Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding Disclaimers

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited May 28, 2019
    > Nexon is recommending people divorce before the merge.
    NO proof provided? No SS, no discord message from Katherz/Nnkeon/Dan/Supreme/Mew, nothing on the announcements? Nothing on the discord? no Ping?
    **PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON PEOPLE DO CRAP AND THEN BLAME THE STAFF** SPreading FUD and lies are NOT Allowed .
    If anyone falls for this you are not allowed to be angry at the staff, or the game or the company or the team and you are only allowed to be angry at yourself.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited May 28, 2019
    I mean if she made that up, that's the reason why speculative comments and research come under fire from staff and mods. Like if I say something it's either speculative or I have stuff to back up what I am saying. Like that whole marriage thing, that's based on a situation where this player convinced a GM to change their name and the GM borked it. I can LINK to comments, I can SHOW images. It's not made up, it's something that actually happened. I don't go willy nilly and speak on Nexon's behalf without proof.

So if what she is saying is true, I would like to see some proof too. Because after everything and that thread from Katherz - that's a pretty irking comment to me. I'm actually hoping it's not true because that's a smack in the face.

C'mon Pixie, time to say something.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Gaea wrote: »
    I mean if she made that up, that's the reason why speculative comments and research come under fire from staff and mods. Like if I say something it's either speculative or I have stuff to back up what I am saying. Like that whole marriage thing, that's based on a situation where this player convinced a GM to change their name and the GM borked it. I can LINK to comments, I can SHOW images. It's not made up, it's something that actually happened. I don't go willy nilly and speak on Nexon's behalf without proof.

So if what she is saying is true, I would like to see some proof too. Because after everything and that thread from Katherz - that's a pretty irking comment to me.

I would like to see this proof, PM them to me, because the GM's would not go around telling one or two people stuff like this without addressing the entire game.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

So if what she is saying is true, I would like to see some proof too. Because after everything and that thread from Katherz - that's a pretty irking comment to me.

I would like to see this proof, PM them to me, because the GM's would not go around telling one or two people stuff like this without addressing the entire game.

Yeah, at least we hope that would be the case. hahahahaha. >_>;;;
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Where and who did you hear that from? I'm about to be extremely pissed off.

I believe this was mentioned somewhere in the Discord. They can test for problems, but marriage and renaming has always been a known issue.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 28, 2019

I believe this was mentioned somewhere in the Discord. They can test for problems, but marriage and renaming has always been a known issue.

By who?

Freaking discord...

Ok I'm calling bs. I have searched carefully through any and all comments concerning 'marriage' for the month of May within the official discord channel. I'm not seeing anything indicating what you said from any staff member (or even a freaking mod) that they said that.
    Greta
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 28, 2019

By who?

I'll have to backtrack and find it all over again to see, was pretty positive it was a pink name.

*Edit*
    If I can't find it, we'll just have to wait for the official Q&A list to be updated to see if they fixed that problem.
    (The old GM name change = no divorce thingy)

Official Livestream
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/423137812
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

By who?

I'll have to backtrack and find it all over again to see, was pretty positive it was a pink name.

*Edit*
    If I can't find it, we'll just have to wait for the official Q&A list to be updated to see if they fixed that problem.
    (The old GM name change = no divorce thingy)

Official Livestream
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/423137812

Uh huh.

I really wish they would update the FAQ. We only have 5 days left and they still haven't updated it. I think the merge is going to be delayed.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Uh huh.
    I really wish they would update the FAQ. We only have 5 days left and they still haven't updated it. I think the merge is going to be delayed.

Still can't seem to find the info, or remember who posted it. Discord is never as helpful as I want it to be.
    Wait, nvm... someone says they saw something on the forums too.
    "maiaToday at 12:39 AM
    There’s mention of it on the forums. Something about if your name changes you can’t get a divorce and your titles have the old names I think."
    Says it's somewhere in General from a few days ago. Wooo, more backtracking. -_-
    Anyways, hopefully they update the Q&A soon. This thread is far off topic by now. XD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 28, 2019
    Uh huh.

