Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A Mabi Legacy Servers?

Comments

  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Rhey wrote: »
    Gears without reforge would be a nice throwback 2 as well

    tbh I disagree. I like reforges minus that they're cash shop.
    JazmynTheNyanCat
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,497
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    Gears without reforge would be a nice throwback 2 as well

    tbh I disagree. I like reforges minus that they're cash shop.

    I guess...if we keep it in line like w/Sidhe.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,005
    Posts: 416
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    If you really wanna experience classic Mabi’s combat system, for the most part, just log onto a pet. You’ll lose the instant-load skills, be limited in your combat options, and you’ll have a terribly limited inventory!
    BronzebreakHardmuscleCrimsọnSebastianJazmynClovis15LeineiAlexisEUSaiCallanthe
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited January 28, 2019
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    JazmynAlexisEUTheNyanCat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,665
    Posts: 7,713
    Member
    edited September 17, 2018
    deleted, leaving the forums.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,497
    Member
    Aquasol wrote: »
    If you really wanna experience classic Mabi’s combat system, for the most part, just log onto a pet. You’ll lose the instant-load skills, be limited in your combat options, and you’ll have a terribly limited inventory!

    But doesn't it still eat their time limit out? o3o
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,945
    Posts: 1,157
    Member
    Rhey wrote: »
    Aquasol wrote: »
    If you really wanna experience classic Mabi’s combat system, for the most part, just log onto a pet. You’ll lose the instant-load skills, be limited in your combat options, and you’ll have a terribly limited inventory!

    But doesn't it still eat their time limit out? o3o

    There you have a real example of paid service
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,585
    Posts: 1,009
    Member
    Aquasol wrote: »
    If you really wanna experience classic Mabi’s combat system, for the most part, just log onto a pet. You’ll lose the instant-load skills, be limited in your combat options, and you’ll have a terribly limited inventory!

    And you'll have to walk pretty much everywhere because the moon gates don't work the same/right at all, while on a pet. Lol.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,945
    Posts: 1,157
    Member
    edited September 15, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Aquasol wrote: »
    If you really wanna experience classic Mabi’s combat system, for the most part, just log onto a pet. You’ll lose the instant-load skills, be limited in your combat options, and you’ll have a terribly limited inventory!

    And you'll have to walk pretty much everywhere because the moon gates don't work the same/right at all, while on a pet. Lol.

    Don't they still use the travel clock?
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,585
    Posts: 1,009
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Aquasol wrote: »
    If you really wanna experience classic Mabi’s combat system, for the most part, just log onto a pet. You’ll lose the instant-load skills, be limited in your combat options, and you’ll have a terribly limited inventory!

    And you'll have to walk pretty much everywhere because the moon gates don't work the same/right at all, while on a pet. Lol.

    Don't they still use the travel clock?

    I think a broken version of it, unless it's just been so long that I forgot how it worked. Dunbarton always seems to bring me to Bangor and then I can't get anywhere from Bangor moon gate. Didn't pay attention to what time it was though.
  • FlameStrikerFlameStriker
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member
    A Legacy server would work if they kept in some of the Quality of life updates and nerfed alot of the content to pre-genesis style
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Posts: 53
    Member
    The sad fact is, the game is the way it is now to appease and attract newer generation of players. The majority the younger generation really don't have patience for the difficulty and grind that Mabinogi started with. It's not just Mabi that has become easier, other old MMOs have also made leveling/end-game almost obsolete when compared their initial launch.
    Imaizumi
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    Posts: 90
    Member
    edited September 28, 2018
    I remember the glory days of the closed beta testing and gathering around a camp fire and taking those screenshots as the world was about to end. I believe we had a 20 man ciar normal raid. Those were the days.

