Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Currency to earn in game towards Gacha

LastSaturdayLastSaturday
Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
edited October 4, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
So I see a lot of Gacha fatigue or just hate.
So
Idea 1:
Why not make a daily mission that awards some type of item that after you collect 10 or so you can pull once? I don't want these missions to be like "Clear 3 lord missions and then give EJ page 3 to Lorna" but make them just doing 3-5 part time jobs or something simple
It's a bit mobile but can satiate some people

Idea 2:
Add a gacha as a weekly log in reward for VIPs or maybe a 3 pull for purchase/renewal of VIP and 10 for purchase of the 3 month VIP
Negumiko
  1. Which Idea do you like the best18 votes
    1. Idea 1
       33% (6 votes)
    2. Idea 2
       22% (4 votes)
    3. I like all of them
       44% (8 votes)

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    So you want "a daily mission" that is simple, like a part time job, that rewards us with special currency used to buy neat things.

We already have that. It's the adventurer shop and daily quests.
    BronzebreakLeinei
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    this could be a nice idea to make the gacha situation a little better for players. the mmo Closers will give a free gacha in a log in event or let players craft one once in a while by playing a event. this usually adds up to 3 free gacha rolls a month sometimes. while most of the time you will not get something very useful anyway it is still nice to have and encourages some players to work harder for them. this kind of system works and the players are grateful for it so I can see it helping a game like mabi as well.

only time I have seen mabinogi give out free gacha is during live streams which only happen every 2 or 3 months these days. almost all the new and good items are behind a paywall and we don't see many outfit bags in the shop anymore. the only time mabi did offer free items from a gacha was during the Wishbone Exchange Event when the tail gacha was around. however it was impossible to get enough wishbones for free to even come close to getting enough wishbones for a gacha item. some players may actually enjoy the game more if the cash shop was not such a horrible money draining ripoff. if we had updated VIP worth paying for, the return of outfit bags more often, and a way to obtain a free gacha roll once in a while then mabi might actually make more money.
    LastSaturday
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited October 8, 2018
    It sounds a lot like what mobile games offer, and I fear that even with limits, people would just manipulate it.
    I'd rather them slow down the gachas or actually introduce new items/have sales of gachas with more buffer time in between.
    YangKoeteAsuriel
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    edited October 17, 2018
    While the seal shop is a thing, it doesn't offer past items from gachas or events.
    I could see this idea going one of two ways. People actually using it for themselves and then people spamming it on their alts.
    Maybe implement a level limit like they do with a lot of the game.
    "Must be lvl 30 to do this event" or the whole "Must be 1k+ total to unlock this part of the game". Preferably the latter as long time players who would be interested in this are past 1k total. Would give people the incentive to level up and do training as well.
    But, I'd like to see past event and past gacha items. From tails to wings to wigs and clothes.

Edited to add excess detail
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    Miruha wrote: »
    While the seal shop is a thing, it doesn't offer past items from gachas or events.
    I could see this idea going one of two ways. People actually using it for themselves and then people spamming it on their alts.
    "Must be lvl 30 to do this event" or the whole "Must be 1k+ total to unlock this part of the game". Preferably the latter as long time players who would be interested in this are past 1k total. Would give people the incentive to level up and do training as well.
    But, I'd like to see past event and past gacha items. From tails to wings to wigs and clothes.

Or just add it as a Main only thing?
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Miruha wrote: »

What's the point of me ever purchasing gachas or doing old events, if I know I can always just get them later in the Uber-Store?

Limits the incentive for people to contribute and play, short of farming stuff for just that one shop.