Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Received help from a NUA?

KttyKtty
Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
in General Chat
I know not everyone uses the forums (especially new players) but I was curious maybe just how many have. Have you ever been helped by a New User Ambassador before?

I know I've helped quite a few new players since (and even before) I've become a NUA. I would like to hear from all of you players that have been helped by a NUA at some point!
  1. Have you received help from a NUA?36 votes
    1. Yes!
       22% (8 votes)
    2. Nope
       58% (21 votes)
    3. What is a NUA?
       19% (7 votes)

Comments

• andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    I do feel that the biggest flaw in the NUA program is that it simply isn't well known by most of the new player base. The forums aren't usually the first place you check, and there isn't a pop up signifying that NUAs are around to help when you make a new character.
  • KttyKtty
    andrewngn13

I do feel that the biggest flaw in the NUA program is that it simply isn't well known by most of the new player base. The forums aren't usually the first place you check, and there isn't a pop up signifying that NUAs are around to help when you make a new character.
    It's true that many new players don't realize about us. That's why I personally go actively looking for new players myself (as do other NUA's).
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,760
    edited December 16, 2016
    I would have to agree Ktty, that we aren't well known about.. I try to help every single person that I come across, yet that new altruist bubble never seems to pop up when I'm around.. And I'm online cost to 70% of the day.. I even remote in from work.. I only seem to receive requests for blacksmithing, enchanting, and dungeon run help..
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    edited December 16, 2016
    I've cone across a few new players that knew what NUA were and asked for help, but for the most part it's just been met randomly through the game.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    edited December 16, 2016
    *EDIT* MissFortune PM'd me in game and told me she's one, so then I guess I have seen one but I don't know who they are.
    I actually forgot we even had NUA's, nor have I really seen one I'm pretty sure. It'd probably be more helpful if they put it somewhere in game what an NUA is and who are the NUA's in your server for the newbies.
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    Zerul said:

*EDIT* MissFortune PM'd me in game and told me she's one, so then I guess I have seen one but I don't know who they are.
    I actually forgot we even had NUA's, nor have I really seen one I'm pretty sure. It'd probably be more helpful if they put it somewhere in game what an NUA is and who are the NUA's in your server for the newbies.
    If there was a way to give newbies a note item that opened up and gave a list of players to contact if they needed assistance.. at the moment it was just word of mouth, the old hidden newbie support section on the old forum, and the ungodly pink wings we use..
    With how big Mabi is, its hard to find a set of small pink wings.. New players on this game are usually younger kids, who don't know how to navigate forums well.. And word of mouth is only as good as your social skills in this world..

In other words.. if you want someone known about, you kinda have to spell it out to their faces in a way that makes them remember.

• andrewngn13andrewngn13
    I mean there is the old SOS system. I can confirm from my super old open beta account that the button still exists.

Whether it works is a different matter.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Forgot we had those tbh. :o

I just offer help or just companionship to whoever I think needs it.
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    edited December 16, 2016
    andrewngn13

I mean there is the old SOS system. I can confirm from my super old open beta account that the button still exists.

Whether it works is a different matter.
    That right there would be an amazing thing to have working for newbie support. Altruism is a nice system, don't get me wrong.. but for a newbie to get an instant assistant summoned to them? It would be nice.

Summoning an NUA from the list of online characters would be easier on us, and them.
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    The SOS system does send notes, I've gotten a few though most are players on alts seeing if it still woeks.

There is a notice for newbies that mentions the NUA system in game, but it doesn't have a list of characters and since we've had quite a few replacements I don't think an in game list would work out so well.
    But I would like to see something more to notify newbies that these players are here to help them.

Most newbies note or come to me because I'm an NUA, but on rare occasions I do find some asking for help around towns.
  • KttyKtty
    So only14% so far voted that they didn't know what a NUA is. That's honestly better than I thought it would be even with so few votes so far.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    People always ask me about anything involving alchemy...I wonder why.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I haven't received any help, but I'm not a beginner anyways, so that doesn't matter.

I wish they had an in-game help window/notification system for the New User Ambassadors.
    If I wasn't a checker of the Forums, I would never have even known NUAs were a thing.
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

So only14% so far voted that they didn't know what a NUA is. That's honestly better than I thought it would be even with so few votes so far.
    Admittedly I think you have a bad sample distribution. All of us are forum-goers who are relatively active and know things well. It would probably be much higher if you append the poll to the mabi survey.