Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rework the Pet AI

GremmGremm
Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
edited August 30, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Over the years I've noticed that the pets AI tend to degenerate for every update we get, the pets AI won't do anything outside of regular melee and they might use a few spells every once in a while.
They can't even heal you properly and over the last couple of bigger maintenance, they've grown next to useless as support in battle.

I want the pets to regain their glorious past where they could heal you when you were hurt (Not charge 5 heals, use 1-2 then just stare at you until you're dead)

Could someone give those AI a quick look over and update them so that they can still work as a good supporter in this game? I think theyve been neglected for far too long already..

Gindr
Alexina Server
  1. Are you happy with the current Pet AI?5 votes
    1. Yes
       40% (2 votes)
    2. No
       60% (3 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 30, 2018
    That's because you are using a potato AI that game offered. I'm wondering if you are aware that players can create AI for their pets themselves, but requires to have some kind of understanding to know what you do there. Some of my friends shared some decent AI's in past and i'm still using one almost every day in combat.
  • KyomikuKyomiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 965
    As Greta said, make your own AI
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    Ive tried that in the past but i never managed to make it work, i just didnt understand how to make them i guess.

But yeah, that potato, its old, i want a new and better one. :P
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    With the downfall of Mabination we've lost some knowledge in pet AI making. Mabination actually had several AIs written that you can use that are quite good and some are even adjusted to specific fighting styles. We have pet AIs that make them behave as a player would in a combat situation (using counter or def after attack, charging bolts on a successful counter, etc), support type AIs like pets attacking something while the player uses magic or range, even some AIs specifically built for exploiting soul link. You can probably find these in some form other another in different places, but I got my AIs from Mabination, in a surprising simple design choice, you just move the files to a specific location and Mabi will actually read and list the AIs in your pet interface so you can select and use them.
    Gremm
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Maybe they should give pets something similar to Secret of Mana's "Action Grid".