Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

There's something serious to talk about...

RoyRedRoyRed
Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
edited November 18, 2018 in General Chat
Dear players of Erinn, this is Royred from Alexina server, there's something that should NOT stand for this level of madness for this MMO or Nexon's other MMOs or all of the MMOs, this type of behavior from any players&I don't care about there gender, skin color&nationality if they don't act a mature person if are over age of 13 ,then they are victimizing players, then you yourselves should NOT IGNORE them 1 bit&you forget about giving them a warning to anyone for this&there will be no PITY no matter what reason, today for me in a personal feeling, I just got a call from my young cousin(don't ask for my cousin's gender or some sort)that was upset that someone from the MMO we all in got harassed by a male player which I don't want to type here for Nexon forum policy, so my young cousin just got on their female avatar for the Tara Banquet to hang out with a coupon but there's that male player demanding my young cousin to go to his homestead for "disturbing" actions&making my young cousin type "disturbing" words,then my young cousin just gave up the coupon&go to his private demands, that kind of actions right there make me feel very shameful for that player,so if you ever once a victim yourselves, then you don't pass it to others; that will makes you equel of shame what I am discusing. Oh, there's something that I forgot to add, that player will play the blame game to my young cousin did not do. Also 1 more thing, no one&I mean no one makes my family or others feel miserable or there will be judgment of karma; no matter how many times they get away with it.

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    So use common sense when it comes to the public. Got it.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    One sentence paragraph. Nice.
    Bronzebreak
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Screencapture the chat if this occurs again and make sure your cousin blacklists them. If harassments are continued to be made via notes, screencapture those as well and send in a player complaint to the Customer Support. Could try making one now so they can have it on file, but if there is no evidence, their hands may be tied.
    pawcalypse
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I had to re-read this 3 times to understand it. Try to type slower and think about what you're typing otherwise it will be hard for others to understand.
    You should just ignore/blacklist them, the blacklist feature exists for this reason. I'm curious how you know this player was male, female players can also type. Personally I've never had this happen to my female characters, only my male ones.
    NeroyGaby5011Goldtiger01pawcalypseLunatoMercurykapapa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 18, 2018
    I will never understand when people waste their time dealing with bullies in MMO's. Ignoring and blacklisting is a thing you can do in there. Is it really that hard to pretend that you don't see them and just brush off what are they saying? If a guy is just inviting you to go in their Homestead to do dirty stuff then that's extremely easy to take care of.
    In the other hard, some people had experienced (including me) bullying in social media by certain Mabinogi groups (like in Facebook), people get name shamed for silly reasons like for saying or doing something dumb or just random call outs because someone disagrees with them. I was literally bullied for over a week, just because I was called out in Dunbarton in a very rude manner out of blue and also they shamed the guild I was in that time, so I tried to defend myself and the guild. Then, without any proof or reason, they went in to post about me and make me the bad one in there, defaming in front of my friends and acquaintances... I said to stop bullying me and stuff, but they continued to make even more embarrassing posts about me, making fun of me asking to stop cyber-bullying me and begging to take down these posts. Some people were supportive, so I felt way better later. After all this, I decided to become silent and/or passive whenever an unknown person approaches me and tries to get my attention. If the person gives me suspicion or just bad vibes, then I just avoid them and stay quiet.
    This same group also had a guy who tried to make fun of my friend who was suicidal and got in hospital because of it, I don't know how he found out since my friend only said that to their closest friends and family, but I guess his public post in Facebook got leaked somewhere. Thankfully, a lot of people were upset at what he said and the post was taken down within hour or so. Many of us reported this certain group in Facebook for cyber-bullying, harassment, etc., but Facebook doesn't find anything "wrong" with it.
    So yeah... Like I said, it' easy to deal with harassment in MMO's, especially when you have many places to run off to and such. But when it happens in social medias, then it's way harder to ignore that, because anyone can see it. Your cousin should have just taken a screenshot as a proof and just make a report in Nexon Support. Pretty sure the person would have been punished, especially since you said that the said person used profanity and such.
    pawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Ignoring them seems like a genuinely good idea, if not the best.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Players like these are disgusting. Nexon should rework the noting system so that even blacklisted players can't even send a note to you Let alone even see you too.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 18, 2018
    This thread was unnecessary, just report them for harassment by submitting a ticket under support. At best they may be banned for a couple days and that will send the player the right message to cease and desist.

Also for the love the goddess, pay attention to your teachers in school. smh.

