Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How often do you buy NX?

LokitinLokitin
Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
in General Chat
Do you regularly spend money on NX? I’ve been wondering about this for awhile. I’ve spent maybe $20 over 5 years for a couple of helpful pets, otherwise I pretty much consider myself “f2p”. Gachapons seem super popular though, and it seems like some people make a weekly allowance to buy the latest NX releases. I’m just curious to see how common that is, and whether f2p players are as rare as they seem.
  1. How often do you buy NX?48 votes
    1. Frequently
       21% (10 votes)
    2. Occasionally, only when something I really want is on sale
       50% (24 votes)
    3. Never / Once in a blue moon, as a treat
       29% (14 votes)

Comments

• SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Past me, very frequently. At least $3000 into the game.

Nowadays I make much better choices. I'm a recovered gachaholic.
    Jayy124KensamaofmariSherriLaticija
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I used to buy NX, like 3k as well.
    But I stopped years ago.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Dam, 3k. That's like A LOT. Jesus Christ... Probably my 6 months worth of pay.
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Past me, very frequently. At least $3000 into the game.

Nowadays I make much better choices. I'm a recovered gachaholic.
    Sai wrote: »
    I used to buy NX, like 3k as well.
    But I stopped years ago.

Ahhh I would’ve put that as a poll option if I thought about it. Good for y’all :) No shame in supporting the game, but I’m glad you’ve recovered from what may have been a harmful habit.
  • GretaGreta
    This is why gacha needs to be banned lol.
    PlatinaKokiDanievictriaAlshianSherriTheNyanCatLastSaturdayLaticija
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Used to be frequent, got hooked but fortunately (hah) only spent about 1k on it....
    I basically only buy pets and the like now, so not as much spending. Gachas are basically banned to me now XP
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 13, 2019
    $0 for the last year or so. Gachapons (And Mabinogi between updates) just stopped interesting me, and I am a college student now. I think I just do not have the same interest in video games as I did. Fantasy life? How about real life?
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Fantasy life? How about real life?
    I thought the whole point in fantasy life was to escape real life. D:
    cookiewoo
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited June 13, 2019
    Used to buy a lot, probably around $3.6k since I made this account in 2016. This year I've done better probably only spent about $100 so far. Now I buy mostly pon to get the style slot for both my characters, so I picked frequently but the amount isn't as much as you'd think.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 13, 2019
    Once you hit your post-allowance years, this game isn't so expensive. I'll buy NX, if something comes on sale and I don't have enough, otherwise I buy a whole bunch for the annual American Thanksgiving annual 50%-off sale on Premium; I have a dead guild to maintain after all. :P
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    9 years into playing and I haven't reached $200 yet.
    It's more about discipline in an individual's budget than gacha's fault.
  • GretaGreta

True, but still companies decide to exploit such people.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Most of what I spent, later became achievable by that wonderful rollback service of Mayor Duncan; alas.
    edited June 13, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »

Most of what I spent, later became achievable by that wonderful rollback service of Mayor Duncan; alas.

Oof
    Greta wrote: »

True, but still companies decide to exploit such people.

Yes, that's what businesses do
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

True, but I feel sad seeing that I don't even have Rank A Campfire skills in real life, nor 900 strength.

True, but I feel sad seeing that I don't even have Rank A Campfire skills in real life, nor 900 strength.

Get a campfire kit! Jk. You are probably feeling the effects of the world post final exams and real life can't seem to stay away from your grasp.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    $0 this past year.

It's all gone to mobile games.

Which are much more generous with their Gacha than Nexon.
    KensamaofmariGretaTheNyanCat
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Eh, if I see a gacha that I really like I'll drop $15 on it to test my luck. I typically stop after that.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    i dont ever buy gacha - if i have loose nx from a purchase ill spend the remains on a gacha box. but i always favor more often then not buying more straight forward purchasable items. not ones that may not satisfy me after purchase like a gacha...
    but they keep taking more and more of those options and making them gacha, i keep spending less and less then i normally would...
    Sherri
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I think I only spent below 1k on this game afterwards I just stop giving them my money till i feel the need too or want too.

Outdated VIP? psh good luck getting money out of me for possible waste on outdated stuff, as for gacha? I don't feel the need too and had also made keen decisions on how i spend money on. No longer after the possible chances of getting what I want by bringing my wallet this time I am after the prize with no bullshet. Beauty coupons? HAH id understand if using one means keeping the hair forever without additional coupons in order to use the same said hair or eyes Id prefer to throw pons after unlocking them with coupons. I already have enough pets that prove good enough and selling us EVEN better pets to make us buy is just even more pay to win.

There are some dumb moves they pulled but wish they don't make us revisit the gacha just to get our old looks back again.
    Sherristarkiller1286