Still can't seem to find the info, or remember who posted it. Discord is never as helpful as I want it to be.
    Wait, nvm... someone says they saw something on the forums too.
    "maiaToday at 12:39 AM
    There’s mention of it on the forums. Something about if your name changes you can’t get a divorce and your titles have the old names I think."
    Says it's somewhere in General from a few days ago. Wooo, more backtracking. -_-
    Anyways, hopefully they update the Q&A soon. This thread is far off topic by now. XD

The titles will come up 404 errors.

Sigh...I think they are referencing what I have been saying this entire time. Welp I'm not Nexon, you're not Nexon, we've already established that in this disclaimers thread (lol). Don't speak on behalf of Nexon Pixie. It'll just get you into trouble, ok?

We can only go by what the FAQ currently says and hope they address our concerns and other potential problems.
    Greta
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 28, 2019

Nah, still trying to see if I can find a post where I could've confused a Vmod's word for Nexon's.
    Thread nuking might be why I can't find a thread I'm searching for.
    You never know, it could be fixed by now.
    (If I did confuse a Vmod's word for Nexon, then I need more sleep.)
    Only just repeated what I saw, didn't think anyone would expect any confirmation before the official Q&A update.

@FayeKaiba
    Chill pill, take one. Testing was still in progress last everyone checked. Bug fixes happen, and it probably will get fixed.
    Maybe I was too tired to bother screen shotting anything, and didn't expect to forget it the next morning.
    Maybe I did indeed confuse a Vmod's post for Nexon, and mistyped, I don't know. I'm too tired to deal with this right now.
    Just calm down and wait for the official Q&A updates.

*Edit*
    Since my unconfirmed comment was deleted, take this as unofficial confirmation that a fix could more than likely be in progress.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Nah, still trying to see if I can find a post where I could've confused a Vmod's word for Nexon's.
    Thread nuking might be why I can't find a thread I'm searching for.
    You never know, it could be fixed by now.
    (If I did confuse a Vmod's word for Nexon, then I need more sleep.)
    Only just repeated what I saw, didn't think anyone would expect any confirmation before the official Q&A update.

@FayeKaiba
    Chill pill, take one. Testing was still in progress last everyone checked. Bug fixes happen, and it probably will get fixed.
    Maybe I was too tired to bother screen shotting anything, and didn't expect to forget it the next morning.
    Maybe I did indeed confuse a Vmod's post for Nexon, and mistyped, I don't know. I'm too tired to deal with this right now.
    Just calm down and wait for the official Q&A updates.

*Edit*
    Since my unconfirmed comment was deleted, take this as unofficial confirmation that a fix could more than likely be in progress.

That's fine, we all make mistakes. Yet another reason we need them to update that FAQ.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 28, 2019

That's fine, we all make mistakes. Yet another reason we need them to update that FAQ.

Finding confirmation of a detail I find...
    1pnj69.jpg
    But seriously though... I clearly need more sleep if the alleged comment was as unconfirmed as mine.
    If all comments that "recommend" you do things "just in case" are indeed getting nuked due to bug fixes in progress, then we will have nothing to worry about.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they update the Q&A much faster now because of mistakes like mine, and all the thread locks/deletion.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    brace-yourselves-thread-lock-is-coming.jpg
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Either they do advise annulling mabimarriage or they don't. It seems to me that if you can change your name overseas, as a purchasable service, then there would be something in the overseas text about making sure to undergo an annulment. If this is the case then the mess, that happened to that person here, could be attributed to a GM here not conducting the process properly out of ignorance of the requirements.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 29, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    Either they do advise annulling mabimarriage or they don't. It seems to me that if you can change your name overseas, as a purchasable service, then there would be something in the overseas text about making sure to undergo an annulment. If this is the case then the mess, that happened to that person here, could be attributed to a GM here not conducting the process properly out of ignorance of the requirements.

True. That GM was probably new and probably got fired after that, or at least got put straight to a 3rd. We can only speculate. XD