Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Re:ZERO x Mabinogi Events

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    RRM wrote: »
    The GMs may have thought that quests like this...
    Just to let everyone know, GMs (game masters) are essentially the in-game enforcers and the customer service folks. They are not the ones who do the programming of events or other in-game content.
  • NaxosNaxos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,405
    Apparently, Reinhard's Sword (Dragon Sword Reid) is permanently stuck in it's sheath. I have to ponder if that's a bug, or intentional (apparently it can only be drawn against enemies the Sword consider worthy). I kinda have to think if it's intentional, it's a bit of a cop out to avoid modeling the sword...

I do like the custom pose and animation (even if only one of the swing is custom)
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    That's how it is in the show; the sword has yet to leave its sheath. I doubt the people behind the anime would want this legendary weapon to be revealed in some MMO crossover before it appears on the show.
  • NaxosNaxos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,405
    Thanks for shedding light on this :D I'm satisfied with that assessment, no cop out
  • ChibiKikaChibiKika
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Aeolys wrote: »
    *Sigh...*
    Just like in the Meowbinogi event, I'm hitting the "OUT" tile constantly. Only on Board 2, just kicked to the beginning. Again. So getting the tickets needed to buy the goodies in the prize shop (especially the expensive ones) is essentially a crapshoot.

Same here, passed through Board 1 on first try but on Board 2 landed on "OUT" 3 times in a row (I'd ask what are the odds but...eh...)
    Passed Board 2 somehow but Board 3 (for me, at least) has 2 "OUT" tiles on #44 and #28, and so far I landed another 3 times on #44 and 2 times on #28 (Again, odds)

Could be just me looking at it negatively but it feels like there's a good chance of not being able to get 20 tickets by the end of the event. The once-a-day bit already means you can only ever get 28 tickets assuming you didn't miss the first day due to whatever (I have 9 hour night shifts) and if your luck with the board is bad (hitting the "OUT" tile or -1 spin tiles too many times) It takes 7-8 days of falling behind before it becomes a foregone conclusion you can't get that coupon no matter what.

Well, not like this is any different from all the chance instances we've gotten over the years. Even if it's not the case we can't help but feel the game works against us and we have no way of proving either besides statistically questionable results. I'm more surprised this time around they aren't offering to sell spins for NX but I'm not sure how to feel if they did that too.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited August 13, 2018
    I'm unfamiliar with this anime as of right now, but I like the event. That being said, since I don't know anything about the story, I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it makes sense (like the sword thing above). I got a "Priscilla/Anastasia Camp 2nd Title Box" from a Subaru's Reward box, and I opened it and I got "Al 2nd Title Coupon". To me, it makes no sense. Is this a bug? Has anyone actually used this coupon to know what the 2nd title actually says in the titles list? Should I post this in the bugs?
    JZ0o8yM.png
    wvY7Cd6.jpg?1
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I'm unfamiliar with this anime as of right now, but I like the event. That being said, since I don't know anything about the story, I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it makes sense (like the sword thing above). I got a "Priscilla/Anastasia Camp 2nd Title Box" from a Subaru's Reward box, and I opened it and I got "Al 2nd Title Coupon". To me, it makes no sense. Is this a bug? Has anyone actually used this coupon to know what the 2nd title actually says in the titles list? Should I post this in the bugs?

JZ0o8yM.png
    wvY7Cd6.jpg?1

It makes sense, since Al is Priscilla's knight.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Greta wrote: »

JZ0o8yM.png
    wvY7Cd6.jpg?1

It makes sense, since Al is Priscilla's knight.

Thanks. :3
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The Puck spin game is the AFK event, and the Subaru RP is the non-AFK event. I like that and I think it's pretty sweet that we can run the RP as many times as we want to complete it for the first weeks prize and aren't limited to doing only so many, so many times a day. There's not really an excuse about missing a day or two to get the rewards either, it's just a matter of how dedicated one is to actually getting the items. I already got the bookshelf from one of the reward boxes too. Thanks for this event set up, I actually really like it. I can be lazy when I want to be! XD

It's nice that the RP is not time restricted to how much can be run. Can help maximize the rewards for non-afk players.
    Jazmyn
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Katherz wrote: »
    Barusu is what Ram calls Subaru in the anime :)

Somehow, it feels creepy that you know something like that.

