Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Disable use of nearly everything in OX quiz area

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I think they should implement a "solo" mode. Where it completely removes everyone graphically so that the person using it feels like the only person in the world. No messages, just the player and NPCs.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I think they should implement a "solo" mode. Where it completely removes everyone graphically so that the person using it feels like the only person in the world. No messages, just the player and NPCs.

Sounds like quite a bit of resources to burn for every person who wants a solo mode. Isn't everything stored on a server so they need quite a bit of excess space for that information especially if the mode is separate from "multiplayer" and requires you to make a new character.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Sounds like quite a bit of resources to burn for every person who wants a solo mode. Isn't everything stored on a server so they need quite a bit of excess space for that information especially if the mode is separate from "multiplayer" and requires you to make a new character.

I said graphically, so the client still knows everyone is there, and behaves like everyone is still there, but it just doesn't draw them on the screen. This is how mini effects and minimize other characters work since it removes most graphical effects to reduce lag and lighten the processing load. My suggest is the logical conclusion of that same system where we outright just remove everyone graphically so that you can't be lagged by that issue anymore. So, no, this won't stress out the servers or need extra space.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I just blacklist everyone.

But then some people won't be able to leech off the answers of others lol.

People should be able to and in my opinion, will be more efficient if they answer the questions themselves.
    No distraction from peers.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    Thats a terrible idea. Ppl dont just spam skills to be annoying, its for training. This may come as a shock, but there are players without every skill at r1. Take some time to deal with that revelation. I, personally, trained rain casting from 7 to 1 way more easily then I would have otherwise. Permanently disabling everything in the quiz area, or any area where large numbers of players wait around for that matter, is a terrible idea. Everything is already disabled during the quiz itself, isnt that good enough for u? U gotta wanna take away ppls skill training while waiting just cause u dont wanna see lag while u afk between quiz shows too? Not to mention that youre also talking about disabling pet summons near the already very inconveniently placed vales mana tunnel, which is used over and over and over again in nearly every mainstream and a great deal of side quests, on top of being part of the giant starting area. Arbitrarily disabling everything in part of a starting area is a good way to make sure no new players who start as a giant for their first character ever stick around for more. Im glad the devs have more sense then you do, thats for sure.