Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Game kicks me out due to connection problem

YomboYombo
Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
edited March 30, 2019 in Technical Support
Ever since the last update, my laptop doesn't want to stay connected to the game. It says connection to the game terminated abnormally. It's been working just fine before. I've left it running 24/7 because of the doki doki island event and have it fishing over night and while at work. But lately it just kicks me. It happens randomly. It doesn't matter what account I use (I tried a few just to make sure). The laptop is running Windows 10, i3, 6gb ram, integrated graphics card. I noticed within the last year that the pop up message I usually got saying that my graphics card might not support the game and it might not work right has been gone. I run the game through the Nexon Launcher. The laptop uses WIFI. I cannot hard wire it because the ethernet port has been broken for years. I actually have two different internet right now and I've tried using them both, still happens.

It's making it really hard to just fish to get enough salon to complete the quests. Any thoughts?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Did windows or even your wifi drivers update recently? Do you live in a building where all your neighbors have wifi? Maybe one of them recently changed theirs and it's now causing interference. If so then changing the channel it uses should fix the problem. Sometimes a wifi router will glitch. Simply powering completely down and back on should reset it. There s also thhe possibilty that the problem s just with mabi (i know because certain events cause such a problem for me) and the only solution is to wait until the offending event causing the problem is over.
  • YomboYombo
    I believe there was some Windows Updates recently. As for wifi we live in a neighborhood on 1 acre lots so I don't see my neighbors wifi. Really the only thing that's changed is there was an update to Mabi, and yesterday there was a nexon launcher update, but I had the problem before then. I'd have to see when windows updates were. I suppose I could sign up for another steam account and try using it and see if that fixes it.
  • YomboYombo
    Now it doesn't even give me a message, it just kicks me out of the game.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Have you added your mabi directory as an exemption for your anti-virus? Sometimes after a a-v definition update it will treat mabi's anti-cheat security as if it was something unwanted or can triger the anti-cheat when checking on the game while it's running (causing it to shut the game down).