Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Seal Stone Idea

ArchlunarisArchlunaris
Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
edited June 4, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Good Afternoon Milliteans!

Upon the merge of Tarlach, Mari, and Alexina the seal stones were reset for everyone to break. It was announced to be completed at 10amPST/1pmEST, the server came up at about 6amPST/9amEST. Less than a minute after servers were live every seal stone except avalon broke, and that one broke in about 5 mins. In addition to this most stones appeared to be claimed by alts; In other words, nobody had a fair announced time and chance to break the stones. Only people who didnt have to go to work, werent at school/college, stayed home all day to spam log, or set up an alt bot to spam log had a chance.

So! I propose a new system to make seal stones non-exclusive ever-binding event for all servers (Including Alexina)!

- All seal stones are reset monthly/ bi-monthly (once every two months)/every 6 months/ or yearly on a specific time and day. (Reccomend a weekend evening so its fair to the vast majority of players, or a posted alternating time scale to be fair to EU and AU players too)
- All holders of previous seal breaker titles keep thier title
- Seal breaker titles are limited to one of each title, no stone can be broken twice by the same character
- More than 1 seal stone cannot be broken by the same account during the reset, 1 break per reset (if youre lucky enough to make it to a second one)
- Breaking of seal stones would NOT afffect the ability to open Iria dungeons, Treasure Dungeons, or any other exploration related obstacle/object

My reasoning for this; People eventually stop playing the game, people dont use thier titles, and new players will never get the chance to touch the stones. On Tarlach alone, only two of the seal stones broken still had the names of active players. I think it would be fair for everybody to get a shot at them! Especially with the Avalon seal stone title giving 20max damage and +1 pierce, and whatever future stones we may get that could be just as over powered. Show your support! Lets make this one heard! =D

PLEASE NOTE: OPTION 3 IS NOW 6 Months/Yearly, unable to edit vote selection after post.

Sincerely,
Arch
xSho76
  1. Should Seal Stones Reset?29 votes
    1. Yes, Monthly is great!
       41% (12 votes)
    2. Yes, but it should be Bi-Monthly.
       7% (2 votes)
    3. Yes, but keep it on a consistent unchanging time scale, the frequency doesnt matter.
       21% (6 votes)
    4. No, keep it as it has been.
       31% (9 votes)

Comments

• ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Hey guys! If you vote "No, keep it as it has been" Please post your reason below! It'd be great to help keep the discussion going! Thanks!
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    No lol. None of the titles are worth even getting aside from Avalon and even then Nexon will release titles with piercing anyways.
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Although i can see merit in this comment, that doesnt mean the idea should be thrown out on a "maybe". We dont know when/if a piercing primary title will be released. In its current state, the most busted title in the game belongs to somebody who got lucky.Even if a piercing secondary title comes out, the holder of the original title will then have access to a potential 2 pierce without gear. So as it currently stands, not a fair system. Also to defend the other stones getting a respawn the aestetics of all seal breaker titles are appealing to many. Its cool to have your name posted on something public, like fashion contest, the who made the best dish announcement, or the grandmaster achievements. It doesnt come without purpose.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 4, 2019
    No. Seal stones and their titles will have 0 value after a pretty short time once everyone starts getting the titles. Just look at Iria dungeon titles. This would kill a cool unique feature of the game.

