Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bots are swarming Blaanid now openly

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited February 17, 2019 in General Chat
iwrNGuC.jpg

It didn't take long, but now people have bots moving autonomously to get to blaanid.

They seem to arrive in groups of 4 or 5 at a time, every 10 minutes there's more bots.
GretaKensamaofmariImaizumiWalkerr

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Good job. It was expected.
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 17, 2019
    I said this was gonna happen before we even got the update. NA is gonna have to raise the level requirement for Nx items to 6000 or something.
    Kensamaofmari
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    I don't know why everything is a "bot" on these forums when clearly theres nothing automated happening as evident by them not stacking up in the same spot in an automated fashion, it's just players running clients on multiple computers to abuse events. Seems like needless spreading of fear uncertainty and doubt when the explaination is obvious and the real issue with event abuse isn't being addressed.
    Faithrend
  • OdinMOdinM
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Doesn't look like bots to me. Looks like people using blaanid to level up their mules so they can take said mules into harder difficulty missions. If they were bots they would all be standing in the same place instead of scattered about like that.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited February 17, 2019
    Not even spam bots stand in the same place. Having watched them, they had very similar walking patterns, having ran and stopped in the same general locations with very little deviation.

Also I highly doubt it was multiple computers, someone is clearly using the multiclient mod from that old mod forum again en masse to auto farm event rewards or gold farm.

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I don't know, some of those names sure are botish.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Lutetium wrote: »
    I don't know why everything is a "bot" on these forums when clearly theres nothing automated happening as evident by them not stacking up in the same spot in an automated fashion, it's just players running clients on multiple computers to abuse events. Seems like needless spreading of fear uncertainty and doubt when the explaination is obvious and the real issue with event abuse isn't being addressed.

Because bot is just easier to say, and it's not FUD.
    Gaea wrote: »

Because bot is just easier to say, and it's not FUD.

Bots will now be called mechas.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

Yeah, this isn't FUD. It's people working the system. Iirc, the requirement for certain items from the NX shop was raised and people who run suspicious shops (which the raised level was set to combat) are possibly coming back in force to try and make a profit.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    And I know for a fact people that some people script and multiclient. I don't even know if Nexon is even trying to detect this crap anymore lol.
    And I know for a fact people that some people script and multiclient. I don't even know if Nexon is even trying to detect this crap anymore lol.

They got rid of commerce and farm bots. What more do ye want? xD
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    People working in sweat shops =/= bots
    Maia wrote: »

Like a Robot CPA?
    5c587b14dde8677b13763023-750-375.jpg
    Veylaine
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

True story in china.

True story in china.

SE Asia and S Asia are the sweatshop destinations now. In China sweatshops trying to get as much as they can done before the govt gets on them.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

True story in china.

SE Asia and S Asia are the sweatshop destinations now. In China sweatshops trying to get as much as they can done before the govt gets on them.

And then they make a new shop elsewhere, and then more bots, and the cycle continues!
  • WalkerrWalkerr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I'll probably only post on these forums after this my recent thread just recently closed off due to inactivity (by barely one month of the last post, but that's aside the point) just for this once since I used to aid my server in dealing with bots, mainly the gold to cash ones that spam advertise as a hobby at one point for a year+, I don't recall how long it's been, of wiping out bots and dimming the activity they have going on which does work if I kept it consistent when I could.

Note: I only recommend this if you are able to verify it is a bot of the sort that goes under the violation of ToS, which going off Froglord's descriptions from posts I seen relating to bots before, it's a probable possibility from my own comparable experience when I did my hobby.

