Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New character races and stories

DragoolfireDragoolfire
Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
in Feedback and Suggestions
I think they should add not only new character races, like Fomor monsters... ie: Imps, Lich, Succubus/Incubus, Goblins and such, but have for these Fomor Characters their very own stories. It could be a massive expansion. and as Milletians we would have the ability to even change races. Also I think about having Race Specific Talents...

I think too much :P

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Dwarves! What would a level 1 Lich be like? What would the market price be for Succubus newbie wear?
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Level 1 anything= Level 1 weak noob. as for Any newbie wear.. dropped on the ground like everything else.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Heck yeah, I want an Incubus!
    Dwarves too pls
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited January 27, 2020
    You know, that's not a bad idea. Having new races would be great for having more options when rebirthing especially since rebirths are free and weekly these days. Though if they do that, I'd like to have a race that's not in the game... Like maybe having a demon race (Sure we have fomors, but there's very little lore on actual demons in Erinn, and having some demons would be interesting). I once suggested werewolf and vampire characters to include a storyline of werewolves vs vampires, but no one really cared for that suggestion. Thinking of some other races might add a little variety to the game and give people other things.

I do like the idea of playing as a succubus or incubus. I think that would be kind of fun, and they easily fit into the lore. And adding them could include a storyline to add lore to the Succubus Queen and the Incubus King (who hasn't been introduced yet in America)
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Foxes and Raccoon people.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    As long as they update current clothing to fit these races. Imagine new races being introduced with only Newbie Wear being available for free for these races, plus "exclusive" clothes in a new gacha.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    edited January 28, 2020
    I was thinking that some of the stuff maybe, but I definitely want "exclusives" that are ncp/craftable.... imagine trying to fit something, ie: Incubus, that has wings into clothes that don't have holes to fit em through. O_O would have to take a dagger and modify it yourself lol.

Oh and btw... DOWN WITH GACHAS!!!!
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    edited January 28, 2020
    Or at the very least, allow us to do things when we are using Transformations. ie: Master Lich using any magic skills...

also, allow us to stay in that transformation form and go to different parts of the game... banks, stores, all that stuff. and stay in that form when you log out/ change channels....
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    By exclusive, I didn't mean "exclusive for these races", but rather "the-only-way-you're-getting-non-newbie-clothes-is-through this-gacha exclusive". But yeah, not every clothes should fit every race, 'cause while Incubi can make holes for the wings in normal clothes, layered clothes/ones with capes will get weird.
  • BloonkBloonk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    edited February 1, 2020
    yeah! They should have introduced new races a while ago. keeps the game fresh :) . levelling and rebirthing is a lot easier these days too, so I can see a lot of people swapping their main over to a different race.

I don't know if race changes are a good idea though.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I think Warhammer offers a good variety of races where one can get ideas from.
    I think a Fomorian storyline would definitely get people to play, Live the perspective of a Fomorian going through the same events of the Milletian.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I think Warhammer offers a good variety of races where one can get ideas from.
    I think a Fomorian storyline would definitely get people to play, Live the perspective of a Fomorian going through the same events of the Milletian.

Yesss I'd definitely love something like this :O