Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Music and Composition Overhaul

SebasteannSebasteann
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited January 16, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
With the addition of the piano and harp, albeit quite a while ago, 3 tracks and a total of about 2400 characters is no where near enough to compose extraordinary songs. You could potentially hit a total of 10 notes, one per finger (including thumbs), on a piano in reality. I believe most every other composer would agree with me. I've gotten into Maplestory 2 solely because the music composition it has is vastly superior, and would basically like to see that system as a overhauled composition system in Mabinogi. 10,000 characters that can be used as we please across a number of tracks up to 10 would be phenomenal. Also a snare drum that actually sounds like a snare drum would be nice.
  1. Would this change be something you would like to see?12 votes
    1. yes
       92% (11 votes)
    2. no
       8% (1 vote)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Having more voices per character would not be unwelcome. As for number of voices available to a single jamming party though that might have a hard limit; I'm not sure. I had mentioned earlier that Mastering and Dans should be added to the composition skill to improve the data per scroll. And plenty of folks have complained about the end chest drop rates in the music dungeon. In this case the items of interest being those song book thingies that let you combine scrolls in series.

With respect to the snare drum, for now you can fake a pretty decent snare drum with rasping chains engaged using small drum with cymbals. The trick is to get the note length on the cymbals right, but it makes an acceptable facsimile. I would suggest to Nexon that since o2d+ or o2e- plays a gong or deeper drum for cymbals and big drum respectively, maybe they could just edit the small drum data file so that this note is the snare with rasping chains engaged.
    skpkionPrezzixTHICCthighssavelives
  • SebasteannSebasteann
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited January 31, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    And plenty of folks have complained about the end chest drop rates in the music dungeon. In this case the items of interest being those song book thingies that let you combine scrolls in series.

The books work alright for extending the score, I would assume, been to afraid to use and waste the ones I have already. Would be easier just to be able to dan comp and extend the data that way, but they already have basically the entire system I'm talking about in existence in MS2. Just need to port it over. The main thing i want to see is more tracks though. Maybe not in jam session, although it would be nice not to have to divide piano parts into 2 pieces and then having to find another person with a piano.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I'm always up for music updates.
    THICCthighssavelives