Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A new Moon Mana Tunnel Gate

IcedrakeIcedrake
Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
in Feedback and Suggestions
When Tory Ravine finally opens up to Militians, have a Moon Mana Tunnel gate, that can travel to any discovered Moon Gate or Mana Tunnel somewhere on the map, thereby completing the Mana Tunnel/Moon Gate Network.
Yoriden

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Icedrake wrote: »
    When Tory Ravine finally opens up to Militians, have a Moon Mana Tunnel gate, that can travel to any discovered Moon Gate or Mana Tunnel somewhere on the map, thereby completing the Mana Tunnel/Moon Gate Network.

I had made a similar suggestion about Belfast a while back. Then someone made a snarky response to it, which (darn it) turned out to actually be a good idea; it was "Why not just combine the two systems into one system".
    Atheist42Yoriden
  • HelsaHelsa
    OOO, I just had an idea. They start out as two separate systems, like we have now, but in an upcoming G one of the rewards is that they permanently combine for the player that completes the quests!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah!
    It does seem to be the next logical step.

Moon Gates used to be night only and Mana Tunnels used to be day only, though they made up a lore reason to let them work all the time.
    And since they both use the same reason (those Eweca Tower things) I'm sure those Royal Alchemists and Vates could put together something to link Moon Gates and Mana Tunnels.

Though until that day, you can make use of the tips from this thread: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/15651/never-wait-on-continent-warp-cooldown-ever-again
    Using homesteads for quick 300 Gold Traveler's Guide teleports is a handy fallback.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Yeah... They've really needed to bond the systems together for a while now. At this point there's no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to do that. But there's also really no reason to fuse them together now that they have the travelers guide that lets you use the mana tunnels and moon gates anytime from anywhere. At this point, they should just focus on that (which it seems like they have). But it would be nice to fuse the systems together so we could go from one to the other instead of having to continent warp first.

On that note, they should also let moon gates refill mana like mana tunnels do. Or give the moon gates a unique effect on mana similar to what mana tunnels do. At this point, the moon gates and mana tunnels run on the same system, so they might as well just fuse the systems. I assume from a technical standpoint that would help the game a little bit since they wouldn't have to have two different systems running at the same time for the moon gates and mana tunnels.
    Atheist42
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Squee wrote: »
    I assume from a technical standpoint that would help the game a little bit since they wouldn't have to have two different systems running at the same time for the moon gates and mana tunnels.

Indeed. This game contains so many fiddly variations that it must be a nightmare to maintain. Anything that reduces the complexity has to be A Good Thing.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Atheist42 wrote: »

Indeed. This game contains so many fiddly variations that it must be a nightmare to maintain. Anything that reduces the complexity has to be A Good Thing.

I agree completely. Especially with them updating a lot of the old stuff as the last 3 or so years.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Squee wrote: »
    Atheist42 wrote: »

I agree completely. Especially with them updating a lot of the old stuff as the last 3 or so years.

I wouldn't worry too much about that in the case of the suggestions made in this thread. If I understood them correctly, the original poster requested a single gate that is connected to both networks. We already have the feature to choose a gate from both networks and warp to it, so there is already existing code that can be reused. Another suggestion was to extend both networks by one gate each and place those gates in close proximity to create a kind of transportation nexus/junction/hub. That's something even an intern could do. The other suggestion was to have a series of quests which have a final reward of combining the two networks. Here there is already existing code to be used, but they would have to add to each character record flags to denote if particular gates are on the network. All those flags together would be a single word (4-8 Bytes) of storage.

Technically, more complex but trivially so.