Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Duels Shutting Down

TNinjaTNinja
Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
edited August 22, 2018 in General Chat
Well that's a sad tale if I've seen one.

Remember when the game had a crossover with BlazBlue?

And itself?

And it's prequel?

dd5298e5ac.jpg
2ca927432b.jpg

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 25, 2018
    I seriously only played one day during open beta and after a couple hours I logged off and never played again. Now if it was a MOBILE game like it was intended to be, I might be still playing it during my breaks at work. But no. Nope.

Also this was announced on August 1st...it's now the 23rd. Only now someone has noticed from this community? Yeah that's why the game is dead. But that's not the only reason.

I'm going to go on a bit of a tangent here...

Nexon NA, stop ruining the FRANCHISE. Vindictus was supposed to be MABINOGI Heroes, Duel of Summoners was supposed to be MABINOGI Duel. I've been complaining about this bs for years! People love franchises, series, ext. But you guys want to be special snowflakes and change the names of the games released over here. Did you know when Vindictus was released the Mabinogi community here HAD NO IDEA THAT VINDICTUS WAS A MABINOGI RELATED GAME. I know because a year into the game I posted a thread about Vindictus in the Mabinogi forums AND THEY WERE COMPLETELY CLUELESS. They did not know!

That alone RUINS THE EXPOSURE OF THE MABINOGI GAMES!!!

NA you better NOT make the same mistakes with MABINOGI Mobile, or it will DIE too (costing even more jobs and lives)! Release content as it was intended. DO NOT BUTCHER IT. :|

Thank you.
    Darkpixie99ImaizumiSaiAstralBlueSherri
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Gaea wrote: »
    I seriously only played one day during open beta and after a couple hours I logged off and never played again. Now if it was a MOBILE game like it was intended to be, I might be still playing it during my breaks at work. But no. Nope.

Also this was announced on August 1st...it's now the 23rd. Only now someone has noticed from this community? Yeah that's why the game is dead. But that's not the only reason.

Nexon NA, stop ruining the FRANCHISE. Vindictus was supposed to be MABINOGI Heroes, Duel of Summoners was supposed to be MABINOGI Duel. I've been complaining about this bs for years! People love franchises, series, ext. But you guys want to be special snowflakes and change the names of the games released over here. Did you know when Vindictus was released the Mabinogi community here HAD NO IDEA THAT VINDICTUS WAS A MABINOGI RELATED GAME. I know because a year into the game I posted a thread about Vindictus in the Mabinogi forums AND THEY WERE COMPLETELY CLUELESS. They did not know!

NA you better NOT make the same mistakes with MABINOGI Mobile, or it will DIE too. Release content as it was intended. DO NOT BUTCHER IT. :|

Thank you.

I mean, they have also lost PopTag! and LawBreakers, and transferred DFO, DN, and CA.

And those are only the games that I know of lol.
  • TNinjaTNinja

NA you better NOT make the same mistakes with MABINOGI Mobile, or it will DIE too. Release content as it was intended. DO NOT BUTCHER IT. :|

Thank you.

Localisation's a bugger, yeah?
    Pectyl
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I already sank 2 much $$$ into this one. Not gonna bother with any other spinoff/clone/ripoff.
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    I actually played Mabinogi Duel on my phone all the time. I think I won a tournament or two once, that was surely fun.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I didn't have fond memories of Mabi Duel. Every online match I played ended the same way: I get Spear of Light-ed and then I get steamrolled.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    i didant even know this was a thing :/

theres way to meany card games of actual games -_-
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The Bling Goblin and poorly done gag jokes ruined it for me.
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Wait, is this the Mabinogi Duel mobile card game? Or something else? Because those art thumbnails don't look anything like the mobile game's style. o.o
    edited August 23, 2018
    Actually this should be Duel of Summoners, thread title is mislabeled.
    2 different games.
    Jazmyn
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Actually this should be Duel of Summoners, thread title is mislabeled.
    2 different games.

Last I checked, they play pretty much the same.
  • PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    I guess it was only a question about when after all, However what i don't understand is why release this on Steam instead of focusing on the smart phone version?, instead of giving people a video game depicting (some) established characters and killing it of shortly after, that's not helping the Mabinogi brand.

I kind of expected this game to fail, i mean Nexon have not been able to do much with the Mabinogi name since...well since Mabinogi, and unless we get a remake of the current Mabinogi game, i don't expect Nexon to do much with this brand.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Oh. I didn't realize this was related to Mabi either. ^ ^;; I think they should have only stuck to drawn artwork instead of putting Vindictus stuff in. It sticks out quite a bit...even though I know Vindictus is in the Mabi world.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 23, 2018

Thank you.

I mean, they have also lost PopTag! and LawBreakers, and transferred DFO, DN, and CA.

And those are only the games that I know of lol.

DN returned to Eyedentity because, you know... they wanted to handle it themselves.
    First Assault Ghost In The Shell Online must've sunset sometime last year, because that's gone.
    (A shame, I heard so much praise over it's relation to the anime settings, and the gameplay wasn't half bad. Despite the spawn nuke bug from CBT that never got fixed.)
    Unfortunately, Lawbreakers is also going to have to sunset. (It already is, here's the link.)
    The kicker there was that this one was a kickstarter that just never made it out unscathed due to the Nexon Gift Of Greed curse.
    There was also that Atlantia Online game that was hosted, and was lost as the game didn't return to populatiry or profit.
    (I have no idea what happened there.)
    But one must understand that mobile games weren't meant to last long.
    And we've been spoiled by the longevity of Mabi itself (and long may Mabi continue)
    WolfandWolfBronzebreak
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    It should be noted that Nexon NA is not the same as Nexon mobile games. They are completely different, with nexon Mobile games being a sub category being run by it's own set of devs. You should not be blaming the mabinogi devs for this. Also I have zero intention of playing the mabi mobile game. It didn't appeal at all to me and if I wanted to restart mabi, I have the option of choosing another server.
    Bronzebreak
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    It should be noted that Nexon NA is not the same as Nexon mobile games. They are completely different, with nexon Mobile games being a sub category being run by it's own set of devs. You should not be blaming the mabinogi devs for this. Also I have zero intention of playing the mabi mobile game. It didn't appeal at all to me and if I wanted to restart mabi, I have the option of choosing another server.

Nexon Mobile has a habit (because of the ultra competitive mobile game market) to produce a lot of games and then get rid of them just as fast.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    So, if this was Mabinogi Duel PC client the game would have done way better. Instead they made a PC port of a already niche GLOBAL card game. The global mobile game (Mabinogi Duel) has enough players to continue. The PC game (Duel of Summoners) seems t be shutting down. I was so hype for this being a possible PC client to the mobile game as I still can't get the mobile game to run well in bluestacks/Nox.
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    So, if this was Mabinogi Duel PC client the game would have done way better. Instead they made a PC port of a already niche GLOBAL card game. The global mobile game (Mabinogi Duel) has enough players to continue. The PC game (Duel of Summoners) seems t be shutting down. I was so hype for this being a possible PC client to the mobile game as I still can't get the mobile game to run well in bluestacks/Nox.

Blame poor business decisions.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Blame poor business decisions.

Oh my, I'm wrong the entire game is gone, global and NA release. This make me pretty sad, it was one of my favorite card games to come out int he last decade.