Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Paladin Skills

JazmynJazmyn
Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
edited August 18, 2018 in Help
So, while sitting in the banquet, gaining levels lazily, I was keeping an eye on Paladin to rank up Power of Order to 1 finally. Looking on the wiki after discussing Beast vs Paladin skills with my husband, it shows that Paladin's have 6 passive skills, but I only have 3. Are the passive defense skills not actually rank-up type skills like the "Order" skills?

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Paladin#Paladin_Skills

WB5MzR8.png

Dar4vx9.png?1

Comments

• downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    From what I recall in the past, Paladin have a separate quest to get those passive defenses, not sure if you are still able to do them now (search for "Paladin Passive Defense Quest" on that wiki you linked). If not, you can try completing the revamped g2 if you still have it.
    BronzebreakJazmyn
  • NaxosNaxos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,405
    edited August 19, 2018
    I vaguely remember a questline and a book regarding those passive skills, but hell it's been quite some time since, I'm not sure which NPC initiâtes it. Might be Price, might be Aodhan, or another one of those Emain Macha NPCs from G2, but that's legitimately something I completely forget until now

This page still exists, it might be a cue in to your issue : https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Paladin_Passive_Defense_Quest
    Jazmyn
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    The Paladin Defensive Quest is only from the old G2. The new G2 automatically gives you the passive defenses upon defeating Esras. If the book can no longer be obtained, then you'll need to redo G2 (a.k.a, do the new version of G2). Or you might be able to get them by sending in a ticket.
    JazmynImaizumi
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited August 19, 2018
    This character has been screwy since I returned... I do not have the titles for G1 and G2 even though I did do the generations back when you had to pay for premium... I don't ever remember having a Paladin Defensive Quest when it first came out on either of my main two characters? I'll look into it with those links...

Do you know if there is a way I can go and redo generations starting from G1, because I can't even start some of the other generations... I never got the revamped option on this character. And I DID do the revamp on Jazmyn with Paladin and didn't have any passive defense coming up on it....

Or, can support allow me to do that without messing anything up?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: It appears I have the Book of Paladin. No quest, but when I talk to price using the keyword he asks if I want to give up or not to give up. So, I'll go and see if I can find the page in the library, it seems it may be the easiest to try right now, and go from there.

Another Edit: I got the 4th page. Wewt. Is it still possible to send a ticket to support to be able to redo G1, G2, and G3 though? So I can do 7 and 8? I've finished 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, and 20..

Another another edit: I'll try and talk to Lorna once I get the last page for the Book of Paladin.

Yea.. another edit: XD Ok, I got the skills. Lorna wants me to bring a Saga coupon though, so no clue on getting G1 again. -_- Thanks for the Paladin help though! Ya'll are awesome. :)
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Generation 7 has a rather different method for starting the Generation Quest Chain. A player must obtain Suntouched, Frostbitten, and the Stormcharged Pieces in order to begin the Generation. They are to be gifted to the Altars (by dragging and dropping) found in the Erkey Falls. To get to the Falls, you are to go to the La Terra Highlands and request a Raft. See below be for more information.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Generation 7 has a rather different method for starting the Generation Quest Chain. A player must obtain Suntouched, Frostbitten, and the Stormcharged Pieces in order to begin the Generation. They are to be gifted to the Altars (by dragging and dropping) found in the Erkey Falls. To get to the Falls, you are to go to the La Terra Highlands and request a Raft. See below be for more information.

Thank you; however, I do understand how to start Generation 7 as I did complete it on a different character. Due to not having G1, G2, or G3 titles or access to those quests and the wiki says "To start Generation 7, you must have completed Generation 3.", I don't want to go through the trouble of finding the pieces to learn that it wont let me start it anyways. :(
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited August 25, 2018
    There is a version of Lorna you are supposed to talk to. I think she is somewhere near Duncan but I don't remember. The ability to redo the earlier generations came in generation 16. Sorry if I am not much help. I guess it is any Lorna in the Uladh towns.