Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Crom Bás Part 2 update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/71292/crom-b-s-unveiled-abyss-part-2-patch-notes-january-13th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bingo gachapon and other sales

MiruhaMiruha
Mabinogi Rep: 1,540
Posts: 63
Member
in Feedback and Suggestions
While I do understand the need for nexon to do their sales to pay their employees, not everyone who plays this game is able to pay for events like this bingo gachapon.
I remember when we'd get a bingo event and you had to hunt for the tokens needed to play.
It also makes it difficult for people who want to get the sets (fashionogis) but can't afford the outrageous prices set by people who first get them.
I can't be the only one who misses having the sets come out in bags like they used to do. I mean, the rebirth cards were great, too.
I guess my feedback for this would be, maybe nexon could do something to would make everyone feel included again?
TwistedxFateGremmSherri

Comments

  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    They don't need to do something to make everyone feel included because they already do that. They are always doing events that give out free outfits or free pets. They always do hot-time events, and giveaways. Also the stuff that comes in gachas and sales are 99.99% of the time tradeable (minus 1-2 items) so you can always buy them from other players and they are hardly always expensive.
  • MiruhaMiruha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,540
    Posts: 63
    Member
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    They don't need to do something to make everyone feel included because they already do that. They are always doing events that give out free outfits or free pets. They always do hot-time events, and giveaways. Also the stuff that comes in gachas and sales are 99.99% of the time tradeable (minus 1-2 items) so you can always buy them from other players and they are hardly always expensive.

    "Hardly expensive"? You mean like the 30m+ for items from the Egyptian sets? Or how there are items with poses and then the sets that don't have it? And the items with poses are, again, 30m+? Not to mention the people on other serves (like Alexina) are stuck with crap prices that are way too over priced because of one person - or so I'm told from a person who left Alexina for that very reason.
    I mean, sure, if you feel like wasting $300 or more on gachas, go for it.
    Sherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    Miruha wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    They don't need to do something to make everyone feel included because they already do that. They are always doing events that give out free outfits or free pets. They always do hot-time events, and giveaways. Also the stuff that comes in gachas and sales are 99.99% of the time tradeable (minus 1-2 items) so you can always buy them from other players and they are hardly always expensive.

    "Hardly expensive"? You mean like the 30m+ for items from the Egyptian sets? Or how there are items with poses and then the sets that don't have it? And the items with poses are, again, 30m+? Not to mention the people on other serves (like Alexina) are stuck with crap prices that are way too over priced because of one person - or so I'm told from a person who left Alexina for that very reason.
    I mean, sure, if you feel like wasting $300 or more on gachas, go for it.

    The Egyptian sets were 30m the first day. They went down to 5-8m, Titles are justified because of how powerful they are. There is also plenty of ways to get money in Mabi,so it's not like you can't work for something you want. Collab outfits are always a stupid high price. Outside of that, outfits don't reach 30m anymore unless they are rare, which then It's understandable, and anyone who chooses to spend 300$ is on them.
  • OmnomnomnomOmnomnomnom
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited September 13, 2018
    There's TONS of event based cosmetics and outfits, Hell theres been tons of Gacha only cosmetics re-released through later events killing their prior "value". Just because they're not the ones you like / want doesn't mean they don't do plenty for the day to day user base. Looking at the last event we JUST HAD The puck Spins alone could fund plenty of things so long as you got lucky / spent the time daily to get your spins from the ambient checks, To the various goods from the boxes that can easily be sold for a pretty penny. (Protection stones, Trade unlocks, and even enchant protections? Hello?) Not to mention the fact that there's a brand new fishing event offering up a rather cute Autumn outfit as we speak. . .

    As for these "Outrageous prices" Of course people are going to be looking to get the most out of what they payed for. Specially since its borderline gambling and there's some items with a .1% drop rate out of some of these gachas, and a profit or even any form of return isn't guaranteed.

    Granted i do miss the outfit boxes themselves. they still hit every now and then just not as consistently as they use to, and understandably. they have a lower profit margin by far.
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Posts: 39
    Member
    Miruha wrote: »
    It also makes it difficult for people who want to get the sets (fashionogis) but can't afford the outrageous prices set by people who first get them.

    If no one was willing to pay the outrageous price, the item wouldn't sell. As much as it sucks, there's just people that want to pay more to guarantee they get the item over others. The price will go down after those people are gone, or it will go up if it's that rare and not all of them have it yet.

    However, it would be really nice to hunt for tokens for bingo. It sounds like it could be fun, even if you needed a rather large amount of tokens to do anything worthwhile.
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    Posts: 184
    Member
    edited September 14, 2018
    The main reason the prices are that high is because of those gold link spammers in Dunbarton etc, some of those are legit and people can cheat by buying their gold from those illegal sites then get rid of it all by buying the outfits etc that they like.