Aside from the blatant fact of needing to filing a Customer Support ticket towards the specific (or in what I used to do, individual catalog and remember each, crazy as it seems, each of their specific random spam typed username if possible, or just take a snip of it/photo to ensure visual confirmation of the frequent activity) bot/bots, I'd recommend in my personal standard of what I did, log all the snips/photo evidence of each occurring time you find that specific individual bot once, place all the photos (if you want to take the mantle of personal going on a crusade against bots like I did during my time) in a folder, and just always double check whenever the appearance of the bot in whatever location for their IGN to verify if it's been cataloged or not so you can reissue a reminder to the GMs in that department to get rid of it within a few days or less, factoring in their own work schedule of course (events, up-coming big patches/updates, that sort) since they have higher priorities sometimes then handling a neglected issue they had to deal with for years now. I also recommend probably if you plan on going the extra yards like I did, and make it a weekly submission then a daily if you want to take up the mantle like that so the GMs can wipe out the bunch in the chance they get to reviewing the ticket after submission.

Also just as a fun note cause it happens sometimes in the past, and what I also did absurdly too many times over the time I did my part-time hobby. You can always use judging this particular case of possible bots is in Dunbarton, you can train or just get some practice using Enthrall Performance to decimate the bots literally in-game added on to submitting a ticket to getting them wiped off the game, at least for that one specific bot. I recommend red spiders given it's unlikely the bots are rarely strong enough to handle a red spiders attack, and it's more convenient versus luring a bear that's lurking way more out in the distance. I would recommend the tactic to paired with Crisis Escape suitably to have a steady lure method after using up Enthrall's duration so you can load it up again without the instant aggro from having the skill stop. Fun side story, I did this to a certain up-coming gold bot website that was trying to station up in Dunbarton mostly on a certain day, the actual person monitoring the bot as it have it's macro text spam executing was getting irritated actually enough to respond to me as I murdered the bot multiple times. They even called what they were doing funny enough as a 'job'. Tragic times holmes.

Uhuh, ye, with all that laid out, I don't expect anyone to actually be at my standards unless you're willing to spare that much time to do just that to crusading the bots, but I do encourage everyone to help in anyway they can as listed, even if it's just taking the snip and sending it to the Customer Support section cause this is a issue that effects the game in ways more than just being visually a eyesore if you're idling in town, or passing by, or whatever the reason. I know this much given I was mainly doing this all alone when I spared time from my travels region to region in-game to pass by these filthy idle-player zones that scorch my eyes to decimate these bots to turn in my weekly report of the new or reoccurring bots to submit to the GM staff to clean up on, that nobody despite doing not much then idling/tabbing out, or whatever the case usually is when I have to see the same damn players for hours after making trips all around and back to just see them there still, that everyone, even the GMs can't do much if there's no cooperation on aiding a issue that's been lingering for years now. (Just like Rejuvenogi/Rejuvinogi? I don't remember the exact spelling for that event, but that last ditch public effort they tried to do to put awareness about the bot issues, but it fell flat and pointless then a title grabbing event cause nobody bothered to even acknowledging much of the reason it was issued as an event.) Last thing I got to really mention is, that this needs to be a consistent effort on everyone's part if you remotely are against this sort of issue persisting for this long, and are trying to help the issue in anyway you can, even if it's just putting the word out there, putting a 'Blocked' on these hooligans isn't going to stop the issue or just noticing it and then ignoring it cause you couldn't be ass'd to do something about it isn't going to do much.

That's about all I gotta say, lmao. Here's the link to the Customer Support section in case anybody doesn't remember how to get there - https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us

Good luck if anyone plans on aiding the effort for some duration, way, shape or form towards lessening at the least to this issue. Hopefully unlike last time I posted once a long while back on a thread of a similar bot related issue on the forum, this post won't get deleted for whatever reason so that somebody at least reads it by chance.

ADVENTURE ON HOLMES. YE BOI IS TAGGING OUT OF THE RING BROTHER, THE HULKSTER IS CALLING FOR ME IN THE RING OF RAW.
    starkiller1286Wolfsinger
    edited February 21, 2019

True story in china.

And then they make a new shop elsewhere, and then more bots, and the cycle continues!

That's life it the modern world. All about bots. They just come up with less antagonizing names and methods like AI.