Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Peria Chronicles - Suspended indefinitely

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 12, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »
    Man, that's just so pretty.

I hope they have a music system in there too like Mabi and MS2 does.

It seems the plain text actually works... okay.
    And yeah, hopefully music system comes after the whole custom literal coded crafting.

*This Tweet is Google Translated as: I'm going to have a computer fan.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited May 22, 2019
    Oh mannnnn...CPU is gonna suffer. Which is freaking insane! I just don't understand this.

9072c7015fac489e81baa7a88d3f89c6.PNG

16gb of ram required. My old system only has 12. They gotta do something, optimize it. Something, anything. Jesus.

I hope all this testing helps them figure out something. I will be sad if I can't play. :(

I mean I can try to run it on this other system that has all the specs but...Nexon games are NOT compatible with computers that have SSD for the operating system. It gets all messed up when I try to tell the game YOU'RE GONNA HERE ON THIS DRIVE INSTEAD WHERE THERE IS ROOM. But then the Nexon game is like I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THIS DRIVE......BRBBBBBRBRBRBRBBRROOOOOORRKKKKKKK. I've tried everything, it just doesn't work.

Sigh...new gaming computer and it doesn't play Nexon games.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Darkpixie99Helsa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nexon really needs to make a game with more reasonable spec requirements. Doesn't matter if game is pretty to look at, if it's unoptimized and laggy, it will still suck. Wondering if gameplay will be even interesting.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 12, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Nexon really needs to make a game with more reasonable spec requirements. Doesn't matter if game is pretty to look at, if it's unoptimized and laggy, it will still suck. Wondering if gameplay will be even interesting.

So far the gameplay looks fine and interesting, there's storylines and stuff. but apparently you need a $2000 computer to play it. That's not going to fly in the gaming world. :|
    Darkpixie99ImaizumiWolfsingerHelsa
  • KaiwythKaiwyth
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    i really hope this'll be coming to NA! this looks cool !!! just gotta sell a couple organs to be able to afford a gaming pc setup that'll be able to handle this game!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I hope they fix that, I really do. This is starting to worry me. Waited for years for this game to come out and I might not have a computer that will be able to run a cell shaded game. That's stupid.
    Helsa
  • atoyumeatoyume
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    edited May 12, 2019
    Here's the full soundtrack used in the beta. My personal favorite is "tem town 3" but all of them sound great. Can't help but get a nostalgic feeling hearing these tracks as if they were ripped from a mmorpg in the early 2000s lol

Darkpixie99
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    but apparently you need a $2000 computer to play it. That's not going to fly in the gaming world. :|

The Phenom II in the recommended cpu section is a processor from 2008 and you could probably get paid to take them today in 2016+3, memory recommendation of 16GiB is likely over-provisioned for Windows 10's bloat and constantly running spyware in the background, and the RX590 they recommend for a GPU is basically a pre-overclocked RX580 which can currently be bought for about 100 dollars if you want the 4GiB VRAM edition or 140 for 8GiB.

I think you'll be able to play it just fine with a 500~600 dollar (new) build or a 200~300 dollar secondhand Sandy Bridge i7 box with a fresh RX580.

I'm not sure about your SSD issue though since I was able to install mabi with the nexon launcher to my RAID0 of two 250GB SSDs fine.
    Darkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    atoyume wrote: »
    Here's the full soundtrack used in the beta. My personal favorite is "tem town 3" but all of them sound great. Can't help but get a nostalgic feeling hearing these tracks as if they were ripped from a mmorpg in the early 2000s lol

Yeah they definitely have some quality soundtracks for this game.
    Lutetium wrote: »
    but apparently you need a $2000 computer to play it. That's not going to fly in the gaming world. :|

The Phenom II in the recommended cpu section is a processor from 2008 and you could probably get paid to take them today in 2016+3, memory recommendation of 16GiB is likely over-provisioned for Windows 10's bloat and constantly running spyware in the background, and the RX590 they recommend for a GPU is basically a pre-overclocked RX580 which can currently be bought for about 100 dollars if you want the 4GiB VRAM edition or 140 for 8GiB.