    I don't actively play, nor did I really ever after G3, but right now the new system isn't really a problem on the off chance I do, but everything does seem easier. My main problem is too much content IMO and end up feeling over loaded. In fact there is so much content that if you don't want to spend the next millennium balancing and redesigning every enemies AI you can subvert that by lowering the difficulty and on difficult monsters just crank it up to 11 and add every resistance known to man. I started playing even less when the demi-god stuff and god forms began to be released a bit too much for my sense of comfy and fantasy life

    Solution, make Mabinogi 2 and weed out the unpopular skills and systems also bring back the comfy Fantasy Life instead of Anime Life for the love of god please
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    I remember the glory days of the closed beta testing and gathering around a camp fire and taking those screenshots as the world was about to end. I believe we had a 20 man ciar normal raid. Those were the days.

    I don't actively play, nor did I really ever after G3, but right now the new system isn't really a problem on the off chance I do, but everything does seem easier. My main problem is too much content IMO and end up feeling over loaded. In fact there is so much content that if you don't want to spend the next millennium balancing and redesigning every enemies AI you can subvert that by lowering the difficulty and on difficult monsters just crank it up to 11 and add every resistance known to man. I started playing even less when the demi-god stuff and god forms began to be released a bit too much for my sense of comfy and fantasy life

    Solution, make Mabinogi 2 and weed out the unpopular skills and systems also bring back the comfy Fantasy Life instead of Anime Life for the love of god please

    I didn't like the anime life stuff at all. Guns are okay with them being like, magically engineered mana bullets it's not that odd, ninja is a cool idea but done wrong. For lack of a better term it's way too weaboo to feel like it belongs. Chains fit, although a bit anime as well at least the story doesn't involve the most cliched "ninjas" I can think of. Scooter pet was a mistake imo. Mechanical pets sure, but a moped is a bit of a stretch. The aces are also insufferable, all of them. Treasure hunter doesn't even have a name he's so irrelevant to everything, starlet who supposedly can heal people with songs can't save an injured dog who she valued above most people and Prof J is just an edgy reject. Merlin might be aloof and goofy, but at least he's consistent and plays a part in the story.

    Old mabi is nostalgic, but I wouldn't actually be interested in it today.
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Posts: 39
    Member
    Syaohart wrote: »
    The sad fact is, the game is the way it is now to appease and attract newer generation of players. The majority the younger generation really don't have patience for the difficulty and grind that Mabinogi started with. It's not just Mabi that has become easier, other old MMOs have also made leveling/end-game almost obsolete when compared their initial launch.

    I don't think we give younger players enough credit. It's not that they don't have patience, it's that they learned about the game through new content released and they'll likely want one of two things: to play that first, or to have a believably doable path on how they can be able to play it. If they learned it would take years to get to a point to where they can do the new content, and the only content they can do is outdated and nerfed to the point it's mind numbing, the interest drops there unless something else gets them hooked. It'd be different if the older content was the reason they wanted to play, but why would that be advertised over the new and better stuff?
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    Posts: 90
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Old mabi is nostalgic, but I wouldn't actually be interested in it today.

    Mechanically absolutely. The VIP was a must have and even then it was nickle and dime with even rebirthing pets requiring you to buy another one for the card. No free mounts either it was all foot travel. Even rebirthing was only over 20 and you'd have to pay for it before then.

    Early mabi was really a pay4full experience game. That being said mechanically this at present is just too much for me brain though one thing that hasn't changed is still you can ignore all the anime nonsense if you just go out and have fun with friends and do dungeons or other things together. If you go at this game right now alone you will have 0 direction due to how disjointed all the systems/skills in this game there are, but like always parties/guilds really do help with that.

    Hoping you understand what I'm trying to say
    BronzebreakJazmyn
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,485
    Posts: 220
    Member
    nope you're older now and your childhood won't come back even after playing the old version of mabi

    it was bad, good for 2002 but in 2018? no, not even current mabi can keep up with the times
    ImaizumiHellkaizer
  • SukuttoSukutto
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited October 5, 2018
    It might be interesting for a bit. I think the real reason I think that was that the atmosphere of the game felt a lot different back then than it does today. Most of my interest in the game back in 2009 was the Celtic Mythology inspiration of the world. I really liked the story from G1-3. I feel like the game has slowly drifted away from that source material over time. But I understand why it had to happen.