Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fomor Volcano Cylinder Pricing

BronzebreakBronzebreak
Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
edited April 5, 2019 in General Chat
It's ~10x as expensive as the Hurricane/Earthquake/Tidal Wave, and I'd imagine has been that way since launch.

So... why? Is Flame Alchemy really considered that much stronger than the others?

I see no other reddit posts, forum posts, wiki posts, or whatever, so I thought I'd ask.

While I'm at it, weren't personal avatars a thing that were being considered like 4 months ago when I left?

Comments

• SolesticeSolestice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Fire alch is alittle more versatile skill wise, with Linear AoE and single target. Volcano (Or Fomor for that matter) also increases it's fire alchemic attribute by 30%, so that's another plus.

However if you were thinking about investing into one, I wouldn't recommend Fomor because you cannot special upgrade it. Your best option would be a standard Volcano cylinder. Fomor just have different enchants that they can use but the major draw back was special upgrade. Volcano cylinders also dropped in price significantly since their launch (Usually 350k+ for Clean volcano cylinder [at least in Ruairi]).
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Solestice wrote: »
    Fire alch is alittle more versatile skill wise, with Linear AoE and single target. Volcano (Or Fomor for that matter) also increases it's fire alchemic attribute by 30%, so that's another plus.

However if you were thinking about investing into one, I wouldn't recommend Fomor because you cannot special upgrade it. Your best option would be a standard Volcano cylinder. Fomor just have different enchants that they can use but the major draw back was special upgrade. Volcano cylinders also dropped in price significantly since their launch (Usually 350k+ for Clean volcano cylinder [at least in Ruairi]).

That or go for the demonic hellfire, also cheap to get.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited April 9, 2019
    Although I appreciate the advice from you both, I am not unfamiliar with alchemy. That's why I'm surprised that there's such a pricing disparity; none of the other 'tiers' of cylinders have the fire variant more expensive (or rather, difficult to obtain) than their counterparts.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Although I appreciate the advice from you both, I am not unfamiliar with alchemy. That's why I'm surprised that there's such a pricing disparity; none of the other 'tiers' of cylinders have the fire variant more expensive (or rather, difficult to obtain) than their counterparts.

Well, your question "Is Flame Alchemy really considered that much stronger than the others?" points that you are not that familiar with alchemy.

Flame alchemy works best for 90% of players using alchemy as a proactive combat set no different than archery or warrior, versus the utility based wind and earth-based cylinders.

Water works well with the stats, and can be the highest damaging skill set in the entire game....if you can get an Erg 50 Cylinder.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited April 10, 2019

Well, your question "Is Flame Alchemy really considered that much stronger than the others?" points that you are not that familiar with alchemy.

Flame alchemy works best for 90% of players using alchemy as a proactive combat set no different than archery or warrior, versus the utility based wind and earth-based cylinders.

Water works well with the stats, and can be the highest damaging skill set in the entire game....if you can get an Erg 50 Cylinder.

The root of my concern is the inconsistency; there are multiple limitations in-game that prevent fire from being 100% guaranteed better pick than water (unlike red and blue special upgrades, arguably), and the other tiers of cylinders (which includes the Abyss-tier, the Celtic cylinder, and arguably the regular volcano/tidal wave). Then, the Fomor Volcano is ~10x the cost of the other three.

It's like, is fire alchemy always better than water/wind/earth? If so, then EVERY fire cylinder should be more expensive, and Water Cannon/Flame Burst shouldn't be seem as equal competitors. If not, then EVERY fire cylinder should be the same cost/effort to obtain as the others (which has been the case for arguably every other cylinder 'tier'). The Fomor Volcano breaks the latter's case SEVERELY, thus my query.

Who knows, maybe it just falls under the 'As if Devcat knows what they're doing half the time.' category.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Not to be rude, sorry if I am, but why bring this up now after all these years? I remember when they were introduced an though awesome, easy to obtain a better fire cylinder. I looked at the price and I was annoyed it was so high. Of course I got over those feelings because of the ducats for repair and the general knowledge that I was way to weak to bother getting that many ducats. Remember way back then it was harder for some people to fight the bandits.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited April 10, 2019
    Not to be rude, sorry if I am, but why bring this up now after all these years? I remember when they were introduced an though awesome, easy to obtain a better fire cylinder. I looked at the price and I was annoyed it was so high. Of course I got over those feelings because of the ducats for repair and the general knowledge that I was way to weak to bother getting that many ducats. Remember way back then it was harder for some people to fight the bandits.

'cause I've never dealt with commercing, but was trawling the cylinder list the other day and thought it was a typo that three cylinders were 70kD, and that one was 750kD.