I think you'll be able to play it just fine with a 500~600 dollar (new) build or a 200~300 dollar secondhand Sandy Bridge i7 box with a fresh RX580.

I'm not sure about your SSD issue though since I was able to install mabi with the nexon launcher to my RAID0 of two 250GB SSDs fine.

Yeah I don't know what it is. I install the game, I try to tell it to go to the other drive because C drive is the SSD and is taken up by windows. When I try to run it everything is at default mode and it won't recognize my secondary password. I tried multiple times, doing clean uninstalls and it just won't let me log in from that computer. So unfortunately in order to play Mabi I have to use my older computer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If someone can figure this out that would be awesome. But I guess for the time being I am stuck out in the living room. :(

Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Looks like 2.5 D animation.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Looks like 2.5 D animation.

I believe the term is 2D 3D. Get it? Two dimensional three dimensions?
    Ah art, how we love to bask in your brain tricks.
    Kensamaofmari
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 17, 2019
    To save us from a week's lack of update information, the Peria Chronicles FB had a picture of a plushie announcing last week's pioneer test.
    It seems that KR is at least ready for demo merchandise preparation. If this was for a testing announcement, we could get it sooner than we think...

59984795_697362307347043_8153797791420776448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=47ad6c01476ab6190048354962a841eb&oe=5D5744FE
    And by it, I could mean the plushie.
    Plushies, good marketing lure.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

Speaking of which, Nexon has the Maplestory merch store right here!
    (inb4 "Mabinogi merch wheeeeeeeen")

Speaking of which, Nexon has the Maplestory merch store right here!
    (inb4 "Mabinogi merch wheeeeeeeen")

Never because they gave us server merge.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 17, 2019
    If anything, I was hoping that at least JP would have an offical merch store.
    It seems getting less merchandise produced for the intent of contests and giveaways might be the most cost effective for KR at the moment.
    It's not entirely bad, but we'll just have to keep waiting and see what big owner KR says about the demand/supply after the auction starts again.
    If China wins either auction or merch production, NA will either have to pay a bunch in taxes/shipping, or the merch store won't land here at all.
    (Because of playing trade wars.)
    large.jpg

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    To save us from a week's lack of update information, the Peria Chronicles FB had a picture of a plushie announcing last week's pioneer test.
    It seems that KR is at least ready for demo merchandise preparation. If this was for a testing announcement, we could get it sooner than we think...

59984795_697362307347043_8153797791420776448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=47ad6c01476ab6190048354962a841eb&oe=5D5744FE
    And by it, I could mean the plushie.

I must have this plushie in my life!!!

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Darkpixie99Helsa
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 18, 2019
    I must have this plushie in my life!!!
    Nexon could open an entire merch store full of plushies, and it still wouldn't be enough.

Found a 17 minute video to explain the UI and Combat without clicking through KR Google Translated garble:
    Disclaimer: The spoiler is there for a reason. It spoils. You've been warned.

*Edit*
    Didn't want to double post, so here it is.
    If we can
    transform as
    Kirana, then I'd probably pick
    the knight one
    but I still think a samurai inspired one would be super cool if Nexon KR ends up developing more via player suggestions.
    edited May 20, 2019
    If anything, I was hoping that at least JP would have an offical merch store.
    It seems getting less merchandise produced for the intent of contests and giveaways might be the most cost effective for KR at the moment.
    It's not entirely bad, but we'll just have to keep waiting and see what big owner KR says about the demand/supply after the auction starts again.
    If China wins either auction or merch production, NA will either have to pay a bunch in taxes/shipping, or the merch store won't land here at all.
    (Because of playing trade wars.)
    large.jpg

TARIFF!
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    The Community Forums Page leads me to this notice:
    로그인이 되지 않았습니다.
    Or as Google Translate says: You are not logged in.

The secret keeping continues.
    tenor.gif?itemid=8432675

Kensamaofmari