Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G23 Investigation Notebook Extras (Minor Spoilers)

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
You know that book you get during G23 that has entries for various topics you come across throughout G23's story?
You open it up and you can choose whichever topic you want and reread the information you have on it.

Well, randomly when reaching the end of a topic's entry, you might find some little note or something stuck in the margins or something, and they have various unimportant bits of text.

It doesn't seem like the text relates to whatever topic you were reading when you found it, you can just read the same entry over and over again and randomly get different messages.

Stuff like this:
09b18eedfa.png
3fdfc28eb1.png
fbae421ca5.png

And this:
3d7c97240d.png
274eb541d8.png

There's other messages, too, but it doesn't seem to indicate who the messages are from.
Not directly, but another message makes it seem like it's Altam who wrote them:
dc6f7d650d.png
So maybe they're all from Altam. I guess he must have started another diary after he gave you his old one at the end of the other Generation.

I just thought it was neat how there's bits and bobs of extra stuff to see if you just take time to sit around and read the book you got.
They seem to have been doing that a lot with the recent Gens, similar to how you can talk to NPCs that aren't the one you directly need to talk with to advance the quest and they'll actually have something to say rather than just a message saying you should talk to the other person.

As an example, the scene before you get the book has Llywelyn walk to a secluded area of the castle to talk with you in private.
But instead of just rushing over there, you can stick back and talk with Eirawen, Marleid, and Piran and they have actual things to say, rather than just cookie-cutter "Go talk to Llywelyn."
041013f20f.png
5dcc1eab5b.png
e827c69376.png

Lots of stuff like that in these two past Gens, and I eat that stuff right up.
Sherri

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I deleted that stuff, it was taking up too much room.
    Iyasenu