Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How to become stronger?

XerterXerter
Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
in General Chat
So, I'm at a point where i almost have all Skills at r1. But Still, i feel way too weak for the lategame content. Now my question is, is the only way to get stonger to seach for good enchants and reforges at this time. Do my stats still go up with levels or are they lost with Rebirthing. I really don't know what to do. And no i'm not buying Stuff at the AH i'm too poor for that.

Comments

• TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Your fighting style contributes quite a bit to how strong you are. Gathering enemies in one spot and using chain sweep or other AoE does far far more than running around using bash or windmill. If you like magic, the Spirit Staff's Hailstorm ability can hold its own in most content and it's pretty cheap.

Overall though, money is power. If you're too poor to buy nice things, then to become stronger, you have to find some way of getting money. Just as you put time and effort into ranking skills, putting time and effort into earning gold is necessary to become strong. If all of your skills are rank 1, crafting some things and selling them should be no problem at all. Or, optionally, find some friends and run shadow wizard or AAHM several times. One run probably won't make you rich, but frequent runs will get you a good amount of money, and you'll have fun, if you're with the right people.
  • XerterXerter
    Timefall wrote: »
    Your fighting style contributes quite a bit to how strong you are. Gathering enemies in one spot and using chain sweep or other AoE does far far more than running around using bash or windmill. If you like magic, the Spirit Staff's Hailstorm ability can hold its own in most content and it's pretty cheap.

Overall though, money is power. If you're too poor to buy nice things, then to become stronger, you have to find some way of getting money. Just as you put time and effort into ranking skills, putting time and effort into earning gold is necessary to become strong. If all of your skills are rank 1, crafting some things and selling them should be no problem at all. Or, optionally, find some friends and run shadow wizard or AAHM several times. One run probably won't make you rich, but frequent runs will get you a good amount of money, and you'll have fun, if you're with the right people.

Okay let me change this a little bit. What i need rn is enough enough Power to Deal with Tech Duinn. And since none of the ppl I know run it and I'm not awake when other, stronger Player run it. So i need the Power to solo it.
    And ofc i know about Shadwiz Elite. That's the only income i have rn beside selling all my stuff.
    I feel like my power stagnated since 5-6 months now.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    All Skills at r1 should make you plenty strong unless you're only referring to one skill-tab.
    The Life-Skills Tab takes an incredibly long time to get everything in it to r1 so I take it you mean battle-skills.
    The Crusader-Skills also takes a fair amount of time to r1 everything but seems do-able in less than a few months.

Good Enchants and Reforges are not the «only way» for you to be able to «deal even more "damage"»
    (I assume that is what you meant by your question)

You can obtain Weapon-Power Potions which are often (randomly) rewarded from certain events
    (another place you can «farm» for that type of potion is at the White Dragon).
    Said Potion is also available to VIP-users on Fridays from Erinn's Banking Institutions.

I am assuming that you have not yet max-upgraded your weapons, but those Blue and Red Upgrade-Stones can go all the way up to Step 7 IF you're either lucky enough or «rich enough» to blow through the few hundreds of Red/Blue Upgrade-stones (and the dozens of millions of gold that it takes or more) for your eventual Step 7 upgrade (personally, I avoid anything that resembles «gambling» as much as I possibly can like the plague, and so the maximum I have bothered to Up-Step any of my weapons is to Step 5 where I've been able to use Guaranteed Protective Upgrade-Stones from Events).

Some people use more «multipliers» for damage, like Bone-Chips, BFO (Battle-Field Over-Ture), Magic-Power Potions, lowering a target's Protection/Defenses with weapons such as the Brionac, and if you have any reliable partners/groups, you can always develop/co-ordinate your strengths together in a «team-work» fashion to be able to use some sort of «strategy» for that «End-Game Content» that none of you might be able to «Solonogi» on your own.

Probably besides that you're going to have to learn to «be like a Merchant» and be able to make lots and Lots and LOTS of gold... preferably through «(semi-)passive income» if possible. I, personally, keep track of my Auction-House listings via a «Transaction-Records» file so that I can see what «sells» good and consistently at which-ever «optimum price» so that I know that it's worth listing often if I have any of those products in-stock. I see that some people on the Auction-House are what I personally think is «too greedy» by over-pricing things but I prefer to provide my sales at «Low, low prices !» which allows me to get multiple goods to move quickly (so I can unload and «liquidate» more inventory at a time for more space to stock up on other and possibly better merchandise for sale/profit).

Some «easy to obtain» products and their «fast-selling» (what I consider to be «optimum») prices (at least on Alexina) are as follows...:

Holy Water of Lymilark @ 7K per bottle (70K/Stack)
    Cheap Leather @ 1K/Leather (10K/Stack)
    Unknown Ore-Fragments @ 50K/Stack
    Most types of Herbs for around 1K/unit to 3K/unit depending on the Herb-Type (Mana seeming to be the most in-demand of the types).
    Homestead Seeds @ 1K/unit to 2K/unit depending on the Seed-Type (not as consistent/hot of a seller as most of the above-listed items but still generates sales fairly consistently at these price-ranges before listing expiry)
    Gold/Iron-Ingots @ rather fluctuating price-ranges/demands (sometimes hot-sellers at high prices and other times no buyers even at low prices)
    Insta-Revive Balloons @ 50K
    Massive Fire/Lightning/Ice Elemental @ 50K to 100K (mostly consistent seller)
    Wood Boards @ 250K/stack (some people were willing to buy them at 400K/stack but «Striking Whilst the Iron is Hot» time for those prices have probably already passed unless you're finding a «rich buyer» who is willing to pay top dollar in order to stock up quickly)
    Most Fixed Colour Dye Ampoules will also sell fairly quickly (almost immediately @ 50K but there are some colours which will fetch prices as high as 2 million and still «sell out» quickly even at those prices)