As for people complaining that maint ended early, that's life. It's ended late/early pretty much every other time stones were involved. It should've been expected by anyone who was super duper srs about it.
    THICCthighssavelivesIon
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    At first that would make sense, however this is still a scenario of 10 out of a couple thousand players a month. It would be years before the titles become so commonplace nobody cares. In my opinion, this is still much better than one title for years to come that the original owners may never use.
    DanievictriaYoriden
  • PanPan
    edited June 4, 2019
    Lets be real here guy. You only want it for the internet e-peen. You just want to be 'that guy' with the only title on the server so you can stand around Dunbarton so people can notice you, but this is 2019 now. No one will notice you either way because seal stones are such an old part of the game that died like egos.
    THICCthighssavelivesLavuLavu
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Lets be real here chief. First, unessecary negativity. Second, my idea support MULTIPLE people getting the seal stone titles, so even if I wanted to be the only one I wouldn't be. Third, publicity has nothing to do with it for me, the only one im personally hung up on is Avalon because of how broken it is. Lastly, if you have nothing constructive to add to the argument, don't add anything. This isn't a competition of who has the biggest ego, its an argument of fairness for all players. If you are this inflexible to change, the feedback and suggestions thread isn't for you, just my opinion.
  • PanPan
    Avalon seal title is not broken. 1 piercing is not going to flip the world and make you god.
    LavuLavu
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    edited June 4, 2019
    It will not, nothing in this game technically does that (unless I give you a meme answer and say demi or nascent, lol). However it does allow you to have piercing on anything, even bare hands (just like the destructive robe which is +3 pierce). Sure you cant stack it on weapons that don't have a base piercing level with 67th, but pierce with bare hands on any weapon you pick up is nuts (example guns, or shuriken). By itself its not broken, paired with other things it is. Also, you realize you are arguing against yourself being able to use it or any other title too right? At this point, either one you have the title and want nobody else to have it, or two you are just here to flame because you have nothing better to do. As ive said, please add something constructive or find another post to contribute to. Have a great day!
  • MaiaMaia
    It would probably take less than a year for people to stop (generally) caring about the seal stones if they reset twice a month. It took about that long for nobody to care about Iria dungeons.

I'm sorry you didn't get a seal stone for whatever reason. That's life. I tried for half a dozen stones (that I actually laid hands on) and it still boils down to pure RNG. I mean that and having a plan as well as commitment (even those don't raise your odds a ton). It's a cool feature of the game which is why you and so many others covet it. Like Pan said, mostly for epeen (not saying there aren't other reasons though). To change it as you suggested would be to make it something vastly different. That's just a fact.

Maybe your suggestion should be centered around adding more dungeons to Iria which move and have exclusive titles to those who find them or something. That sounds like what you really want. Well I mean what you probably really want is to be a seal breaker, as they are right now. But what you're suggesting is closer to more Iria dungeons.
    IonLavuLavu
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited June 4, 2019
    Monthly or bi-monthly is way too common. I understand the frustration of it being once-ever, especially when a user you dislike, or a username that is unappealing will be stuck on there eternally. However, like was mentioned above, having it reset so often will make it near-completely undesired, just like the Iria dungeons, Iria bridges, or the fashion contest podium, or royal alchemist, or any other commonly resetting system in the game.

Additionally, this would be a problem with such a common reset time:
    Seal breaker titles are limited to one of each title, no stone can be broken twice by the same character
    - More than 1 seal stone cannot be broken by the same account during the reset, 1 break per reset (if youre lucky enough to make it to a second one)

As is, there have been multiple times where I've tried to go to an Iria dungeon, or cross from Filia into Rano/Courcle and have been unable to because no one has bothered to discover the dungeon/bridges. If you limit a character to never being able to break any stone again, you will be preventing a lot of players being able to even go to certain locations without the usage of moon gates or having to find a friend who has never broken a single seal stone before.

Edit: I see now that you were saying they could break multiple stones, just not the same one twice, and only once per reset. I still believe the same issue will arise as a lot of people just won't care and if you happen to have that title already, or need to go to two dungeons soon after each other, you can still encounter the same problem. I've kept track of Iria dungeon resets for my guild before and offered to help people get the title, including searching around with l-rods for the dungeon so they can find it. No one ever took me up on the offer despite most not having even one of the titles, because no one actually cares. The title doesn't do anything and it's just straight-up not special when it resets so often.

If they are to set up a reset for the stones, I think it should be once a year, minimum. This is the only way to keep the demand to break them up while also keeping the restrictions of one-per user, and also dodging limiting access of users.
  • PanPan
    If you only care about the piercing from Avalon title then you should’ve suggested they release more titles with piercing in the future.
    MaiaLavuLavu
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I think this is a good idea. I said monthly since I don't know if bi-monthly is twice a month or every second month.
  • MaiaMaia
    Pan wrote: »
    If you only care about the piercing from Avalon title then you should’ve suggested they release more titles with piercing in the future.

