Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Close This Thread, My Bad For It

DragoolfireDragoolfire
Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
edited January 26, 2019 in General Chat
Sorry for this rant but, I HATE HOW EVERYONE AND THEIR ALTS CAN HAVE THEIR OWN GUILD. It is SO stupid. Seriously there NEEDS to be a limit to how many guilds there are per server.
Muaa

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    And another thing on my rant. The fact that if I want to talk to people, who are on, they want me to download some third party app, just to talk to them. I mean, seriously?! YOUR ON THIS GAME, JUST TALK ON IT!!!
    Muaaskpkion
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Making and leading guilds is part of paid VIP service. You can hardly sell someone service and then tell them they were too slow or joined the game too late to use part of what they paid for. Also, I'm not sure I've ever seen another game with a limit on player guilds; that's just stifling the playerbase to begin with.

I highly doubt random strangers are telling you to download Discord to talk to them, but usage of voice chat within established groups is pretty common, yes.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Well, they do have the right to do so. They pay for guild service, or even just once to make a guild, why should they lose it just because they want to use it just for alts?

They also can choose to talk on a third party app, some find it easier, some might be doing something else, or some might want to voice chat.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    edited January 26, 2019
    I understand they have the right to make a million guilds, but that make a billion empty guilds. Where is the point to that?
    Muaa
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    At the very least, make an alliance chat or something so empty guilds can talk to each other.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    edited January 26, 2019
    Mabinogi's guild system is already severely limited compared to most modern MMOs. Not only it's exclusive to a paid service, but to have active recruitment you need a guild stone placed, and there's a limit to how many guild stones can be placed and in very specific areas on each map.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    so is this about peoples alts having guilds or making different guilds have a way to contact each other in game?
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    There is no need or a server to have 140 guilds with 1 person in it.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    edited January 26, 2019
    Veylaine wrote: »
    so is this about peoples alts having guilds or making different guilds have a way to contact each other in game?

Both, but I am just ranting because I am.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    There is no need or a server to have 140 guilds with 1 person in it.

There may be no need but there's even less reason not to let them since they have to pay for it anyway.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    I am just going to moan and groan because every time I find a nice guild, people leave and it dies out.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Having more guilds doesn't degrade the game. It's not like more guilds mean more lag, or that there is a limit in how many can exist. Well technically, due to the limited number of names possible and the requirement that each guild name be unique across all servers, there is, but still. I hadn't realized that a single account can own multiple guilds? In the past this could've meant that a single person could own all four castles, which would be kind of unfair, but as I understand it that is being phased out anyway. Indeed with the auction house, the housing market on Alexina, for example, has shrunk from over 200 pages to around 30. I'm guessing the reason now to own more than one guild is for the gold storage, but is it not the case that a single guild stone has unlimited storage of gold anyway?

In your own case, what server are you on and what are you looking for in a guild?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 26, 2019
    I understand they have the right to make a million guilds, but that make a billion empty guilds. Where is the point to that?

And how does it significantly affect you? From my view, what they do is their business. We shouldn't be in the business of making people social, but merely providing incentives at the most. Social individuals will coalesce anyway.
    And another thing on my rant. The fact that if I want to talk to people, who are on, they want me to download some third party app, just to talk to them. I mean, seriously?! YOUR ON THIS GAME, JUST TALK ON IT!!!

Discord is simply more effective. It has far more functionality (Images, link sharing, Mobile Access, Private MEssages etc.), and doesn't require individuals to actually log onto the game, which provides a means to chat with guild members outside Mabinogi. You may be asking what is the point, and it is simply this: It is easier to get to know people when you can chat with them on the go, and not always about Mabinogi topics, in an application dedicated to facilitating communication.

In other words, just buy a phone or find a guild that does not use it. Discord is a much better place to vent anyway, versus the public forums where you are just adding vitriolic detritus to sift through. We can't all make vent threads, you know.
    Greta
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    I'm on *** and what I am looking for is more people to be in a smaller amount of guilds, so I don't keep losing friends who run off to other guilds because there are so many. Ugh, never mind this post.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I'm on *** and what I am looking for is more people to be in a smaller amount of guilds, so I don't keep losing friends who run off to other guilds because there are so many. Ugh, never mind this post.

It is preposterous to think that these "Alternate" guilds are attracting your friends, due to their complete lack of activity (Some people just establish such guilds to block out guild invites) as it is to think that forbidding such guilds would turn these introverts into extroverts.
  • ZuomoZuomo

I don't see why people leaving guilds and joining new one makes you lose friends. You can still chat and do stuff
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

ROFL.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 26, 2019
    Just be a solonogist?
    It'll cure the social blues.

:3
    Kensamaofmari
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 26, 2019
    Not exactly . .

When I formed personal guilds, it was to avoid people like you who just right-click people out of nowhere and had no intentions of actually introducing onself.

Me join a guild whose recruiter'll leave a big popup but won't even say hi to me, HAH!.

- - - - - - - - - -
    I do agree on chat apps though. It's such a chore to have to manage separate apps xD
    Especially when they want to use KIK, which is phone exclusive. It's like every amateur programmer in existence wants you to use their dirty-crashy hacks
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    It's called a journal, go invest in one. Then you can cry about stupid stuff in there and not bother anyone.
This discussion has been closed.