How's that even creepy? Aren't we in a game that has anime art style? I think it's cool that GM's know such small details. :)

No. It just seems creepy to see a GM/CM actually.... know things. Nexon has a terrible track record with GMs/CMs/

How's that even creepy? Aren't we in a game that has anime art style? I think it's cool that GM's know such small details. :)

No. It just seems creepy to see a GM/CM actually.... know things. Nexon has a terrible track record with GMs/CMs/

If having knowledge is creepy, then being clueless must be virtue?
    Veylaine
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

I do recognize your name, yet you still seem to be unaware (willing or otherwise) to Nexon's track record.
  • GretaGreta

I do recognize your name, yet you still seem to be unaware (willing or otherwise) to Nexon's track record.

What's your track record?
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    edited August 27, 2018
    Please do not post/direct insulting, rude images towards others.

-removed-

1. Something that happened in the past or of someone does not equate them to someone else now (different people and time). Nice false equivalence but it is wrong.
    2.Technically it is creepy but this probably one of the most extreme uses of the word. I know that stanley from the office likes to do crossword puzzles by your standards guess that seems creepy.
    3. In most anime characters like to refer to each other by names constantly, its especially true with ram and rem given their positions, so its not that hard to catch that detail about ram if a person has watched the anime because it was shown multiple times.

Honestly I just think you're looking for something to grind your gears against this crossover.

GretaJazmynBronzebreak
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 14, 2018
    TheOthic wrote: »

1. Something that happened in the past or of someone does not equate them to someone else (different people and time) now, Nice false equivalence but it is wrong.
    2.Technically it is creepy but this probably one of the most extreme uses of the word. I know that stanley from the office likes to do crossword puzzles by your standards guess that seems creepy.
    3. In most anime characters like to refer to each other by names constantly, its especially true with ram and rem given their positions, so its not that hard to catch that detail about ram if a person has watched the anime because it was shown multiple times.

Honestly I just think you're looking for something to grind your gears against this crossover.

Agree with you, but that image is a bit too much. You might get warned for that, but we still all know they deserved it anyway for being rude and salty at this whole Re: Zero thing (in several threads even), so i forgive you lol.
    edited August 14, 2018

Well for the most part, my gameplay has not been impacted much. Of course there are some instances that everyone has also suffered from, but I won't hold any grudges. Maybe that's because I take breaks every other quarter of the year from the game and I miss stuff that have happened.

But, back to your comment. If you feel it is creepy, that is ok.
    And events will never satisfy everyone. But if most people like it, then it is usually a good thing, but there will be others who aren't so fond of it, and that is also fine. Problem would be if there was a mostly negative reception.

So far, after 5 days, it appears ok for now.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    They need to nerf the defeat Ulgarms mission, they spawn way too much, Subaru has no hp or defense and they just stun lock you so you cant do anything .

zzzzz
    JazmynPankoodaAeolys
  • NurylonNurylon
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    edited August 17, 2018
    Gremm wrote: »
    That Re:Zero Game Board gives out a "Re:Zero Game Board Ticket Box" every time you reach the end but you can only open one of them per day to get 1 ticket.

Here is my question and i want someone who knows to answer me honestly, the Event Dates is: Thursday August 9th, After Maintenance - Thursday September 6th, Before Maintenance. Will the Magical orbs, tickets and any unopened boxes disappear After Maintenance - Thursday September 6th?

Cause if they do then there is no point in trying after ive gotten 26 boxes, it feels like im wasting both my effort and time if the hard-earned reward gets forcefully deleted. :/

Quoting this because it's been a whole page and I've been waiting for this to be answered ever since it was posted. If the answer is that the boxes and the shop doesn't disappear, it really doesn't *matter* that we can only open one box per day.
    At the very least, it affects everyone's "I can get this" math if they're removed 1 week after the event (as standard recently), and the shop is still usable until then, as apposed to on the 6th of September.
  • BedDaveBedDave
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    They need to nerf the defeat Ulgarms mission, they spawn way too much, Subaru has no hp or defense and they just stun lock you so you cant do anything .

zzzzz
    I agree, I have won this one only once so far by sheer luck. Doesn't help that I don't know how chain skills work either. Haven't gotten one to work that I know of yet.

• dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    These events have been pretty antifun overall but some tips regarding this weeks:
    -if you spawn with ice spear most of the time you can just simply use 1 charge of ice spear and kill most if not all the small wolves. It's really up to the AI if you win but this one is pretty consistent at least.
    -if you spawn with chain skills just use regular hits on small wolves. Don't hit the big wolf as it is not only tanky but it actually does little to no damage on subaru. I find that using skills locks you into animation too long which in turn causes you to eventually get overrun before the time is up.
    NurylonBerryswirl