Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Does anyone RP in this game anymore?

IscaroitIscaroit
Mabinogi Rep: 890
in Alexina Chat
I remember back around the good old days of 2016-17 when there was a pretty decent Role Play base going on in Mabinogi, and some interesting and engaging story lines I crafted along with some RP buddies. I've gotten back into the game and would very much like to start RPing again, but there doesn't seem to be anyone doing it now. Am I right about this, or are there some stealthy RP servers moving through the shadows I don't know about (and if so, what do I gotta bribe you with to get in)?

Comments

• justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Iscaroit wrote: »
    I remember back around the good old days of 2016-17 when there was a pretty decent Role Play base going on in Mabinogi, and some interesting and engaging story lines I crafted along with some RP buddies. I've gotten back into the game and would very much like to start RPing again, but there doesn't seem to be anyone doing it now. Am I right about this, or are there some stealthy RP servers moving through the shadows I don't know about (and if so, what do I gotta bribe you with to get in)?

No one is stopping you from doing so.
    But the community is diverse in age so make sure everyone keeps it from being a problem.

• GravewaveGravewave
    Mabinogi Rep: 310

No one is stopping you from doing so.
    But the community is diverse in age so make sure everyone keeps it from being a problem.

this isn't really isn't a helpful reply at all. op is asking if there's any rp communities since there doesn't seem to be any. you can't just walk around mabi rping and expect people to go with it.

azurskies
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I do it all the time.
  • IscaroitIscaroit
    I do it all the time.

Doing it solo can be pretty fun, but I'm more wondering if there are any dedicated communities left around, groups of people who would meet semi-regularly just to RP.
  • nibblesthecatnibblesthecat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    edited June 15, 2019
    We have one on Tarlach if you haven't invested too much on Alexina already.

*Tarlach*

We have one on NAO
    -_-
  • IscaroitIscaroit
    We have one on Tarlach if you haven't invested too much on Alexina already.

*Tarlach*

We have one on NAO
    -_-

I feel your pain, brother, I'm still referring to the old servers by name as well. I put a decent amount of time into Mari before I switched, and would love to hop in with you! Any IGN I should message?
  • nibblesthecatnibblesthecat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    Rifka+Tarlach, Sumre, or Elfie+Tarlach
  • IscaroitIscaroit
    I'll reach out, hope to see you all in game!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

That kind of thing is usually concentrated in specialsed guilds, as you need everyone to be on board, since non-RP folks don't tend to play along.. Their blurb page should indicate them as such. I don't know any RP oriented guilds. That's not to say that they don't exist, it's just that, I personally, am not into it so wouldn't know.
    Imaizumi
  • AlleyaneAlleyane
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    I still RP on Alexina! (...if I can find people lol) I feel your pain though, so if you're by any chance interested on being on Alexina still, you could always send me a message~ (IGN Alleyane)

(this is a late reply I'm sorry!)
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I stay in character almost all the time. my character is like a extended part of my personality that I only show on mabi or other mmos. sometimes it is fun to RP and act weird around random people, it is amusing to play mind games and mess with people to a extent. transformation mastery is also a great way to add fun to a RP, scaring players making Duncan use the boastbody gesture, dancing goblins, and monsters playing rock, paper, scissors. both of my most common character names Negumiko and Niezumiko both have their own background story and personality so in a way that is always a RP cause breaking character and making them act any different would be like killing a close friend I have known for years. yeah I take mabi way to seriously, that is just the price for having no life I guess XD
  • RelinquishedRelinquished
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,635

Roleplay is not okay anymore. It is not tolerated. Trust me, my faith in many things from this game has fallen.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    RP is weird. It creates too much cringe and miscommunication. I think it's only okay to do it with your own circle of friends, but other than that NOPE.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited January 25, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    RP is weird. It creates too much cringe and miscommunication. I think it's only okay to do it with your own circle of friends, but other than that NOPE.

True that. I remember when Helsa was but a brand new character and I was still in my Physis cold weather gear but I was outside of Filia. This guy is like, "Aren't you too warm in that?" and I'm like, "It's a video game, who cares!" and they're like "I know, I'm just role playing" and I'm like, "Made you break the fourth wall, I win."
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I RP as a diabolical Taco set on to spread my domain all over the world in my image!

Bow down pathetic none Taco fools! For I can only be the true Taco~ :B
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 6, 2020
    Alshian wrote: »
    I RP as a diabolical Taco set on to spread my domain all over the world in my image!

Bow down pathetic none Taco fools! For I can only be the true Taco~ :B

Pah! The Great Burrito is the true ruler of the Tex/Mex culinary world! But then again, I actually like Taco Bell . . . where I get burritoes.
  • LaegLaeg
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I'm open to RP so if anyone's interested just IM/DM me please. I'm Laegchariot on Alexina and have 7+ years RP experience. :)