Lich or something else) and you would have five minutes to defeat all five waves, plus the suggested final boss.

I have no clue what the actual rewards would be beyond the feathers, though. Or the reward system could be different, I don't know. But basically moving events like these into a Shadow Mission that you can do once per day (or once per in-game day) is the best compromise I could think up of; everything exists in a Shadow Mission, nobody has to fight over mobs and everyone has a chance at getting rewards.

That's a good idea, but I think an even better solution would be to make the mobs unkillable like the little bunnies from the egg event we had earlier this year. You could smack them as much as you want and feathers would go straight to your inventory

Oh my god yes please, if they're worried about 'giving us too many feathers' (oh boo hoo, not like we're getting millions of gold anyway) give us a limit of like 40 feathers or something every Erinn night they spawn idk
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

Oh my god yes please, if they're worried about 'giving us too many feathers' (oh boo hoo, not like we're getting millions of gold anyway) give us a limit of like 40 feathers or something every Erinn night they spawn idk

Or make it more challenging as well. Such as you have to hit the target a number of times before you get a feather (like hitting bushes and trees for berries) and the targets run around and have a higher aggro rate/speed. If they hit you a number of times, you may even lose feathers. Revamp the rewards to match difficulty.