    Its a gold washing system and people like us who don't do that kind of things get the shorter end of the stick. :/

    I support your idea, i don't understand why the other comments in here have to be so negative about this subject, you guys disagree, that's fine, but why do you have to come in here and shoot her down like this? Just leave for the next post instead. :P
    CDMarilSherriMiruha
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,160
    Posts: 2,714
    Member
    I totally agree. I've been super supportive of outfit bags and I've been buying them when they come out..at least, the ones I don't have. What I really don't understand is why the big money grab Bingo right after Re:zero? That had to of gotten them tons of money. I bought both partners and that was roughly 36k NX right there, not to mention many other people did that, bought the pet AND a mountain of gachas/doll bags.. :l

    Gremm wrote: »
    The main reason the prices are that high is because of those gold link spammers in Dunbarton etc, some of those are legit and people can cheat by buying their gold from those illegal sites then get rid of it all by buying the outfits etc that they like.

    Its a gold washing system and people like us who don't do that kind of things get the shorter end of the stick. :/

    I support your idea, i don't understand why the other comments in here have to be so negative about this subject, you guys disagree, that's fine, but why do you have to come in here and shoot her down like this? Just leave for the next post instead. :P

    Just a guess, not meaning to accuse or throw insults, but perhaps they're Nexon White Knights? I've encountered a few in-game, if you say anything bad about the game, they'll get all over you for it. But this is just a thought o3o

    (this is towards them)
    As for the Puck Spins, yes they do give out a lot, but only if you are lucky. I've been relatively okay with them but I've usually spent the gold on repairs or going for something that would help me become stronger in the game...Which I'm actually struggling with because I can't find elf friendly Mana Shield 20 gloves to save my life..
    Miruha
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,755
    Posts: 6,955
    Member
    edited September 14, 2018
    I wasted 100$ for Re: Zero stuff and this is really a lot for me. It's like 1/4 of my monthly salary. And then they slap in this Bingo Crapcha. I would have definitely bought a stack or two, but i already feel like i wasted half of my 100$ on this Re: Zero gacha that gave me only Emilia outfit, which is least wanted gacha crossover outfit for most players. Everything else was dyes and training potions, a pair of wings, few random weapon/outfit pieces and a sewing kit with conqueror enchant on it. Pretty much all i have is Rem/Ram partner, two Patrasches (planning to sell one later for good money) and Emilia outfit. And wasted 100$ for this little. Why you rob us Nexon?
    Please slow down with these gacha releases, people can't keep up with this anymore. Please go back to one gacha release in a month, not 2-3 new gachas every month, releasing and switching between them for almost every week. It's getting ridiculous.
    Miruha
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Posts: 154
    Member
    I'd be fine with the bingo event if they kept the items strictly cosmetic. The fact they have these potions and exclusive enchants seems like a kick in the pants for those who don't shovel cash into the game.
    SherriMiruha
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,730
    Posts: 489
    Member
    Erorserv wrote: »
    I'd be fine with the bingo event if they kept the items strictly cosmetic. The fact they have these potions and exclusive enchants seems like a kick in the pants for those who don't shovel cash into the game.

    Potions are all for convenience's sake, HS is all decoration (non-functional), and none of the Enchants are available ONLY from this; they're primarily from end-game dungeons.

    As such, this is one of the better gachapons I've seen; there's no power creep in it.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    They've been pumping out a gacha every 1-2 weeks.
    Surprised anyone has been able to buy from them.

    Miruha
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Posts: 154
    Member
    Potions are all for convenience's sake, HS is all decoration (non-functional), and none of the Enchants are available ONLY from this; they're primarily from end-game dungeons.

    As such, this is one of the better gachapons I've seen; there's no power creep in it.

    Barring the music buff potion and all the weapons, of course.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    I find it hard to support this idea tbh. This gacha is almost entirely fashion/decoration stuff. It's EXACTLY what should be in a gacha... Stuff that doesn't change gameplay. It's hard to say you're not included when we just had rezero puck spins, the whole subaru quest line we're even getting a free dog pet soon as well. A better idea would be to slowly add patterns for old gacha outfits to the game, like the reaper outfit could be a pattern drop from lich, or another field boss/raid.

    If nexon would stop throwing gold at us things would probably be better. Shadow crystals, cheques from puck spins, the lotto we had when chain blade came out things like that that generate gold in massive amounts hurts the game. Idc about the exp shadow crystals give but the reward in gold is too much.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,730
    Posts: 489
    Member
    Erorserv wrote: »
    Potions are all for convenience's sake, HS is all decoration (non-functional), and none of the Enchants are available ONLY from this; they're primarily from end-game dungeons.

    As such, this is one of the better gachapons I've seen; there's no power creep in it.

    Barring the music buff potion and all the weapons, of course.

    Yeah, just realized that the weapons are r1 and have crafting bonuses on them for some reason....

    I mean, they are ALL still outclassed by in-game item, but you have to play the RNG game for a better weapon.

    As far as the Music potion, is +2 Buff really considered power creep?
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Posts: 154
    Member
    As far as the Music potion, is +2 Buff really considered power creep?

    I didn't check how much it was before commenting, but you're right. +2 is nothing.