Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

LF> Suggestions/ideas/opinions please.

ShoogShoog
Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
edited August 14, 2019 in Nao Chat
I'll begin with a little bit of info. Before the server merger, Mari server had always had a life skills services thread (archived here) in which fellow Marians would offer their life skill services to others, usually for free as long as the player provided their own mats. The thread/chart was originally created by fellow forumer/Marian Displeased (Yuwyn). I took over the thread to help keep it going/updated after Yuwyn left. The chart originally was created in HTML but I had to recreate it in Adobe InDesign when HTML was disabled on the old forums (if I recall?).

Before the server merger, the thread was attempting to discuss what should be done for making a new thread/charts after the merger, however the old server's sections were archived so the discussion within the thread couldn't continue. I'd like to get more suggestions/ideas/opinions from everyone now that we are one server (sorry Alexina, though a chart can be created for your server if you'd like!).

@Anemki had a great idea with color coding charts for each server. I know many of us have changed our character names to remove the +server tag though.

Maybe there could still be colored charts for each server if everyone wanted to be kept in sorted groups representing their old server?
Or, maybe just keep the existing chart? Example.
Or, just a completely new chart?
Or... idk.

The last thing I wanted to mention is that I've been pretty busy since June due to working in a resort town (Summer is a brutal time...), so I may not be able to keep things updated as frequently as I'd like for at least a couple more months. So, if anyone would like to help me keep things updated once created, or even possibly just taking over the task, then just shoot me a PM here on the forum or on Discord.
  1. Chart Options?15 votes
    1. Create separate charts representing each of the 3 previous servers.
       13% (2 votes)
    2. Continue use the original InDesign chart.
       20% (3 votes)
    3. Design an entirely new chart.
       60% (9 votes)
    4. Sumthin' else?
       7% (1 vote)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I would prefer something that doesn't look like a huge block and would be easy to read as more people are added to the list.
    Whenever you get that new list going, I finally got my cooking to R4.
  • TabariTabari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    I rather liked the format as it was, but you can do whatever is more efficient to you. I'll update you on my skills when you upload it (got a lot done).
  • DreamdrinkerDreamdrinker
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    If this ever gets updated, I'll be glad (and feel accomplished) being put on the table.
    Kensamaofmari
    We'll have to see if Shoog has time October/November.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited October 13, 2019
    #betterlatethannever
    I suggest going with two options at once - but change one to another when or if the player count on the list becomes too high. You could start with adding a small column with letters for servers, i.e. T(arlach), M(ari) and R(uairi). I like the color differentiation idea more, but it seems harder in terms of mental resources, which may make some people feel utterly uncomfortable. However, I honestly don't see why you have to mention former servers in such a chart in the first place, because the crafting services are now shared between all of them. And, as I've written, if the player count becomes too high, the chart may become too big and thus also mentally uncomfy, and at that point we should come up with a new chart design.