Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rank 5 Song Transformation Mastery Integration

IAAWIAAW
Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
edited September 1, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
When you reach Rank 5 Song, you can sing without using a Microphone, which means that even while bare-handed you can use Music buffs on the go. This is extremely handy and a valuable reason for going after Rank 5 Song; however, it's an ability that doesn't work alongside Transformation Mastery, meaning that you can't utilize Music buffs while using a monster transformation. While you could easily exit a monster transformation and use a Music buff, this can become cumbersome. So, my suggestion is to alter Transformation Mastery so that you have access to Music buffs while using a monster transformation when you've reached Rank 5 Song.

I think this is something that would allow some additional utility while using Transformation Mastery, among other things.

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Would we sing in the voices of our transformation? Barks for dogs, female voices for female NPCs, silence for inanimate objects (and thus no sing skill).
    Kensamaofmari
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited September 1, 2018
    Would we sing in the voices of our transformation? Barks for dogs, female voices for female NPCs, silence for inanimate objects (and thus no sing skill).

I suppose that would have to vary from transformation to transformation, but in my mind it would be simpler to just go with the male or female voices depending on the transformation's gender.

In other words, nothing wrong with a singing lamppost in my mind.

EDIT: I will add that in lieu of a gender that the voice can simply default to male or the player's gender.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I wanna be a singing bear! :O
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    I thought this was gonna go in the direction of bare handed transforming past rank 5, but this is much better.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    ^ Bare-handed transforming at r5 also sounds great!
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Trying to imagine singing skeleton.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Maybe let humanoid characters/npcs use instruments too. A bear with a guitar! Woooo
    IAAWKensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    Maybe let humanoid characters/npcs use instruments too. A bear with a guitar! Woooo

A bear with a singing bass.
    (pun included)
    THICCthighssavelives