Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Excited for the Halloween Gacha?

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    So long as there isn't any way to 'free' repair accessories like you can with x9 repair cost weapons (I haven't really looked into this at all, dunno if there is) I suppose they're more-or-less balanced(?)

bHL0TMO.jpg
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited September 26, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »

I also wanna say uhh everyone complained about the Creepy/Haunted/Eerie/Spooky Enchants and now you want them back..? o3o

They shouldn't have been gacha exclusive to begin with. However now that they obviously are, they should release them a little more often so that they aren't just unobtainable walls in damage that prevent people from being competitive. Seems pretty simple.

The same argument has pretty much been made over and over and over with all the enchants/gear/titles that make gacha the only place to get god-tier gear. If it's going to be in the game, make it obtainable in-game. If it's absolutely not going to be obtainable in-game and is locked behind a paywall, make it not impossible to get beyond one gacha.

The best situation would be a new prefix and suffix dropped in the new g22 dungeon that's better than creepy/haunted or something.
    SherriSebastianBronzebreakShouK
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Tbh the only gacha I'm looking forward to is hopefully, the return of Ear-y Tails Gachapon

I also wanna say uhh everyone complained about the Creepy/Haunted/Eerie/Spooky Enchants and now you want them back..? o3o

bcf.png

To be fair, when Nexon released it immediately after people spent 100 Million Gold or something on Avenger Accessories, it irked even me. I do not invest in accessories, but imagine paying a ton of gold for a combat advantage one has not seen in a long time, then have it be immediately rendered of far less value when the far cheaper, economical, and outright better versions arrive IMMEDIATELY AFTER IN ANOTHER GACHAPON.

Why release the Avenger Accessories and such if they were just going to render them outdated and of far less value? I mean sure, you could say "But they still go those accessories!" Except they were worth far less, and devalued in such a short time, in a move where Nexon seemingly pulled a cruel prank on the playerbase.

Honestly? It reeks of blatant ignorance and disrespect. I am not a combat person, but this is an especially jerk move.
    SherriArjuneTHICCthighssavelives
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Maia wrote: »

They shouldn't have been gacha exclusive to begin with. However now that they obviously are, they should release them a little more often so that they aren't just unobtainable walls in damage that prevent people from being competitive. Seems pretty simple.

The same argument has pretty much been made over and over and over with all the enchants/gear/titles that make gacha the only place to get god-tier gear. If it's going to be in the game, make it obtainable in-game. If it's absolutely not going to be obtainable in-game and is locked behind a paywall, make it not impossible to get beyond one gacha.

The best situation would be a new prefix and suffix dropped in the new g22 dungeon that's better than creepy/haunted or something.

Or just put creepy haunted and eerie spooky in g22. Meteoroid and those ones are in the g22 dungeons.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Tbh the only gacha I'm looking forward to is hopefully, the return of Ear-y Tails Gachapon

bcf.png

To be fair, when Nexon released it immediately after people spent 100 Million Gold or something on Avenger Accessories, it irked even me. I do not invest in accessories, but imagine paying a ton of gold for a combat advantage one has not seen in a long time, then have it be immediately rendered of far less value when the far cheaper, economical, and outright better versions arrive IMMEDIATELY AFTER IN ANOTHER GACHAPON.

Why release the Avenger Accessories and such if they were just going to render them outdated and of far less value? I mean sure, you could say "But they still go those accessories!" Except they were worth far less, and devalued in such a short time, in a move where Nexon seemingly pulled a cruel prank on the playerbase.

Honestly? It reeks of blatant ignorance and disrespect. I am not a combat person, but this is an especially jerk move.
    Fair points. Is it not obvious to anyone else that they're doing the same thing with bags right now?
    Goose Feather ( and other, less-important totems) and Totem Bags in same event,
    Then Carasek from event,
    Then Black Bag from event...
    Arjune wrote: »
    So long as there isn't any way to 'free' repair accessories like you can with x9 repair cost weapons (I haven't really looked into this at all, dunno if there is) I suppose they're more-or-less balanced(?)

bHL0TMO.jpg
    RRRRRRRRRRIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppp.

Howdja even get that many?! I thought they were only from those uber packs. : o
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Every year, there's two gachas that never fail to make me happy: the Halloween Gacha, and the Christmas Gacha. But do you think the Halloween Gacha will deliver this year? Or will it be a huge disappointment? I'm hoping for accessories, nice clothes, and something new.

How about we wait for the two current limited-event ones to finish before we even consider another one?

Seriously. At this point, everyone's only going to spend a week on a Gacha cause a new one will come out the next week.
    JazmynSherri
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I wouldn't mind new outfits, but I really hope for new Homestead stuff! Maybe a Halloween Feast Homestead item like how we have the Homestead Christmas Party. Or maybe giant bowls of Halloween themed candy. I do hope we also get back those nice cobblestones.

Oh, but we can get new chairs too! Never enough chairs.

Then again, it would be cool if we got some of these things in a Halloween event too. :)

• EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    I wouldn't mind new outfits, but I really hope for new Homestead stuff! Maybe a Halloween Feast Homestead item like how we have the Homestead Christmas Party. Or maybe giant bowls of Halloween themed candy. I do hope we also get back those nice cobblestones.

Oh, but we can get new chairs too! Never enough chairs.

Then again, it would be cool if we got some of these things in a Halloween event too. :)
    https://luoqi.tiancity.com/homepage/article/2018/09/19/55736.html

CN's got some new outfits and chairs that are devil-themed, so I guess that could work for this year's Halloween gacha!