49eb6e2ffb238f57e279f267dd64151a.jpeg
    Bronzebreak
    jjeremy wrote: »
    I had to re-read this 3 times to understand it. Try to type slower and think about what you're typing otherwise it will be hard for others to understand.
    You should just ignore/blacklist them, the blacklist feature exists for this reason. I'm curious how you know this player was male, female players can also type. Personally I've never had this happen to my female characters, only my male ones.

I think the issue here is that another player was soliciting a much younger player for sexual activities against their will. To which I think it is advised that the younger cousin best be taught how to deal with this in terms of blacklisting and such, and be taught how to report players.

Honestly, it is one thing to go after an adult. Adults should be able to handle themselves, at least. It is downright deplorable to go after children.
    Imaizumi
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065

I think the issue here is that another player was soliciting a much younger player for sexual activities against their will. To which I think it is advised that the younger cousin best be taught how to deal with this in terms of blacklisting and such, and be taught how to report players.

Honestly, it is one thing to go after an adult. Adults should be able to handle themselves, at least. It is downright deplorable to go after children.

Plus this game is not so very kid friendly, id rate this game as 13 and up :3
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 18, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    This thread was unnecessary, just report them for harassment by submitting a ticket under support. At best they may be banned for a couple days and that will send the player the right message to cease and desist.

49eb6e2ffb238f57e279f267dd64151a.jpeg

Let them vent. Not many may want to hear someone complain but it is really disturbing to have this kind of experience, especially to someone they know. People can always choose to ignore but sometimes it's good to get input from others to prevent more of these kinds of scenarios to happen to anyone else, hopefully.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    What if the "male" player was younger than your cousin?
  • RoyRedRoyRed

Well, even that player is younger or older it doesn't matter, no one would feel upset about this kind of actions.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400

Then they still need to be punished to show them that it is wrong. I can certainly imagine a child trolling in this way.
    Back in my days we didn't let children on the internet without explaining to them what to in these situations. If they didn't understand then they weren't allowed online. What is wrong with parents these days? Maybe they should have classes that cover this stuff in school.
    WolfandWolfImaizumiBlissfulkillpawcalypse
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

Then they still need to be punished to show them that it is wrong. I can certainly imagine a child trolling in this way.
    Back in my days we didn't let children on the internet without explaining to them what to in these situations. If they didn't understand then they weren't allowed online. What is wrong with parents these days? Maybe they should have classes that cover this stuff in school.

Any unsolicited advances like that is wrong, it doesn't matter what the ages they are. jjeremy is right; people need to teach their children how to treat other people with respect and not act like scum in public places.
    pawcalypse
  • KaruMaruKaruMaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    I hate to be that one guy to say this but unfortunately there will always be people like that(disgusting, sad and such i know). You can teach them but if they don't go with what they are taught, then there isn't much you can do about it. Teaching and getting a child to understand the dangers online is easy yes but it's up to them to take and use what they learned. The same can be said with adults though they should be fully aware of what they are doing and if it's right or wrong. The best thing we can do is block/blacklist and report the player as well as make others aware. I honestly don't think even if they get punished that it will get them to understand what they did was wrong as a good majority don't care. I do hope the person doesn't bother your cousin anymore though.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 19, 2018
    pawcalypse wrote: »

Let them vent. Not many may want to hear someone complain but it is really disturbing to have this kind of experience, especially to someone they know. People can always choose to ignore but sometimes it's good to get input from others to prevent more of these kinds of scenarios to happen to anyone else, hopefully.

Eh technically this is a legit thread, no names were mentioned. But I just don't like these kind of personal threads out in the open. They are borderline not about mabinogi. It's been pointed out that it would just be better to report the player rather than posting this thread which could gain attention from the other parties. I've seen it happen before and while it makes that person stupid for posting in such threads...it's just potential drama we don't need.
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    pawcalypse wrote: »

Eh technically this is a legit thread, no names were mentioned. But I just don't like these kind of personal threads out in the open. They are borderline not about mabinogi. It's been pointed out that it would just be better to report the player rather than posting this thread which could gain attention from the other parties. I've seen it happen before and while it makes that person stupid for posting in such threads...it's just potential drama we don't need.

Well if I mentioned a player here at this post, then Nexon GM is going to remove this post like I am pointing fingers on that player for no reason just like I read a past history post of the forums when someone is going to type a player to the forums&they got there post remove of some sort of manner.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Use wit, not fists to defeat bullies. And blacklist/ignoring tend to be efficient.
    Use wit, not fists to defeat bullies. And blacklist/ignoring tend to be efficient.

I agree, though Nexon needs to improve the blacklist function. Messaging shouldn't be allowed, first and foremost.