Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding Disclaimers

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 26, 2019
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/

The problem with bringing up the name sniping is that you're not completely entitled to your character name. If someone else makes or claims that name, well then that's just how life goes.

This is an example where a disclaimer would be of use. This is your opinion, is it Nexon's? Those readers who might be upset reading this would find relief being reminded that this is not necessarily Nexon's opinion on the matter. Telling folks that their name may be stolen is upsetting, it is made more so in the absence of a disclaimer to remind them that it is speculation. Telling folks that their name doesn't belong to them in the first place and to "suck it up princess" is just as upsetting in the absence of a disclaimer.
    The problem with bringing up Alexina is as I keep saying, the negativity is simply not appreciated by the mods right now.
    If problems do come up, or the populations aren't the same after a few years, then they'll fix it... simple as that.

Why is the idea of including Alexina taboo? The answer so far has been: "it just is now shut up".
    Saying that you believe that the merge is a bad idea is one thing, but going and saying that things will go badly is not what the admins would like to see.

I am against a server merge? I am one of the most vocal advocates for a merge. If we want to get into nuance then I was for a full merge not a partial merge, as I viewed a partial merge as problematic.
    The disclaimers inside of comments were started as more of a community meme in response to another user who was intentionally spreading FUD, but some responding comments still contained FUD.

The disclaimers were started because staff deleted posts, that were made in good faith, citing that they caused FUD, as readers could not tell the difference between known fact or speculation. The disclaimers were created to provide relief to the reader. I am not "the user named for crockery". Neither, are the other users of the disclaimer. Don't lump us in with them.

Greta
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 26, 2019
    The more you whine about not being able discuss Alexina, the more you miss the point of my posts.
    Alexina is fine to request for a full merge, but saying that something that hasn't happened yet is going to be problematic, generates FUD.
    The admins do not like the disclaimers, they do not like the uncertainty, fear, and doubt that came about to produce the disclaimer meme.
    (Again, the disclaimers all stemmed from the FUD antics of one troll of a user, of whom only those involved in the situation are aware of.)

We are free to our own opinions, but when you go worrying about someone stealing your name despite the open possibilities, you build the door to FUD creation.
    At the moment Nexon has said nothing about the name changes, that much is true. It is also true that we are not entitled to keeping our name.
    There are quite literally 7.5 billion people on this planet.
    If we were to have unique names for every person, then we'd run out of the English or any other language.
    It's merely a fact of life that the plausibility of losing your character name due to inactivity or/and during a sever merge happens.
    Nexon is not responsible for player misbehavior, but they will always take action if such a (payment) name sniping incident were to occur.
    You're blowing your questions out of proportion, as I have already answered them to the best of my experience.
    What the admins need right now isn't negativity, they need people to understand that regardless of the past, Nexon is trying to be and do better.
    The company might be up for auction, but they sincerely want us to know that they're trying their best with the feedback we have already provided them. Nothing was ever going to stop the merge, as it's been something requested for at least half a decade by now.
    Most, if not some people are spreading fear about Alexina and Mabinogi's future, when it quite frankly isn't needed at the moment.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I like how some people missed the point here.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 26, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    I like how some people missed the point here.
    Helsa wrote: »

The point is that the admins dislike the disclaimers, disapprove of it, and utilizing one doesn't remove you from the rules of forum ToS.
    You can state the facts of video game life as simply as I have, or you can continue to whine about how even memes have limits.
    No game company has ever once claimed that the username belongs solely to the one out of four+ players who uses it.
    Get over it, and appreciate the addition of your unique suffix while Nexon prepares for the name change period.
    (This is why you are always told to make sure to have an alternative name prepared.)
    Admins are free to delete any thread that appears to be an emotional debate topic, rather than a civil poll.
    If you're sill upset about Alexina, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Nexon doesn't plan to do a complete merge at the moment, but they will alert us whenever they do plan to do one.
    Again, you just need to move on and be patient about the whole process.

• GretaGreta
    edited May 26, 2019
    I don't understand how a concerned question about some things happening after a merge and a suggestion to include Alexina in a merge can cause a FUD or/and it will only cause an "emotional" debate. People made threads which seemed pretty civil and they still got nuked by Moderators with no legitimate reason, everything they said was that it went against CoC. I also don't understand the meme part you talking about, because that is irrelevant anyway in my opinion.
    Kinda sad how brainwashed you talk here.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Why do I have a feeling this thread is going to get deleted by monday.
    Darkpixie99
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »

It would have been deleted the same day it appeared, but luckily it's a weekend lol.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    I don't understand how a concerned question about some things happening after a merge and a suggestion to include Alexina in a merge can cause a FUD or/and it will only cause an "emotional" debate. People made threads which seemed pretty civil and they still got nuked by Moderators with no legitimate reason, everything they said was that it went against CoC. I also don't understand the meme part you talking about, because that is irrelevant anyway in my opinion.
    Kinda sad how brainwashed you talk here.

