Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Peria Chronicles - Suspended indefinitely

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »

In the end, Korean companies are profit first.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155

This has little to do with profit at this point. We got a bunch of higher ups scrambling around like chickens with their heads cut off.
    Helsa
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited August 28, 2019

If you have a functional CBT, canning the game a few months after is not "profit first." This entire project being canned after it was this close to being live is really really unusual.
    Darkpixie99
    Buffalos wrote: »

If you have a functional CBT, canning the game a few months after is not "profit first." This entire project being canned after it was this close to being live is really really usual.

I was making a generalization not specific to Peria Chronicles.
    Buffalos

This has little to do with profit at this point. We got a bunch of higher ups scrambling around like chickens with their heads cut off.

You called?
    Yusay+boyddamilkman+jinrui+is+absolutely+_36df62b9e331d26e0f3c7eb847a42c6c.png
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    shame....was hoping to play the game, guess id never be able to now.

Time to wait and see.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 28, 2019

If you have a functional CBT, canning the game a few months after is not "profit first." This entire project being canned after it was this close to being live is really really usual.

Do you mean usual or unusual? =P

https://massivelyop.com/2019/08/27/rumor-nexon-has-apparently-canceled-peria-chronicles-as-employee-union-organizes-protest/

This whole year has just been a nightmare for Nexon. This is awful. It just keeps getting worse as this year goes by. I'm actually afraid that Nexon is gonna fold.

Also it looks like it's suspended rather than it's cancelled and that's because there is going to be a protest. So...maybe there is a chance they will resume development? I am highly doubtful with everything that has happened.
    Darkpixie99BuffalosHelsa

https://massivelyop.com/2019/08/27/rumor-nexon-has-apparently-canceled-peria-chronicles-as-employee-union-organizes-protest/

This whole year has just been a nightmare for Nexon. This is awful. It just keeps getting worse as this year goes by. I'm actually afraid that Nexon is gonna fold.

Also it looks like it's suspended rather than it's cancelled and that's because there is going to be a protest. So...maybe there is a chance they will resume development? I am highly doubtful with everything that has happened.

I believe this past year and a half has been a nightmare for most businesses in the world.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I believe this past year and a half has been a nightmare for most businesses in the world.

I don't care about other businesses in this thread.
    Helsa
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Another game claimed to be the death of Mabi bites the dust once more. First it was Black Desert, then Peria. Wonder what's next?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Well.. this is depressing. I was really looking forward to that game. Oh well...
    I guess MapleStory isn't getting them enough money anymore to hold their weight?
    Kensamaofmari
    Sherri wrote: »
    Well.. this is depressing. I was really looking forward to that game. Oh well...
    I guess MapleStory isn't getting them enough money anymore to hold their weight?

They get money out of Maple still, but I would say the problem would be slowdown in China and Korea while Japan and NA remain stagnant. They're trying to grow EU, which will not be easy to do.

I don't care about other businesses in this thread.

Just sayin.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah I noticed.
    Helsa
  • SherriSherri

They get money out of Maple still, but I would say the problem would be slowdown in China and Korea while Japan and NA remain stagnant. They're trying to grow EU, which will not be easy to do.

Yup, doesn't help with all the funtime trade wars and I keep hearing about some kinda economic crisis thingey? Recession?
    *totally not googling what it means cuz' I know hardly anything about economics*
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 28, 2019

Yup, doesn't help with all the funtime trade wars and I keep hearing about some kinda economic crisis thingey? Recession?
    *totally not googling what it means cuz' I know hardly anything about economics*

Yeah the rich people are starting to be smart with their money and not spending it on absolute junk. Which means...same thing is happening here. There is definitely an inherent trend. I mean honestly if I was rich I would not be spending it on expensive cars or mansions that consume tons of energy. I would buy a modest home with everything I need, a couple reliable cars from THIS year, lol. I would spend most of it on education and traveling the world, experiencing things before I die. I would also would want to become self sufficient from the grid, own some land, grow my own food, tap into thermal heating from the earth, getting the hell away from people basically, lol.

The fact that a lot of you barely know anything about this stuff perpetuates today's problems. Basically if the rich don't spend, then employers and companies suffer. With the STUPID wage increases to 15/hr (holy bleep), Well that kind of combination shrinks up the job market, people become unemployed or can't get employment, and they suffer.
    KensamaofmariHelsa

Yeah the rich people are starting to be smart with their money and not spending it on absolute junk. Which means...same thing is happening here. There is definitely an inherent trend. I mean honestly if I was rich I would not be spending it on expensive cars or mansions that consume tons of energy. I would buy a modest home with everything I need, a couple reliable cars from THIS year, lol. I would spend most of it on education and traveling the world, experiencing things before I die. I would also would want to become self sufficient from the grid, own some land, grow my own food, tap into thermal heating from the earth, getting the hell away from people basically, lol.

The fact that a lot of you barely know anything about this stuff perpetuates today's problems. Basically if the rich don't spend, then employers and companies suffer. With the STUPID wage increases to 15/hr (holy bleep), Well that kind of combination shrinks up the job market, people become unemployed or can't get employment, and they suffer.

Yup, there are reports everywhere today that the rich are slowing their spending, implications that they're bracing now for the long term.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 28, 2019
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Another game claimed to be the death of Mabi bites the dust once more. First it was Black Desert, then Peria. Wonder what's next?

Black Desert Online had Vindictus level of graphics, so it's not all that surprising it lost to the jiggle physics.
    My heart is sinking just like Nexon is. Oh no...

NA staff, your bosses are LYING to you!

Wasn't Park the one in charge of detangling the spaghetti code in Mabinogi?
    Uh oh. Bad vibes, man... bad vibes.

Yup, there are reports everywhere today that the rich are slowing their spending, implications that they're bracing now for the long term.
    Extra Credits on Youtube had a video about the micro-transaction models and how not relying on whales (which EVERYONE WANTS) would be best in the long run. HUH. How IRONIC Nexon, how ironic!

Until they find a way to satisfy employee needs and wants, then it'll likely take the union a while to start caring about work or restarting project development from scratch. (Again)
    On hindsight, selling the company to Netmarble or Tencent may have been a better move than making an acquisition of an ex EA dunderhead.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri

Yeeeah, I will admit I don't know about economics at all and I should definitely learn, especially since I have an interest in World Politics/Geography. Those all go pretty much hand in hand.
    Well at least I know what a depression is. I guess you can say this whole thing with Nexon is pretty.. depressing. Because it really is. :(

I'll go jump into the Port Cobh ocean.
    Darkpixie99Crimsọn
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795

Oof, ya got me. UNusual. It's really unusual.
    Until they find a way to satisfy employee needs and wants, then it'll likely take the union a while to start caring about work or restarting project development from scratch. (Again)
    With how several studios have been getting caught up in scandals involving unethical developer crunch, that entire sector needs to be unionized anyway. Anyway I doubt they'd restart the project if they chose to continue it, given just how bumpy it was getting it up to this state across the past....five years?
    Darkpixie99