Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How long will the merge take?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »
    Btw I have mentioned this in a few places but I will do so here as well.

If are married, get divorced now and remarry after the merge.

Or you will encounter a bug that even GM's have not been able to fix to this day.

Brace for it

I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet. Imagine a world where you can't get divorced? Oof lol.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Or you will encounter a bug that even GM's have not been able to fix to this day.

Brace for it

I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet. Imagine a world where you can't get divorced? Oof lol.

You mean the medieval Catholic world?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019

Brace for it

Oof.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Helsa

Brace for it

Oof.

Not that people couldn't, but there needed to be legal and religious (corrupted) reasons (that would've benefited the church) to do so.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    full?d=1538052970
    WolfsingerGretaKensamaofmari
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Betting

Brace for it

Oof.

Not that people couldn't, but there needed to be legal and religious (corrupted) reasons (that would've benefited the church) to do so.

Did you know divorce was allowed - started with the Jews actually, not the Catholics - because those people that wanted to have another husband/wife would kill their old one to do so?
    Its not corrupted religion. Its people. It was allowed because it was the lesser of two evils. Not because it "benefited" anyone...or well I suppose it did in a manner of speaking, somebody got to stay alive XP
    I can't speak for everyone back in ye olden days, but come now...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Ok ok guys lets not go into religion. That's a one way path to oblivion.

WolfsingerHelsa
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    No matter what Nexon says, I think there will be a huge margin for error. For example; they might say 3 days. Due to how unpredictable the situation will be it could take just one day or it could take a week. Feel bad for the person(s) who have to make the prediction.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 22, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    full?d=1538052970

Everytime... By same people.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited May 22, 2019

If you are married, get divorced now and remarry after the merge.

What are you talking about? What bug?
    Are you being serious, or is there a joke I'm missing here.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 22, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »

The names of the marriage titles will most likely get messed up.

Now @Aquasol , close this thread because it's spreading FUD too. And other ~10 threads that are related to server merge.
    Harukari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »

The names of the marriage titles will most likely get messed up.

Now @Aquasol , close this thread because it's spreading FUD too. And other ~10 threads that are related to server merge.

What the bleep Greta. This is a poll discussion thread on time frames of the maintenance. Yeah it got slightly derailed, it's my thread and it can be recovered as long as you don't pull a Hardmuscle and send it off into oblivion. :|

And fine, in regards to the FUD accusation http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/20122/some-important-sever-merge-questions I will intentionally glitch my character to prove what I was saying because that glitch DOES EXIST WITH CHARACTER NAME CHANGES. I will marry an alt and prove it, because I have no intention of ever marrying someone on this game. Don't want to take me serious? Then fine, deal with the crap storm NA.

Helsa
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Okay, so, here's the thing-- FUD includes things like getting people to freak out and accept conjecture or conspiracy as truth. Things like claiming the game is "shutting down", or that you need to pull everything out of the dressing room because "it'll disappear", or even about having to get a divorce ingame before the merge, lest you bork a title or break your entire game. None of these have been announced, nor have they been alluded to or otherwise stated by anyone from the Mabi team.

Speculation in and of itself is nothing bad, however, attempting to pass it off and spread it as information IS. This is why several posts and threads have been removed or locked. Any further updates on issues relating to the merge in advance of the date will be relayed here in an announcement, on the site, and/or in the Official Mabinogi Discord. While we understand concerns(everyone has them), going into a panic and adding to the stress is the last thing everyone needs.
    Pan
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 22, 2019
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Speculation in and of itself is nothing bad, however, attempting to pass it off and spread it as information IS.

So, if we use phrases such as "I think that" or "it is probably" and so on, it will be clear that it is speculation. For example:
    Since the dressing room can only hold one item of each type, for folks with characters on multiple servers with the same item in each of those dressing rooms, would indicate that it would probably be prudent to at least remove all duplicates, or perhaps all versions of the same items just to be sure.
    That language does not say it IS the case, it clearly suggests that it is speculation and given that if the speculation is true the best response would be to do as stated.

Something like that?
    This is why we need disclaimers to be added to everyone's posts, but that would be annoying to have.

We are less than 2 weeks away from the allotted merge date.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 22, 2019
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is·····*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken defintively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/
    This is why we need disclaimers to be added to everyone's posts, but that would be annoying to have.

We are less than 2 weeks away from the allotted merge date.

I have already taken that very precaution, to avoid any of the concerns expressed by the staff.
    KensamaofmariPan
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is·····*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken defintively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/

Hahahaha
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I somewhat agree, however I am curious as to whether the Alexina server will be down for the entire duration of the maintenance.
    I swear to dog, I'll push this thread back on the rails even if I have to start replying to myself.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Aquasol we had a player who had their name changed in the past and it screwed it up. I wish I could find that post so I could PROVE it.

AHA!!! I FREAKING FOUND THOSE POSTS. :|

Kaga wrote: »
    To this day my marriage title is still glitched due to my wife having a name change in 2015.

The GMs were also unable to fix it.

13fad714e3.jpg

And we can't divorce, so I can't marry Neyna

#pimp

:trollface:
    Neyna wrote: »
    To this day my marriage title is still glitched due to my wife having a name change in 2015.

13fad714e3.jpg

#pimp

More like Sharte can’t divorce even though she isn’t married ‘-‘

Hopefully name change does come to this game but before that, I hope they fix the issues my fam and I are having.
    The GM that gave me the name change IS aware of the bugs/issues with the family titles & tree as well as that there are now two Neyna in the guild list.

The solution was to divorce to fix the title issue, but we can’t even divorce in the first place. So they can’t do anything about it :<

13fad714e3.jpg

#pimp

13fad714e3.jpg

#pimp

Hopefully name change does come to this game but before that, I hope they fix the issues my fam and I are having.
    The GM that gave me the name change IS aware of the bugs/issues with the family titles & tree as well as that there are now two Neyna in the guild list.

The solution was to divorce to fix the title issue, but we can’t even divorce in the first place. So they can’t do anything about it :<
    asnscorpio wrote: »

13fad714e3.jpg

#pimp

Not sure what the divorce has to do with the title if it's related to something else entirely? You created a family....which....is like a perma stay where you are in this tree line. So if you change things....you cannot? you need to leave and rejoin/remake because there are changes? Unless you cannot un-join what you joined?

I got a name change fyi. We wanted to get remarried so it would say Sasochan Neyna's Husband instead of Sasochan Sharte's Husband. Sasochan cannot divorce "Sharte" because Sharte is Neyna, which was orginally Sharte.
    I can leave the family (if that's even possible), but it wouldn't change the marriage title for Sasochan.
    Look at Sasochan and Neyna's title and you can see what the issue is.

ps. How can one of us leave if we can't even divorce? We are both the parent in the family tree. Even if I can, it wouldn't fix the marriage title.
    The GM is aware of this issue and couldn't assist us with it.
    They know that my old gears also say "Sharte-only item" and I can equip them without needing to trade unlock too.

There, it's not FUD anymore. I want this problem addressed. I swear to god Aquasol. I'm not that baseless. :|

Those posts have been archived. No funny business from you guys.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180306164630/http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2476/name-changes/p2
    https://web.archive.org/web/20181013160656/http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2476/name-changes/p4
    And this page has also been archived.
    https://web.archive.org/save/http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/123337#Comment_123337
    I got archives for your archives.

KensamaofmariPanAkkedoHelsa
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Well the good news is that if it's a major problem they'll be a lot more inclined to find a solution