Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Event Suggestion: Make use of Festia

GiegueGiegue
Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
edited November 3, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Festia is neat and very unfortunate addition to Mabinogi, locked behind daily limitations that really sap the fun out of time spent with friends when we can play 5 rounds of darts and then have to wait until tomorrow. While I'm not opposed to the idea of limiting access to Festia as I understand why the Limit is in place, I really do think we should get more than 5 Tickets a day, but that's not why I'm making this thread.

Making content that isn't just an AFK event takes time n resources, but since Festia is a permanent attraction in Mabinogi, it shouldn't be too difficult to take advantage of the area for an event. And no, I don't mean another event like the Rose Event where they'd just stuck an NPC inside Festia and made you do a fetch quest, or make you vote on your husbando.

I mean, more opportunities to play, special rewards, incentive to play!
An event that actually gives players something to do even if it IS just Festia. I mean, with the right incentive, players will do anything.

The Event:
How do you give players a fair chance?:
Instead of 5 tickets a day, give us 30. Just for the event!Yes, let Alts participate. Let people play on their alts so they can help their friends across servers or increase their chances to win what they want if they're a dedicated player. Want to reduce the likelihood of abuse? Put a 7 day Timer on the Tickets. Make them special, event only tickets. Unlike other events, this will require player participation, so players can't just log in and log out with a mountain of event spamming alts.

Avoid consecutive attendance based rewards and afk timers:
Dearest NexonNA, that thing you're doing with the consecutive log-ins? Please stop it. Not everyone has the free time to log into the MMO like that, it really barricades players who don't have a lot of free time.

The Incentive:
Participating in Attractions gives you some special MacGuffin. Attractions that require more than 1 person give you more of the MacGuffin. Incentive to play together. All you have to do is participate. For example: Clobbermeister and Crystal Defender gives you 1 MacGuffin. But, attractions that require a minimum of two players gives you 2 Macguffins each, and attractions that require a minimum of 3 players gives you 4 MacGuffins each!

What are the MacGuffins for?:
These MacGuffins can be exchanged for the usual event garbage.
Eg. An obligatory cheap box to gamble for the best rewards for say... 3 Medals each? Thats 10 boxes if you spam crystal defender on 30 free Tickets, per day. Not bad, right?
For 2 Medals each, additional Festia Tickets. I mean, why not? If people prefer to play more, let em! Festia itself has its own rewards that it offers.
And, I haven't put much thought into bigger rewards, but I'm sure there are certain things players want like... a Free Pet, AP potions, Training Potions, THAT BAG THAT DOESNT EXIST, Cosmetics exclusive to the event, Etc.
Not unlike that beach event. That was a nice event. The AP was delicious.

I've made this suggestion because creating new content takes time and resources, this event uses content already live and ready in the game. it's an active event that gives players something to engage with and promotes community, instead of focusing on AFKing.
I also think, that although it's a bit late to suggest it, this event would have made a pretty nice holiday celebration event.
BronzebreakPankooda
  1. Obligatory Poll: Would you participate in this event?9 votes
    1. Yes, I like Festia and I want good rewards.
       67% (6 votes)
    2. Yes, I don't like Festia, but if the rewards are good I'll play.
       22% (2 votes)
    3. No, I don't like Festia, it wouldn't be worth the rewards.
       0% (0 votes)
    4. No, I prefer events to not interfere with my gameplay, or lack of. (Which is fine.)
       11% (1 vote)
    5. Obligatory: "I don't care" option that'll be ignored as you make a redundant post below.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    This current Lorraine event was the perfect opportunity to use the existing Lorraine's Nightmare attraction in Festia. Why did they make a totally separate nightmare mini-game?
    JazmynGiegue
  • GiegueGiegue
    The seperate nightmare mini-game was actually the original version of the Event. It's probably something to do with how rewards are given out. But I do agree with you, why wouldn't they just update the event and use Festia instead.
    Leinei
  • MinniieMinniie
    Mabinogi Rep: 845
    I don't use Festia much at all, but I think some more hands-on events would change that for me. I don't necessarily mind the afk events but they certainly don't make me excited to play, so they don't make me very likely to stick around the game after the event is over. At this point player retention is super important and I personally don't think afk events are the way to do that. It might get people logging in but it's not gonna get them excited to continue playing.

As for fetch quest events I personally hardly ever participate in them if there isn't another layer to them or a reward that I really really really want but don't think I can buy. I don't want to feel like I'm logging in to do my daily chores.
    JazmynTHICCthighssavelives
  • GiegueGiegue
    Minniie wrote: »
    I don't use Festia much at all, but I think some more hands-on events would change that for me. I don't necessarily mind the afk events but they certainly don't make me excited to play, so they don't make me very likely to stick around the game after the event is over. At this point player retention is super important and I personally don't think afk events are the way to do that. It might get people logging in but it's not gonna get them excited to continue playing.

As for fetch quest events I personally hardly ever participate in them if there isn't another layer to them or a reward that I really really really want but don't think I can buy. I don't want to feel like I'm logging in to do my daily chores.

I absolutely agree with the part that i've bolded and it's why I'm pushing for more interactive events that let you "play" the game instead of just logging in.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Make Festia Great Again!
    Continue making repeated calls to make the events of Festia fun and make the community active!
    THICCthighssavelives