Listen, I don't wanna bash, I just want to use your recent thread as an example. You said Moderators closed your threads for being "petitions," not FUD. This thread is a good example; despite Katherz officially saying they are considering the Alexina merge in the Server MARGE Meme Winners thread, your thread ignores this by insisting on having an Alexina merge, with only "Yes" or "No" as options. This is a petition, even if it isn't clearly stated. Now I'm not saying I don't want to see it happen. I'm saying having users spamming the forums with this request will not change anything in the upcoming week. Right now, the best thing to do is to wait past the Nao merge, and then Alexina Merge threads will probably be much more accepted by the Moderators than at this time. I repeat that this isn't against you, just your thread.

I know that some innocent threads were closed for reasons of FUD, like this one. I get that there was no FUD spread in the linked thread. The problem lies with the fact that:

- This is yet another thread on the subject of the merge, so one more area to moderate and look for trolls saying "The Merge was a mistake, you'll lose everything because Nexon." The Moderators are probably already overwhelmed right now; this is not the best time to pop more threads on this subject.

- Although unintentional, questions that haven't been officially answered like "What will happen to the Dressing Room?" will make players worry about what will happen to their account, and as such, cause Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt as to how well the merge will go. These questions should be asked through the Support system, as this will yield the most accurate/official answer in a timely manner, and will not result in any FUD because it is not public.

In the end, you guys are not wrong, but their behaviour is understandable and will get back to normal shortly.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 26, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    - Although unintentional, questions that haven't been officially answered like "What will happen to the Dressing Room?" will make players worry about what will happen to their account, and as such, cause Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt as to how well the merge will go. These questions should be asked through the Support system, as this will yield the most accurate/official answer in a timely manner, and will not result in any FUD because it is not public.
    In the end, you guys are not wrong, but their behaviour is understandable and will get back to normal shortly.

The FUD in the "innocent" thread was the name sniping issue, which I have previously explained as a non apocalyptic type of issue.
    (Name Sniping is a negative connotation. There was also a call to fear of possible item deletion in that thread, which is FUD.)
    Marriage will not be affected, but as far as testing goes, Nexon still recommends getting that divorce before the character name suffix addition.
    As for the dressing room, I believe they said they were testing it to ascertain that everything will 100% be merged.
    There should be absolutely nothing to worry about in that regard, I have no idea why people keep asking about it despite the live stream.

- This is yet another thread on the subject of the merge, so one more area to moderate and look for trolls saying "The Merge was a mistake, you'll lose everything because Nexon." The Moderators are probably already overwhelmed right now; this is not the best time to pop more threads on this subject.

I'd have to agree, just stay tuned to any updates of the FAQ, guys.

Once Again:
    The disclaimers inside of comments were started as more of a community meme in response to another user who was intentionally spreading FUD, but some responding comments still contained FUD. Anyone who suggests otherwise did not personally witness the situation develop.
    The admins do not like the disclaimers, they do not like the uncertainty, fear, and doubt that came about to produce the disclaimer meme.
    What the admins need right now isn't negativity, they need people to understand that regardless of the past, Nexon is trying to be and do better.
    Most, if not some people are spreading fear about Alexina and Mabinogi's future, when it quite frankly isn't needed at the moment.
    (Hence the strict anti FUD ToS enforcement and this official post.)

We all know who started it, and need say no more.
    198px-Finola.png
    f6c.jpg

I wouldn't doubt it.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

The FUD in the "innocent" thread was the name sniping issue, which I have previously explained as a non apocalyptic type of issue.
    (Name Sniping is a negative connotation. There was also a call to fear of possible item deletion in that thread, which is FUD.)
    Marriage will not be affected, but as far as testing goes, Nexon still recommends getting that divorce before the character name suffix addition.
    As for the dressing room, I believe they said they were testing it to ascertain that everything will 100% be merged.
    There should be absolutely nothing to worry about in that regard, I have no idea why people keep asking about it despite the live stream.

I'd have to agree, just stay tuned to any updates of the FAQ, guys.

Once Again:
    The disclaimers inside of comments were started as more of a community meme in response to another user who was intentionally spreading FUD, but some responding comments still contained FUD. Anyone who suggests otherwise did not personally witness the situation develop.
    (Hence the strict anti FUD ToS enforcement and this official post.)

We all know who started it, and need say no more.
    198px-Finola.png
    f6c.jpg

I wouldn't doubt it.

Name-sniping is actually an issue, fyi.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 26, 2019
    Name-sniping-
    The plausibility of name sniping is FUD, plain and simple.
    While a taken name can happen to either an active or inactive player, it doesn't change the fact that users are not entitled to their player names. (Regardless of creation date.)
    Anything done illegitimately (such as NX for names) should be reported through the ticket system, not brought to the forums.

f6c.jpg

Wolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Name-sniping-
    The plausibility of name sniping is FUD, plain and simple.
    While a taken name can happen to either an active or inactive player, it doesn't change the fact that users are not entitled to their player names. (Regardless of creation date.)
    Anything done illegitimately (such as NX for names) should be reported through the ticket system, not brought to the forums.

f6c.jpg

I've had my name for 11 years.

