Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet EXP From Playing Music

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
edited September 20, 2019 in General Chat
Along with the Fantastic Melody Update, pets can now gain EXP from a few additional sources, but this time I want to ask about the EXP a Pet gets from your character using Playing Instrument nearby.

Now, I don't have a lot of Info, but it seems a song needs to be at least a certain amount of time in order for a pet to even get EXP from the song when it finishes.

I've done only two tests, but here are my results:
1) I played an ~1 minute Yvona Renown Grind scroll taken off the Bard Board.
This gave my pet ~12.4k EXP upon completion.

2) I then played a custom scroll that was just "T32L1." followed by 60 Rs.
This gave my pet 138,375 EXP upon completion, but naturally took a whole lot longer to complete one playthrough. (~11.25 minutes)

Which is basically the same EXP/minute, just a whole lot longer between completions.
Anyone else done any experimenting?
I haven't tested the 3+ Player Jam Session EXP Bonus at all, so that kind of information would be news to me.

Edit: As extra information, it seems Pets only get the EXP and PRP if the song counts as a Normal/Great Success. Playing the scroll badly or very badly don't count.
pawcalypseAlexisEU