Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Family Weekend Fishing

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Does the reclusive fisherman only give you bonus bait that one time?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Once a day it and only on weekends.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crims wrote: »

Isn't that Papa Fisherman that does that? I mean if I give that guy another +260 will he give me another bonus 500 bait?
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Helsa wrote: »

Isn't that Papa Fisherman that does that? I mean if I give that guy another +260 will he give me another bonus 500 bait?

It's only that one time once you've got the "Aquatic Ecosystem Cleanup" event quest. Turning in any more +260 cm fish will just update your record on the board.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I still haven't gotten a 260.00 fish. What do? :(
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 26, 2019

How...? I have gotten over 30 of those for sure by now... I also finally fished up 300 cm one yesterday.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Not much, really. A lot of it's RNG.

1) Get Rank 1 Fishing
    There's a fish size modifier from each rank of the Fishing Skill.

2) Wear a 2nd title that increases chance of catching a bigger fish
    This includes SAO Nishida, Shenon, and Ice Fisher 2nd Titles. (Not the Anastasia/Re:ZERO 2nd title though, that's just auto-fishing success, not size)

3) Manually catch a fish
    There's a size penalty alongside auto-fishing. At rank 1 the penalty modifier is 90%, so it's basically a 10% penalty at that rate.
    For the context of the event, you only ever need to pay attention to when the fishing alert says "big one", as that's the only one that can be the non-dead Gilded Glubber of maybe sufficient size.

4) Reforges
    Not really that enticing if you have literally anything else to reforge, but there's two reforges for fish size:
    Automatic Fishing Catch Size, +1cm per level
    Fishing Fish Size, +0.25cm per level
    You could get lucky with NPC reforges and settle for level 2 of the reforge effect/s.
    The automatic fish size reforge can make a little difference. And it's better than nothing.

It's up to chance otherwise, good luck!
    CrimsọnSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Iyasenu wrote: »

1) Get Rank 1 Fishing

This includes SAO Nishida, Shenon, and Ice Fisher 2nd Titles. (Not the Anastasia/Re:ZERO 2nd title though, that's just auto-fishing success, not size)

3) Manually catch a fish
    There's a size penalty alongside auto-fishing. At rank 1 the penalty modifier is 90%, so it's basically a 10% penalty at that rate.
    For the context of the event, you only ever need to pay attention to when the fishing alert says "big one", as that's the only one that can be the non-dead Gilded Glubber of maybe sufficient size.

4) Reforges
    Not really that enticing if you have literally anything else to reforge, but there's two reforges for fish size:
    You could get lucky with NPC reforges and settle for level 2 of the reforge effect/s.
    The automatic fish size reforge can make a little difference. And it's better than nothing.

I don't have the patience to manual fish with my ADD. XD
    IyasenuWolfsinger
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Iyasenu wrote: »

1) Get Rank 1 Fishing

3) Manually catch a fish

4) Reforges

I don't have the patience to manual fish with my ADD. XD

It's not needed, with just r1 and a proper 2nd title you should be able to get a 300cm fish, let alone a 260cm one.
    Manually fishing is a boring last resort method.
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2019
    You must be really bored to sit through 5 hours of fishing and waiting for "big one" prompts.
    IyasenuWolfsinger
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Greta wrote: »
    You must be really bored to sit through 5 hours of fishing and waiting for "big one" prompts.

It'd be more of a FROM sitting through 5 hours of fishing than a TO sit through it kind of thing.

But, I ain't actually doing this, PLEEEEASE. Manually fishing is hella tedious!
    It's an option though if you really, really want to maximize your chance of getting a big enough Gilded Glubber and have literally nothing else you would rather be doing.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I put fishing automatic success size 2 on my pole. Hopefully that helps.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    I put fishing automatic success size 2 on my pole. Hopefully that helps.

Auto Success? Not Auto Fish Size?
    If you have r1 Fishing and are wearing one of the fishing 2nd titles, you should have 100% auto fishing success rate.
    Of course, below r1 you could still benefit from the success reforge.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 26, 2019
    bleep
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2019
    bloop
  • HelsaHelsa
    Considering how many folks are NOT gonna get 300+, that reward title better suck big time.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Helsa wrote: »
    Considering how many folks are NOT gonna get 300+, that reward title better suck big time.

Someone posted it somewhere, but the title IS basically just for collectors.
    The only thing the Fishing Savant title gives is +25 Luck.

It won't be the end of most peoples' worlds if they don't manage to get it.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Last night I got a 299.00 cm fish.
    I'm still incredibly pissed off.
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sherri wrote: »
    Last night I got a 299.00 cm fish.
    I'm still incredibly pissed off.

299, that's triggering.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    I got exactly 300 cm... xD I want to reach better though.