Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon launcher won't launch game

AuroraWolfAuroraWolf
Mabinogi Rep: 410
edited April 28, 2019 in Technical Support
I have played Mabinogi for more than a year now and never had an issue with it. About 2 months ago the launcher just stopped working. I would open the launcher and it would say "Mabinogi is being launched; Please wait....; If the game is not being launched click here." After a few seconds the launcher closes but the game does not open. If I click the "here" button it closes the launcher as well with nothing. I downloaded it off steam and have tried redownloading the game multiple times. Excluded the game from my firewall and virus protection during startup and download. And even completely disabled my firewall and virus protection during startup and download. With Task Manager open, it tells me that no new processes are occurring when the launcher is up. Can someone please help me try and get my game to work again.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Windows itself may be preventing it from launching, Set the client.exe to 'always run as admin'. If it still won't run after that add it to windows DEP exceptions. If it still won't run after those we'll need more info (listed below) to possibly help.

pc - make/model
    windows version - 7,8,10
    graphics - make/model
    launcher type - nexon/steam
    any screen shots of messages, errors, etc... that you receive when trying to launch game.
  • AuroraWolfAuroraWolf
    edited April 28, 2019
    Having it always run as administrator and adding it to windows DEP exceptions does not work either either.
    My computer is an Ideapad Flex 4-1470 by Lenova
    Runs Windows 10
    Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 510 engine
    Using Steam launcher
    There are no error messages that appear when opening the game.
    6iae52.png
    This is the only thing that comes up when I try to run the game, then it will disappear after a few seconds.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    for the sake of argument. The game can crash when attempting to start it if an incompatible setting was chosen in the in game options the last time it was ran. If you run the default.reg located in mabinogi's game directory it will reset all in game settings to their default. You may need to run it as admin for it to actually run. If it was a case of an incorrect setting preventing the game from running this will correct the problem.
  • AuroraWolfAuroraWolf
    After running the default.reg, there has been no change with the issue.
  • monsterhartmonsterhart
    Mabinogi Rep: 215
    I am having the same issue but I've had it every time I ever tried to play so I've never actually been able to play the game. I'll give up and try again in a few months but it never seems to be fixed. I decided to try to post my problem here but it seems you already have. I hope we can find a solution.
    ThatGuy2
  • ThatGuy2ThatGuy2
    I am having the same issue but I've had it every time I ever tried to play so I've never actually been able to play the game. I'll give up and try again in a few months but it never seems to be fixed. I decided to try to post my problem here but it seems you already have. I hope we can find a solution.

Literally the same thing here. I played years ago, and this past year wanted to see how it was again. But have tried multiple times but game never launches, after multiple redownloads and attempts through nexon launcher and steam launcher.