Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Spirit Weapon Question

DragoolfireDragoolfire
Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
edited May 23, 2019 in General Chat
So I have been thinking of changing Spirit Weapons, and I was wondering if Tikka Wood Healing Wand would be better than using my upgraded Tikka Wood Healing Wand. Upgraded is just -45% mana usage. If anyone has ideas about this, or anything different, let me know please.

Comments

• SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    To be honest... There is only a fair few spirit weapons that are worth it...
    A healing wand isn't one of them. So if you going to change it, I would recommend something better.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 23, 2019
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/

Snormie wrote: »
    A healing wand isn't one of them. So if you going to change it, I would recommend something better.

This is basically true, but it has to be filtered through what the player themselves is into. If you are happy being team doctor then a healing wand is "best" for you. If you are into raw damage then there are weapons better than spirit weapons. Because of this the point of spirit weapons are more for their secondary effects. I haven't really gotten into magic yet, not that I think it's no good but that I'm focused on other things right now, so I can't tell you about egoed wands. But as some examples:
    - if you choose the right kind of bow you can get an egoed bow with a range of 2800. You can use this to weaken or even snipe enemies at a distance before they get close enough for you to switch to something else,
    - if you are a giant you might want to consider egoing a weapon useful for enhancing Giant Full Swing,
    - some folks ego a tower cylinder, so that when you plunk down a hydra you switch weapon slots to the tower hydra to get a massive boost on the damage of the hydra puffs.

There are folks on these forums, that know A LOT more than me, who could give you much more useful and probably accurate advice, but maybe I've given you some food for thought about how to approach this.
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Helsa wrote: »
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/

Snormie wrote: »

This is basically true, but it has to be filtered through what the player themselves is into. If you are happy being team doctor then a healing wand is "best" for you. If you are into raw damage then there are weapons better than spirit weapons. Because of this the point of spirit weapons are more for their secondary effects. I haven't really gotten into magic yet, not that I think it's no good but that I'm focused on other things right now, so I can't tell you about egoed wands. But as some examples:
    - if you choose the right kind of bow you can get an egoed bow with a range of 2800. You can use this to weaken or even snipe enemies at a distance before they get close enough for you to switch to something else,
    - if you are a giant you might want to consider egoing a weapon useful for enhancing Giant Full Swing,
    - some folks ego a tower cylinder, so that when you plunk down a hydra you switch weapon slots to the tower hydra to get a massive boost on the damage of the hydra puffs.

There are folks on these forums, that know A LOT more than me, who could give you much more useful and probably accurate advice, but maybe I've given you some food for thought about how to approach this.

I don't think an ego healing wand offers really much though to be honest, besides mana reduction. There is no healing bonus right?
    Mana isn't hard to manage anymore, even getting a Karis set/ Mana reduction set isn't worth it anymore just because its easy to get mana pots or make them.

Tower cylinder isn't worth it. Normal one is though.

I recommend:
    A bow there is a couple that are decent for ego.
    Fire wand(the only wand to ever ego, the rest are a waste)
    2h axe(mainly for giant)
    Normal Cylinder or a fire one(iffy)