Yeah. If you want a piercing title, that's one suggestion. If you want epeen, your suggestion would kill that (by devaluing it). If you want a special title that is only available every x amount of time, you want Iria dungeons.
    Pan
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    @ Ion:
    The breaking of the seal stones would not affect any iria locations OR opening of the hidden dungeons (such as karu, fillia). Ill add that above. Also, once again 1 title per thousand+ players monthly or bi-monthly is still a very tiny percentage. I feel like a year is too infrequent and it creates the same problem. Whenever the server happens to be up that day its gone. But I can understand the need to keep it special.

@Maia:
    I would definitely support more dungeons, but I feel that's the more unlikely of the two options, but suggesting the release of a main title with pierce is a favorable alternative.

Seeing as how everyone is concerned about de-valuing the stones, ill add a 6 month and 1 year option above. Granted, I still feel this is too infrequent, but everyone is right about the need for them to feel special. Would take much longer to devalue the stones, and it would definitely be a great thing to look forward to on anniversaries!
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    @ Helsa:
    Every 2nd month, 6 times a year
  • PanPan
    edited June 4, 2019
    Seems like you're just mad about not getting a seal breaker title seeing as you keep trying to push for a change on seal stones. Sorry nobody123 had to get it before you. You should've tried harder. You snooze, you lose.
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    @ Pan

Honestly im not, I actually tried to get the Math seal breaker title this run. Being a giant, Avalon is not that feasible for me when im against an army of humans. Its a little more feasible when im against fewer. Not to mention any seal breaker title would be cool to have, not just Avalon (even though its busted). So again, im disappointed at the system, not the specific outcome of what just happened. If any time is a good time to change it, now is the time when the server movers had an opportunity to touch that ancient coding again and gain some insight on it. Again and again you seem to perpetuate a destructive nature toward this idea, yet you have not contributed anything to this thread with the exception of the piercing title idea. You seem to default to this mentality of "Seal stones are useless, I don't need or want them, so why should anybody else?". Please contribute something progressive towards the useage of Seal Stones, or leave the thread. If you would like to suggest in other places additional ideas to the game that would supercede the need for stones please post your own thread. Thank you.
    HisahimeGretaDraechKitini
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 4, 2019
    Pan wrote: »
    Seems like you're just mad about not getting a seal breaker title seeing as you keep trying to push for a change on seal stones. Sorry nobody123 had to get it before you. You should've tried harder. You snooze, you lose.

And it seems like you are only here to be rude and insult others.
    Draech
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    @ Ion:
    The breaking of the seal stones would not affect any iria locations OR opening of the hidden dungeons (such as karu, fillia). Ill add that above. Also, once again 1 title per thousand+ players monthly or bi-monthly is still a very tiny percentage. I feel like a year is too infrequent and it creates the same problem. Whenever the server happens to be up that day its gone. But I can understand the need to keep it special.

I never said that the seal stones would affect Iria locations or hidden dungeons. I said that it would be the same scenario. If the current seal stones were to have such a frequent reset, the same issues would arise with Ciar, Math, Rabbie and Fiodh dungeons. As well, passage ways between places would become an issue, especially if the requirements for breaking a seal stone are kept in place.

You are presenting a system that is the same as one already in place (Iria dungeons, bridges). So instead of theorizing how well it would work based off of your imagination, you should be looking at actual examples of how well it currently works based off of an existing system that is practically the exact same as what you are proposing. The fact is: currently there are issues with iria dungeons/bridges because nobody cares about them because their reset times are too common and they are no longer seen as anything special. If you make seal stones follow this system, then the same results will follow. In order to not inconvenience players, you have to keep the time for breaking them uncommon enough to make the titles still worth the bragging rights - because the current stats won't attract anyone.
    Maia