Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Being an honest player doesn't pays anymore?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Meri wrote: »
    Actually, it sounds exactly like several people are intimating that they aren't getting the top prizes because others are using alt accounts.

And if they don't think that it's alt account abusers winning, then why even bother bringing it up if it's not the case? Hey, let's complain about something that isn't happening just in case it happens? Sounds ridiculous.

We are stating that, yet this doesn't necessarily preclude the belief that every person who has won a tail is using alternate accounts. Merely that this is an issue that is seen in Alexina, due to a few unscrupulous players. Of course, this is all conjecture, but due to the potential for abuse ,a motive for doing so, and a sense of impunity, it is sensible to believe that out of hundreds of players competing for so few prizes, some will cheat.

Zeo
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    So you guys *are* complaining about something that might happen, just in case it does?

"Doesn't preclude the belief . . . " so it's the belief that every person who won a tail is using alternate accounts? (Or did you use the wrong words?) . . .

I'm scratching my head.

I'll admit that it's reasonable to assume that some people are using alt accounts to spin at the gumball machine. However, it's unreasonable to assume that the winners of the top two prizes are a bunch of cheaters.

What I'm hearing is a bunch of salt because you (i.e., the complainers) didn't personally win a tail and assume it's because the ones who did cheated, so you want nexon to give everyone a tail.

What exactly do you expect them to do about some people using alts?

IP blocks? Well then what about people who live in the same house and all play mabi?

How about some spyware on your computer so they know how many accounts use that one? Oh wait. Some people share computers.

So what's your fair solution?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 27, 2019
    Meri wrote: »
    So you guys *are* complaining about something that might happen, just in case it does?

"Doesn't preclude the belief . . . " so it's the belief that every person who won a tail is using alternate accounts? (Or did you use the wrong words?) . . .

I'm scratching my head.

I'll admit that it's reasonable to assume that some people are using alt accounts to spin at the gumball machine. However, it's unreasonable to assume that the winners of the top two prizes are a bunch of cheaters.

What I'm hearing is a bunch of salt because you (i.e., the complainers) didn't personally win a tail and assume it's because the ones who did cheated, so you want nexon to give everyone a tail.

What exactly do you expect them to do about some people using alts?

IP blocks? Well then what about people who live in the same house and all play mabi?

How about some spyware on your computer so they know how many accounts use that one? Oh wait. Some people share computers.

So what's your fair solution?

I either got confuses or was using it incorrectly the entire time, so thank you (like the Pre- Prefix). What I meant to say was that while could vouch in the veracity of a general belief while exercising mindfulness by not applying it to individuals.

Ex. One could state that poverty affects the black community much more than any other minority, yet knows that it is irrational to assume every black is living in squalor. Neither belief necessarily contradicts the other.

To which I and many others don't believe everyone who has won a tail is cheating; however, the opportunity for abuse is high, and on a server like Alexina, practically unavoidable. You are correct, in that we surely do not know the extent of these damages, hence why I think an investigation is for the best, and not the indictment of a lynch mob.

I apologize if anyone has accused you. It is unfair to assume in many cases, after all.

That, and I find your "suggestions" preposterous for two rather implied reasons.
    -The idea that innocent people would be banned would be a reason to not exercise any caution nor any punitive action. Sometimes, people get screwed over. No system is perfect.

-That Nexon can't already exercise incredibly invasive actions inside Mabinogi in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if Nexon Gamemasters can monitor mailbox transactions or even chat logs.

My fair solution? I have a few suggestions.
    -Take out checks and gold. The inflation is harmful, and doubly so if it goes to the same individuals. This is the most unnecessarily problematic issue of the event

-Some basic level checks would be great.

-Have server prizes scale with the server's population on average.

-Have prizes be untradeable.

-Have people earn coins through daily missions.

-Take out the limit, and set it to be a rather rare item, or be purchasable in shops.

One of the best ways to prevent this is to simply take out the impetus to exploit in the first place. Simply giving out Wolf Tails would nullify the demand and crash the price, yet there are a number of ways to take out the motivation for alternate account users.

So forgive me for saying this, but Hardmuscle is correct; we ought to blame Nexon for not exercising a modicum of common sense for whatever reason they forgot to implement basic measures against exploitation, as well as making a poor event overall.
    Zeo[Deleted User]Vaughan
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Yes. The anger should lie on the designer

Well then I guess we're just gonna disagree.

Zeo