Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon pls tone down the amount of concurent events

Comments

• xSho76xSho76
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    With the Fantastic Melody event they didn't give us much option other than to AFK because the majority of people cannot sit and play one game for that many hours. Even if you don't have commitments there's still sleeping, cleaning, etc that ppl gotta do. It's either that or not getting many Melodies to get the rewards. Plus, doing the RPS 300 times was ridiculously tedious. These kind of events aren't enjoyable.

I hope this new event will be more interesting.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    xSho76 wrote: »
    With the Fantastic Melody event they didn't give us much option other than to AFK because the majority of people cannot sit and play one game for that many hours. Even if you don't have commitments there's still sleeping, cleaning, etc that ppl gotta do. It's either that or not getting many Melodies to get the rewards. Plus, doing the RPS 300 times was ridiculously tedious. These kind of events aren't enjoyable.

I hope this new event will be more interesting.

If the goal is to have some real adventure like event, we're probably not going to get one. Most of the events will be similar. People enjoy efficiency and quick quests in active events.It's going to take a lot of work and effort to produce something that people will fully enjoy.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Miliardo wrote: »
    Back to back events are fine if they are sustainable, the real problem is the nature of the events. They all have some afk element to them designed with the idea of keeping you logged in to artificially inflate server activity. It's a cheap shortcut to making the game appear thriving, when in reality 90% of the player base is not even looking at the game screen. These events take little effort while giving the most activity increase. Unfortunately I don't see them changing strategies anytime soon.

its sad but true.
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    oh look, another fishing event... joy *twitches*

You mean eye twitch?
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470

You mean eye twitch?

no, my whole body is twitching with contained rage joy
    Kensamaofmari

You mean eye twitch?

no, my whole body is twitching with contained rage joy

Oh, ok glad you're enjoying it.
    Wolfsinger
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    One afk(reasonable within 36min-1hr) event
    One active farming event(with a fair cutoff)

I'd say make this the norm...Every 2 weeks would be fair. Keep one week clean of events to let people do perma contents. And one week for reserved for Other kind of events.

exceptions would be collabs,holidays,specials, etc. While those are on we can disrupt the usual events programming.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I actually think I'm gonna have to skip over the Moonlight one and just afk.......midterms are coming by and the pace is picking up. My time is over XD