Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[COMPLETED] Scheduled Maintenance - March 19th

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited March 19, 2020 in Vault
Mabinogi will have a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, March 19th. During this time, the game will be unavailable. Maintenance is expected to begin at 6:00 AM PDT and last approximately 5 hours.

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- Time -
Thursday, March 19th
Pacific (PDT, UTC-7): 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Eastern (EDT, UTC-4): 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Paris (CET, UTC+1): 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM

To address the following:

• Weekly server upkeep.
  • We hope you enjoyed your romantic getaway! Doki Doki Island will be closing up its harbor.
  • Potts the Potter is grateful for all of your hard work! The Path of a Potter Event will be concluding.
  • Wings! Glorious, majestic, beautiful wings! Get your hands on the Glorious Wing Box after the maintenance!
  • Mabinogi celebrates its 12th Anniversary update! Jump on in and partake in all sorts of events to earn some awesome prizes!
  • The temporary restriction on in-game character and pet creation for duplicate names blocked by the server merge will be removed.
  • Processing of requested name changes. Note: The Name Change submission site will be unavailable after 7:00 AM PDT time, and will be available after the maintenance.

- The Mabinogi Team
Sherri

Comments

• DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    Katherz wrote: »
    [*] The temporary restriction on in-game character and pet creation for duplicate names blocked by the server merge will be removed.

Hi Katherz.

Could you elaborate on this portion, please?

Thanks!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Dreadhawk wrote: »
    [*] The temporary restriction on in-game character and pet creation for duplicate names blocked by the server merge will be removed.

Hi Katherz.

Thanks!

Back during the merge, anyone on Mari/Ruairi/Tarlach who had the same name were named (Name)+(Server) and they restricted new characters/pets from taking the original name. If you wanted the original name, you had to be one of the players who had the (Name)+(Server) name.

Now they're removing that restriction, so any duplicate names that are STILL un-reclaimed are no longer going to be held, so if someone would now want to use the original for a new character/pet now can.

A bit more in-depth example:
    Pretend that someone was named COOLNAME on both Mari and Tarlach, after the merge those two players had their characters' names changed to COOLNAME+Mari and COOLNAME+Tarlach and the original name COOLNAME became restricted from being used for new characters/pets so that those two wouldn't have their name stolen from just anyone (only from the other duplicate-named player). Now let's say in this situation neither of those two actually used the free name change function to reclaim that name. Now, after this maint, the original COOLNAME will no longer be restricted and if someone wanted, they would be able to create a new character or pet with that name.

So now, if you try to make a character and it says the name's taken already, you can know that it's because someone has that name, not that the name is just being reserved.
  • PoxiePoxie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,820
    Dreadhawk wrote: »

Hi Katherz.

Thanks!

I believe its referring to names that were blocked during the time of the merge to prevent others from stealing players names when they were doing free name change for players with +sever names
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    T̻́̂h̛̼͉̟̕̕ḛ̱ͥ̎͌̓̏͏̠ ̡̲̙̈ͥ̃̒͞͠d͕͈̱͔͙͎ͨ͆̅̍͡a̟͖ͭr̨̹̰k̫̎̍̉͛̚̚n͕̬̟̭ͪ̕͝e̙ͦṣ̀s a̫̝̟̋ͣẁ͇̽ͨ̑ͩ̓a͚͕̞i͗ṭ̄͆͜s̝̬̄̏͞

Time to have a battle for names O 3o
    Wolfsinger
  • neokibaneokiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Could you elaborate on the12th Anniversary update. This is the first I am hearing about it.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    neokiba wrote: »
    Could you elaborate on the 12th Anniversary update. This is the first I am hearing about it.

we have a Anniversary update once a year around this time to celebrate how long mabi has been around. there will probably be fun mini games, event prizes, login rewards, event titles, and 12th Anniversary campfire boxes. in the past a place near Tir Chonaill would appear called MabiLand which is kind of like a smaller version of the Festia area. since Festia appeared the Anniversary event takes place there now instead and MabiLand has not appeared again since it is not really needed anymore.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Hmm, long as its not a AFK event...I am all for it if it gives me something to do, even if it may be a bit tedious, sure beats afking.
  • LovePandaLovePanda
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,355
    I HOPE we get something new, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure it is all just the same Mabiland/Festia Events and prizes. I would love for them to spend some time on a NEW event and rewards though for at least the next time. I'm glad we are getting an event since St.Patrick's dungeon wasn't happening. But I'd really like something new to do :/ it's been the same redone events yearly for awhile.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Didn't see that maint was at 6am and I lost thousands of pots. Oh well.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited March 19, 2020
    It was kinda boring really. Just gems and materials. Hard to justify wasting market slots on selling materials when 100% of the playing-playerbase is getting them for free. Now I have over 400 of every 2x2 material because I had 4 of each pouch from the OLDER event

You'd sometimes get trade-unlock potions, but that was rare.

Every single one of these recent events just screams "Keep our client logged in for hours every day to participate in our undeclared mining operation"
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Didn't see that maint was at 6am and I lost thousands of pots. Oh well.

Rip

I know that pain though, that's been my forgetful self so many times.