Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge Name Sniping

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Rhey wrote: »
    Good thing I already future proof one of my throw away pets in anticipation of this exact scenario. Had a gut feeling this would turn out to be the path the merge take from all those discussions taking place about this topic over the many months prior.

source.gif

So I'm good. Personally won't be grief by trolls come merge time.

I suppose if you have that kind of following.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    To be honest .-. I don't care at all about the risk of a name being changed from the merge.. a Name is just that... That name is not affecting my ability to play the game or enjoy it. If I have to lose my name to get more players on a server, then it seems worth it.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    In summary, there is a tradeoff to everything.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    In summary, there is a tradeoff to everything.

Indeed, But at least, the trade-off is our account itself.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 13, 2019
    It may not be important to you, but to a lot of people it is. And it's not just about that, it's about malicious impersonation.
    Gaea wrote: »
    It may not be important to you, but to a lot of people it is. And it's not just about that, it's about malicious impersonation.

Aka a form of ID theft.
  • ValenmirValenmir

Aka a form of ID theft.

Kinda don't see how when the server you was from will be added on if someone has the same name as you. Even then, it really isn't an issue for other games that allow the same names- I really don't understand why it is a big deal and I honestly don't think I ever will understand it. So, I am sorry if me not understanding this, upsets people.
    Tayloreski wrote: »

Aka a form of ID theft.

Kinda don't see how when the server you was from will be added on if someone has the same name as you. Even then, it really isn't an issue for other games that allow the same names- I really don't understand why it is a big deal and I honestly don't think I ever will understand it. So, I am sorry if me not understanding this, upsets people.

Understandings are not easy to come by.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Aka a form of ID theft.

45668235.jpg
    edited May 13, 2019

Aka a form of ID theft.

45668235.jpg

rsL5GZf.jpg :)
    WolfsingerCrimsọnKitini
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited May 13, 2019
    The entertainment comes from seeing all of the commonfolk fight over something as superfluous as personal branding when only four people know who they are at any given time. Just let it happen, and those who still play, meaning those who have a say at the turn of 2019: will sort it out promptly for themselves at login. As for the long-gone: well there's no point in having a name that no soul alive will call you by.

That is usually the only reason for these kinds of topics anyways, eughhh. But it IS one sentiment that this philosophy extends to. And never from the people who are actually sincere in their convictions.
    --Now for a prediction: I predict that the next post will be offtopic condescending fluff
    GretaBlissfulkillWolfsinger
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    The entertainment comes from seeing all of the commonfolk fight over something as superfluous as personal branding when only four people know who they are at any given time

That's odd, I don't remember claiming to be famous. Perhaps the true entertainment is watching you attempt look down on people you know nothing about, fellow commoner?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    --Now for a prediction: I predict that the next post will be offtopic condescending fluff
    You were right lol.
    Wolfsinger
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    edited May 14, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    You were right lol.

It's just too bad that they had to edit their own post to not be completely garbo after I had already responded.
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Alexina salt is delicious
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019

Aka a form of ID theft.

45668235.jpg

rsL5GZf.jpg :)

iWKad22.jpg

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    WolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • PikangiePikangie
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    I'm going to steal some player's IGNs. I hope you guys look forward to it, because you'll regret excluding Alexina out. S> IGNs, 500m.

Wow that is pretty disgusting behavior. Lol.
    I never wanted a merge in the first place, but I wouldn't stoop this low.

Alexina players are pretty salty about this.
    Entertainment at it's finest.

They literally just announced this yesterday and it's already turning in a .

Some of them are, frankly. Honestly I had to leave the discord yesterday because of the massive level of toxicity that was going around from ALL the servers. Like one person who was deliberately trolling those on Alexina BECAUSE some of the players mocked the others for being smaller servers? I wasn't even really aware of it, outside that a couple people did it. I didn't think there were that many trash-talking trolls, but I guess that's not really a surprise, knowing some people...
    Good gods though, I think I'm going to avoid it until this is over XP Got enough stress in my life without all that to drag what's left of my mood down!

I've ended up muting the discord besides the Announcements and market channels because of how overly lax the Discord is with their rule of "respect". >.< It feels more like a fan-run server, but actually the fan-run Mabi Discord servers don't even come close in how toxic people can be or overly forgiving to trolls, extremely-rude people, and hate speech (as in RL hate speech) the moderation is. They even let someone spout out hateful/violent incel propaganda in it at one point (who repeatedly did it before and even stalked and harrassed my guildie in DMs), and just gave the guy a slap on the wrist, then he later continued to act out lol. Such a person would have been banned or kicked out so fast in any other server I'm in, but I have met multiple people like this in just a few days of the official Discord server.
    So yeah, that is why I just ignore the official discord's socialization and just stick with being social in the fan-run guild/raid Discords I'm in. x_x
    GretaWolfsinger