Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Size Adjustment

etrietri
Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
edited May 15, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
I have the largest homestead size and now I wish I didn't.

It'd be neat if we could adjust our homesteads size as we wished. (similarly to MS2, where you can make it larger/smaller through a menu)
I'd like to have something more cozy again. :')
Amaraz

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Oooo what about a homestead version of a pet adoption medal. You could sell your homestead and start a new one from scratch.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    Oooo what about a homestead version of a pet adoption medal. You could sell your homestead and start a new one from scratch.

I think that will create chaos... Having a real estate market in Mabi...
  • HelsaHelsa

Why? Are you worried about NYC real estate developers? cough cough.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Why? Are you worried about NYC real estate developers? cough cough.

Those and Cali ones. ;)
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660

MS2 has a thing where you can manually lower your house size, and can revert it back anytime.
    It would quite literally be Nexon copying it's own homework, and wouldn't be too hard to do again.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125

MS2 has a thing where you can manually lower your house size, and can revert it back anytime.
    It would quite literally be Nexon copying it's own homework, and wouldn't be too hard to do again.

I want to once again point out that Nexon is the publisher with different development studios under it to produce games. DevCAT works on Mabi while NSquare does MS2. This is not even getting into the issue that both games uses different engines, and thus, different coding, etc. Just because one game has a feature, it doesn't mean that it can be easily imported into another game (unless they have the same engine to begin with, even then, a lot of work is needed to make it compatible).
  • HelsaHelsa
    GTCvActium wrote: »

I want to once again point out that Nexon is the publisher with different development studios under it to produce games. DevCAT works on Mabi while NSquare does MS2. This is not even getting into the issue that both games uses different engines, and thus, different coding, etc. Just because one game has a feature, it doesn't mean that it can be easily imported into another game (unless they have the same engine to begin with, even then, a lot of work is needed to make it compatible).

I know it irks you, and I'm sorry about that. We're not doing it to bug you, but you're gonna have to learn to live with it.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 22, 2019
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Spaghetti code or not, there's nothing in the rules that say new code can't be added on top of it.
    (Provided the proper research and testing is done beforehand.)
    Of course, the only rule that could possibly be against that is the fact that it's spaghetti code. (No one likes it.)
    Our only choice would be to wait for Nexon KR to finish detangling all of Mabinogi's spaghetti code enough in order to add onto the Romantic Farm (Homestead) functions. Again, since we're just players who don't know things on their side, all we can do is ask for features or suggest alternatives to our suggestions.

Example of an unrelated developer struggle with spaghetti code.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 22, 2019
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/
    Example of an unrelated developer struggle with spaghetti code.

That's the reality in the software biz. It's a combination of several things: team leads not keeping a lid on it, coders being lazy, coders thinking it means job security (it never does), and companies terminating folks in spite of it (since the next poor all-your-base-are-terds-to-us is being paid to deal with it).
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 22, 2019
    That's the reality in the software biz. It's a combination of several things: team leads not keeping a lid on it, coders being lazy, coders thinking it means job security (it never does), and companies terminating folks in spite of it (since the next poor all-your-base-are-terds-to-us is being paid to deal with it).

Look, you're clearly not getting the joke here. Let me explain it.
    "To copy one's own homework," indicates that there will be multiple changes so that the result is unrecognizable to anyone but the copier.
    Nexon KR's current problem they've constantly been tackling, is detangling the spaghetti code left behind by Devcat.
    If they were to copy and paste code directly from MS2's House feature into Mabinogi, then yes... nothing would work due to incompatibility.
    However, they can take a glimpse at how the Resize UI works, and make the necessary modifications themselves.
    That is, if a resize feature is what they desire to implement.
    Maybe the KR community doesn't need it, and it could be on the back burner for a while.
    They could instead decide upon an item that can completely reset the level of a homestead, rather than adjust the size at will.
    You never know until a GM stream.

• HelsaHelsa
    edited May 23, 2019
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/

Look, you're clearly not getting the joke here. Let me explain it.
    "To copy one's own homework," indicates that there will be multiple changes so that the result is unrecognizable to anyone but the copier.
    Nexon KR's current problem they've constantly been tackling, is detangling the spaghetti code left behind by Devcat.
    If they were to copy and paste code directly from MS2's House feature into Mabinogi, then yes... nothing would work due to incompatibility.
    However, they can take a glimpse at how the Resize UI works, and make the necessary modifications themselves.
    That is, if a resize feature is what they desire to implement.
    Maybe the KR community doesn't need it, and it could be on the back burner for a while.
    They could instead decide upon an item that can completely reset the level of a homestead, rather than adjust the size at will.
    You never know until a GM stream.

Whoa, I think your debate is with the other fella not me. If you're saying that a feature exists in another game and is owned by Nexon so that they can copy it over, without intellectual property concerns or the need to develop from scratch, as a first step to bring it into the game followed by steps to make it copacetic to how Mabinogi is coded, I not only think you're right, I'm sure they would do precisely that. That second part may be a massive undertaking though, but it's just work. If the bottom-liners find it feasible enough to put it in the company budget then it'll be: go with throttle up. If they don't, they won't. Gee Willickers!