Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Family Weekend Fishing

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    I got exactly 300 cm... xD I want to reach better though.

Was that with manual fishing?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Crims wrote: »

Nope. I hate manual fishing, it's too tricky for me. You actually can fish up 5 star fishes with auto fishing as well, it just takes time and luck.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Nope. I hate manual fishing, it's too tricky for me. You actually can fish up 5 star fishes with auto fishing as well, it just takes time and luck.

My rng is cursed.
    Wolfsinger
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You must be really bored to sit through 5 hours of fishing and waiting for "big one" prompts.

Well, how else are people going to become master baiters?

Oh wait, you're talking about fishing.
    Kensamaofmari
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    You must be really bored to sit through 5 hours of fishing and waiting for "big one" prompts.

stawp D:

They already ran out of tissues.
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I wish we had that title on Mabinogi. XD
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

My best, so far, auto-fishing is 297. Since the title is apparently 25 luck, which is good, but I have other titles that do the same or better, I'll just keep auto-fishing and if I decide to get panicky about it, maybe I'll manual for the last 500er tin on Nov. 10.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I caught 2 260s manually at R8 fishing.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited October 29, 2019
    300cm+ can be obtained via Auto-Fishing, but, I believe, requires Rank 1 Fishing, a good Fishing Title, and probably a combination of Luck/Dex-Stat. When my (with Rank 1 Fishing & Rank 1 Production-Mastery) character caught the 305cm Fish via AUTO, the Fishing Rod used was a (Blessed) Life Exploration Fishing Rod, with no Enchants either on Prefix nor Suffix, Reforged to 3 Rank Dexterity 1 Level, Primary Title of The Busy and Secondary Title was SAO Nishida. Location of Fishing was at the far, Far, FAR South-East Corner of Emain Macha to the South-East of the East Emain Macha Mana-Tunnel, and, if I remember correctly, was probably on Channel 7, Alexina-Server.

I don't remember what other equipment my Avatar was wearing at the time, nor what equipment-enchants may have affected which stats nor their numbers, but, I think the elven-version of the Chinese Dragon-Set was being worn, and, if any, the enchants that may have been on them are probably irrelevant. Over all of the Event-Baits that have been given out since the beginning of the Event, that was the only fish caught that has exceeded 300cm in length, and, currently, I still have literally 1700 of those Boy's Lost Box items yet to be opened, even though a few hundred have already been opened prior this response.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

No thanks, I don't want to be reminded of my love life.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

It would bring a whole new meaning to the concept of having a bonus. o.O
    Morold
  • GretaGreta
    Just came back home and found my record size fish - 308 cm.

For now i'm gonna be first in the board. But not for long i bet, cause someone might catch those 309-311 cm ones or maybe even better.
    Iyasenu
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

For now i'm gonna be first in the board. But not for long i bet, cause someone might catch those 309-311 cm ones or maybe even better.

Now does this mean you also earned the Fishing Savant title, as well?
  • GretaGreta
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Now does this mean you also earned the Fishing Savant title, as well?

I already earned it last week by fishing up 300 cm one. I just wanted to reach better records. :)
    Iyasenu
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Another great event that requires players to be active and co-operate to enjoy dynamics of mabinogi and have spectacular experience
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hey, a small detail I noticed since I was finally able to fish up a 300cm fish.
    (It was 309cm caught while Auto-Fishing with r1 Fishing and Ice Fisher 2nd title and Fishing Automatic Fishing Catch Size 2 Level reforged regular fishing rod)

But the miscellaneous NPCs that are standing around the event area actually say different stuff if you're wearing the Fishing Savant title.

Sensitive Fisher:
    6eab383097.png

Newbie Fisher:
    f63a60250c.png

Unlucky Fisher:
    875b30d54a.png

Hopeless Fisher:
    2d0241f548.png

I like little details like this with NPCs.
    It's a shame they don't have any unique "gift refusal" dialogue like NPCs in many previous events had. They all just default to either "..." or "Unable to gift."
    SaiWolfsinger