Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Every skillset has that "one skill"

Comments

• TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Helsa wrote: »
    Tiro wrote: »
    words

Fragmentation is definitely a must have skill for all crafting. Nonetheless with metal conversion you can convert unknown ores directly into iron ingots, which is gift really.

Again with the new mining spot in Tory Ravine its faster to not use metal conversion and just go mine iron.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    words

Fragmentation is definitely a must have skill for all crafting. Nonetheless with metal conversion you can convert unknown ores directly into iron ingots, which is gift really.

Again with the new mining spot in Tory Ravine its faster to not use metal conversion and just go mine iron.

Cool, I'll have to try those spots out sometime, thanks. For the higher ranks of refining though, with metal conversion you can convert lesser ores into higher ones, rather than throwing lower ranked ores on the ground and keep mining for the specific higher ones you need.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    These days, I think most of the skills in the game are a pain to train. The game's skills just aren't as useful as they used to be. For the most part, there's a reason why 75% of the people in the game use chains and/or ninja because of these other skillsets mostly being outdated and too tedious to bother with.

But among the worst are a lot of the life skills. Most of them you train up and they're just not even worth anything other than a few extra stats. How many people here use blacksmithing or tailoring? Or regularly use wine-making?

The main problem I have is that my CP is through the roof and all the skills that require CP level training have gotten annoying to train. I never trained archery or alchemy and those are among the only two talents I really have left to train.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Alchemy is all i have left to train...but it does not give much useful stats or even useful in general since Nexon/Devcat nerf it in tech duin.

Can't make use of shock since it won't work, raincast, or many alch skills, but its not just alch skills there are a few that were good crowd control that were restricted.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Artifact_Investigation.png
    Gold_Strike.png
    Enchant.png -> Meteor_Strike.png
    Summon_Golem.png
    Tumble.png
    Compose.png -> Dischord.png
    Wire_Pull.png -> Act_9-_Invigorating_Encore.png
    Grapple_Shot.png
    Explosive_Kunai.png -> Shadow_Bind.png
    Anchor_Rush.png -> None but Anchor Rush only shines in endgame content

^ IMHO

Game has lots of garbage useless skills though, every skillset except Chain needs revamped with an emphasis on every skill actually having a use.
    xxdarklordxx
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 11, 2020
    Shadow Bind? Um... What?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »
    Shadow Bind? Um... What?

Maybe because it doesn't work on a lot of enemies.

Like Golems.
    Or Adv Heavies.
    Or whatever the game doesn't feel like letting you bind.
    BlissfulkillSherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    I think the skill Respite is fairly useless. while it can be helpful while training your martial arts skills you can't use any magic or alchemy for a while unless you want to lose 25% of you hp, mp, and stamina. this makes the skill completely useless to me as I often use fighter skills and also keep a staff equipped cause switching to magic can be very helpful depending on the situation.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »
    Make guns great again.

Murica, hell yeah.

USA USA USA!
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Duel gunner's normal attacks should of been auto fire instead of semi auto xD

And with an extra 0.5 second with stun time, else how can you explain shuriken's normal attack? It just means ninja is the better duel gunner.

And "bullet storm" should of been AOE damage surrounding the player instead of just infront.

As for my own opinion "Way of the gun" should of been a bit similar to "Bash" where you need to keep attacking to keep the timer from reaching zero but instead of resetting the timer, it only would pause the timer by 0.5 second and failure to keep attacking will cause the timer to continue.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Another honorable mention: Wine-Making skill.

I literally see no point in training that and NO ONE is even talking about it. It's like this skill doesn't exist, but it actually does.

It sounds like something to...wine about, huh? B)
    Alshian
  • HelsaHelsa

I literally see no point in training that and NO ONE is even talking about it. It's like this skill doesn't exist, but it actually does.

Oh there you go again weaving more puns and milking it for every post. You are always fishing for or tailoring or catering conversations just so you can charge right in to them and Strike Gold. Puns are considered the lowest form of comedy. You should try refining your sense of humour, otherwsie people will end up Bashing you and you'll be tasting their ire if you don't give it a rest. This may come as a shock to you but I know you don't intend to create any dischord, and you can't help it when read something and like a lightning bolt you get an inspiration but take a moment of respite and meditation before you compose a humourous quip. I'm saying this with a giving heart and not as a wounding soul.

PS I left you plenty of skills to work with :)
    GretaWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta

Oh there you go again weaving more puns and milking it for every post. You are always fishing for or tailoring or catering conversations just so you can charge right in to them and Strike Gold. Puns are considered the lowest form of comedy. You should try refining your sense of humour, otherwsie people will end up Bashing you and you'll be tasting their ire if you don't give it a rest. This may come as a shock to you but I know you don't intend to create any dischord, and you can't help it when read something and like a lightning bolt you get an inspiration but take a moment of respite and meditation before you compose a humourous quip. I'm saying this with a giving heart and not as a wounding soul.

Maybe this will finally shut Bliss lool.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The One Skill to Rule them all
  • HelsaHelsa
    The One Skill to Rule them all

You see Bliss at least Kenny is trying. :)
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Is it just me or I didn't see a single mention about magic craft...? That one was the life tab's hardest skill.
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Maybe this will finally shut Bliss lool.

Not betting on that
  • GretaGreta
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Is it just me or I didn't see a single mention about magic craft...? That one was the life tab's hardest skill.

It's mostly not about how hard it is to train a skill. It's also how it's useless compared to your effort you put on it to train just for the sake of making your all skills r1.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Oh on that topic, I'm not sure how many updates away it is, but KR Mabi has that new talent that, as well as the new skills that the talent is actually about, includes Hillwen Engineering, Rare Mineralogy, Shyllien Ecology, and Magic Craft.

So at the very least Magic Craft can be half as grindy as it is normally just by virtue of it finally getting included in a talent.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Oh on that topic, I'm not sure how many updates away it is, but KR Mabi has that new talent that, as well as the new skills that the talent is actually about, includes Hillwen Engineering, Rare Mineralogy, Shyllien Ecology, and Magic Craft.

So at the very least Magic Craft can be half as grindy as it is normally just by virtue of it finally getting included in a talent.

Yeah I know. Don't care though I'm already dan 3 + titles in those ._.