I'm not about to lose it to some snot-sucker who just started.

And impersonation will always be an issue. Or did you forget about people like Pan?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 26, 2019
    I've had my name for 11 years.
    I'm not about to lose it to some snot-sucker who just started.
    And impersonation will always be an issue.

Again, issues such as scams or impersonation should be brought up through the ticket system.
    (They will be resolved within the span of business days.)
    Everyone will be given their placeholder server suffix, so you won't be losing anything.
    You people are worrying far more than you need to.

beating-a-dead-horse-gif-5.gif

• Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    This situation could be extremely easy to resolve AND automate:
    The older character (active within the last 6 months) gets to keep the name.

So if I made the character "Superbonkz" on Ruari on 5th of december 2014 and somebody made the character "Superbonkz" on Tarlach on 6th of may 2012, and we've both logged in at least once within 6 months, they get to keep the name, and I'll be the one forced to rename.

This is such a simple, yet effective solution, you'd think it would be standard...
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 26, 2019
    Donk3y wrote: »

Q: Which servers are merging? Why?
    A: Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach will be merged together into a new server, the Nao server. Once the three servers are merged, the population of Nao and Alexina will be similar.

Q: Will my character name be changed during the merge? What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?
    A: Characters (pets, partners, characters) with duplicate names will have their name changed to 'Name+Server', e.g. Name+Mari, Name+Ruairi, Name+Tarlach.

A duplicate name can be a pet, partner, or character name, across these three servers.
    e.g. If a pet is named 'Potato' on one server, and a character is named 'Potato' on another server, both names will be changed.

However, if there are no duplicate character names, the character name will remain unaffected.
    Q: Will I be able to change my character name?
    A: We are working on bringing the name change option for character names after the merge. More information on this option will be provided in a future update.

Q: What happens if an account is inactive during the merge?
    A: All accounts will be merged. However, pet names on inactive accounts will be renamed.

An account is considered inactive if it has not logged in since June 3rd, 2017.
    The pet names will be changed to a sequence of numbers such as, Pet000000 ... Pet123456.

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    What worries me is they still haven't consolidated and answered even half of the butt-load of questions we've asked them in forums and Discord, meanwhile the merge time is creeping ever closer. I want the questions answered in a timely manner so that if there's more things I need to prepare for then I'll have time to do so
    THICCthighssavelivesBuffalos
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 27, 2019

@Darkpixie99 WAIT WAIT WAIT, I can't believe I missed that (and I am archiving that). Where and who did you hear that from? I'm about to be extremely pissed off. So what I said isn't FUD (and it wasn't) even though I had mods and a CM discounting my proof that this could cause a problem??? You and I need to have a serious chat. Because I am sick of this bs.

If that's true, there NO NOTICES ANYWHERE ABOUT THAT and it will cause problems because of lack of information provided to the playerbase. All I wanted was for them to tell the players that 'hey this might screw some bleep up, yall should get divorces to prevent any bugs'. But noooooooooo that's FUD because THEY didn't discover it or remember that post about that one couple. Ok. Alright. Is that how it's going to be? Ok. Once again I feel like I am at the office. Same freaking bs.

Message me please. Thank you.

(This comment has also been archived).
  • GretaGreta
    Well this is embarrassing. Especially from Nexon's point. I can confirm that Nexon never announced anything regarding marriage/family tree or Dressing room. Whatever she saying is so random imo.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 28, 2019
    Well this is embarrassing. Especially from Nexon's point. I can confirm that Nexon never announced anything regarding marriage/family tree or Dressing room. Whatever she saying is so random imo.

Yeah but what if some random GM told her that? Something isn't right here.

Because I know how some of the GM's behind customer service are. You'll be like 'I have this problem, should I do this thing?' and they will be like and reiterate 'yes you should do that thing to fix that problem'. Ticket closed. I mean if it sounds plausible enough and it won't hurt anything they will agree with you. That goes for anyone you deal with in customer service. lol. Never ever tell someone in customer service the potential answer because it will end up turning into a quick case for them to help their metrics. Let them research it for you and provide the answer, if it matches up with what you were thinking or suspecting then cool beans. You both win and you made someone do their freaking job.
  • GretaGreta

Yeah but what if some random GM told her that? Something isn't right here.

Because I know how some of the GM's behind customer service are. You'll be like 'I have this problem, should I do this thing?' and they will be like and reiterate 'yes you should do that thing to fix that problem'. Ticket closed.

So i guess it explains why DarkPixie is taking Nexon's side so much...