201809191713.jpg
    201809191712.jpg
    201809191716.jpg
    201809191714.jpg
    201809191715.jpg
    JazmynBronzebreakSherri
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited September 27, 2018

They're tradeable. I think I bought 80 or 90 from other players during the sale. Amazing items when you consider how expensive some weapons are to repair. When they were on sale you could buy like 50 for 10m at 200k each and use them to save repair costs by around 200m on something like crks with 56 and 48 floor enchants.

@Emeris I've seen that gacha, I hope that's not going to end up being the halloween one. I guess it would save me from having to buy anything from another gacha I guess.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak

They're tradeable. I think I bought 80 or 90 from other players during the sale. Amazing items when you consider how expensive some weapons are to repair. When they were on sale you could buy like 50 for 10m at 200k each and use them to save repair costs by around 200m on something like crks with 56 and 48 floor enchants.

@Emeris I've seen that gacha, I hope that's not going to end up being the halloween one. I guess it would save me from having to buy anything from another gacha I guess.

Yeah I kinda figured that was the answer, but was hoping otherwise lol. One source is selling one at a time for 800k ea on Alexina, and I don't currently have anything that warrants paying that much.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Yeah I kinda figured that was the answer, but was hoping otherwise lol. One source is selling one at a time for 800k ea on Alexina, and I don't currently have anything that warrants paying that much.

Good lord, that's completely ridiculous. Wouldn't it be better just to.. -looks up at the quote chain- .. who the heck would pay over 200m on a sword?!
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    The holiday gachas are always cute but the drop rates are pretty abysmal. I would like a fun event in which one can obtain interesting items. Like, a fun festive interactive event with bats and pumpkin themes. Not just a gacha and maybe an idle event or a "give me 5 wheat and earn a coin" event. Or if it is interactive it will be ridiculously competitive so most ppl can hardly get anything.

I just really like pumpkins. I complain a lot but if there's something super cute and pumpkin related I'll probably buy some gachas. And then cry because I don't get anything XD
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    How about a good event too?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I propose an event where there is a planned big feast and players must deliver crops and other ingredients half-way round the world on time for the feast. No pet mounts, no moongate/mana tunnel, no warp.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak

Good lord, that's completely ridiculous. Wouldn't it be better just to.. -looks up at the quote chain- .. who the heck would pay over 200m on a sword?!

Haunted Creepy Accessories can cost up to 1m a point if you repair at 100%, and CRKs can be ~350k a point (at 100%, again). That means that on a pair of CRKs from 0 dura to max (with BSing bonuses), it'd cost about 14m.

I imagine that the comment was a bit of a hyperbole, but I mean if you could realistically repair a pair of swords 14+ times in the timeframe since the ESs originally came out.
    Sherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited September 27, 2018

he's probably meaning that he spent 10 mil to cover 200m worth of fees over time. enchants make fees high but they are worth it for the dmg output

Sherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

he's probably meaning that he spent 10 mil to cover 200m worth of fees over time. enchants make fees high but they are worth it for the dmg output

Unless it's a bow, bow enchants are terrible. Paying x fees for less than 10 max...
    Sherri
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited September 28, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Unless it's a bow, bow enchants are terrible. Paying x fees for less than 10 max...

Just use the uncontested best Max Damage enchants like all others.

Not that I'm disagreeing, but at least the 1h ESs are aight.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

The best bow enchants you can get is Contradiction *It's phantasm only, it's rare af so not sure if I'd even count it* which gives a whooping 5 more max than a max roll wanderer for 3x repair fee, same thing as sniping. Potentially 5 more max assuming best roll for 7x fee. Assuming you max roll a nobility compared to lion hunter you get again, 5 more max.

Is 10 max really worth 6-8x repair fee? No it really isn't unless you're that obsessed with 10 damage.

Compare it to 2h enchants that get +3 pierce and like 60 max for the 8x that's worth.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited September 28, 2018

The best bow enchants you can get is Contradiction *It's phantasm only, it's rare af so not sure if I'd even count it* which gives a whooping 5 more max than a max roll wanderer for 3x repair fee, same thing as sniping. Potentially 5 more max assuming best roll for 7x fee. Assuming you max roll a nobility compared to lion hunter you get again, 5 more max.

Is 10 max really worth 6-8x repair fee? No it really isn't unless you're that obsessed with 10 damage.

Compare it to 2h enchants that get +3 pierce and like 60 max for the 8x that's worth.

Clashing/Meteroid are locked behind paywalls that make them currently no longer obtainable, which makes them arguably more LE than Phantasm, until/if they're re-released. Conqueror Girgashiy both add significant damage, but do not offer Piercing (innate on all bows).
    Traditionally, melee weapon trump their equivalent ranged weapons' Attack stats, but that does not prevent the latter from being powerful in its own regard.

That being said, FH is meta, the newer ESs specify 1h Melee (which means that there could be 1h Ranged in the future), and Enchant/Archery has already been called out as needing a rework by quite a few people.

Once again, I'm not disagreeing (as you are factually correct) ad of course repair/max damage 'worth' are arbitrary but I believe that there's a reason for the dissonance. In any case, I do agree that melee tends to be more efficient (speaking strictly as a Human).

Until someone gets a S+ grade Clashing Meteroid Soluna Blade with L20 CM Max/SM Max/Smash Max, there will always be comparable alternatives.

If I had a limited supply of Perfect Free Repair Kits, I can tell you that I would rather use them on Accs/Divine Bastards than Archery, but once again I'm biased since I'm a Human.