Although I do have records of various other products and whether they're «good sellers» or not (at whatever/certain price-ranges) we'll omit those for now. Another method that I found to be very effective for amassing lots of gold even as a «Welfare-Equipment-User» was to Re-Birth the character into a Ten-Year-Old with the Merchant-Talent for that huge boost to the luck-stats... which ended up consistently resulting in an average of two Huge Lucky Finishes per Shadow-Mission (depending on Shadow-Mission and whether you're actually clearing stuff or just letting everyone else clear everything). Either way, you are going to «need the gold/money» to buy «stronger equipment» to get stronger than you already are, and the «economy» of the game is such where there are now several willing sellers and product-availabilities to where anybody who puts in the «work and effort» to «save up» (their gold/money) should be able to «buy end-game equipment» eventually. Sure, that might take a few months of consistent gold-generating efforts and financial self-discipline from impulse-buying, but it can be done to help you get stronger...
  • XerterXerter
    Fair enough, I haven't reached Cooking r1. Every other skill is pretty much r1. And that's my problem why i feel weak.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited April 16, 2020
    Okay let me change this a little bit. What i need rn is enough enough Power to Deal with Tech Duinn. And since none of the ppl I know run it and I'm not awake when other, stronger Player run it. So i need the Power to solo it.
    And ofc i know about Shadwiz Elite. That's the only income i have rn beside selling all my stuff.
    I feel like my power stagnated since 5-6 months now.

Ah, if that's your intent, know that Tech Duinn was designed to require parties. Many of the trials it presents are basically there to prevent soloing. No matter what time you play at, there are other players online, and they don't need to be incredibly strong. A party of four people at your power level should make things much easier.

If you're just after the rewards, I know you don't want to accept it, but earning the gold to buy the items off AH costs far less time and effort than running Tech Duinn. Whether or not you want it to be true, it's the truth. However, if you're only wanting to test your solo strength, Tech Duinn isn't the right place.

I've never run Tech Duinn before, but I bought materials to craft Geas armor, and enough Briogh Crystals to level most techniques up to 10. I'm sure that method will work fine for you as well. ^_^
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Forgot to mention that Divine-Link and the stat-boosts from Cooking/Catering also further-increases DPS-capabilities.
    I also need to correct myself on when Weapon-Power Potions are available for VIP-users : It's Saturdays.

Also, more than one channel exists, and, just because everyone is asleep on one channel doesn't mean they're not awake on others.
    Sometimes you just have to wander around and go «exploring» (scouting out the terrains) until you find (stumble into) people doing something.
    Tech-Duinn probably isn,t as «popular» as it could be solely because running it is not a «Daily/Weekly» Quest unlike SMs.

Too much about the game needs to be «re-balanced» due to the direction that it's gone over the last few years...
    Otherwise you will need to find/join/create/found some sort of a «Guild» that is Tech-Duinn-oriented.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Totems and homestead figures that give stats can help a pinch. If you've not been training renown, start now (I'm guilty of this). They will increase your average crit damage.
    Don't forget about echo stones. They ignore the stat cap and can also have some really useful effects on them. They're fairly easy to get up to Lv25.
    There are also other ways of getting past harder content, but you'll need to figure them out for yourself since they are a trade secret.
    If you're not awake when stronger people are online, is this a timezone issue? Myself and a friend are on a European timezone, we could possibly invite you to join us if you'd like and are synchronised with our play time.
    On another note, I'm surprised no one has made a OPM reference in this thread yet.
  • XerterXerter
    Yeah, i decided to buy them. I'm not testing myself. I real,y need the crystals but with under 10m gold it's not something i van afford esp. the Bigger ones.
  • XerterXerter
    JJ wrote: »
    Totems and homestead figures that give stats can help a pinch. If you've not been training renown, start now (I'm guilty of this). They will increase your average crit damage.
    Don't forget about echo stones. They ignore the stat cap and can also have some really useful effects on them. They're fairly easy to get up to Lv25.
    There are also other ways of getting past harder content, but you'll need to figure them out for yourself since they are a trade secret.
    If you're not awake when stronger people are online, is this a timezone issue? Myself and a friend are on a European timezone, we could possibly invite you to join us if you'd like and are synchronised with our play time.
    On another note, I'm surprised no one has made a OPM reference in this thread yet.

That would be nice since im in european timezone too. Yeah, i just recently came back to upgrade Echostones.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Hitting that cash app is gonna be a time saver necessity at some point. If you're trying to keep up with all the latest power creeps. With things now spiking into the hundreds of millions for set pieces after the merge. You're gunna have a bad time trying to legibly farm all dat gold.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Xerter wrote: »
    That would be nice since im in european timezone too. Yeah, i just recently came back to upgrade Echostones.

I forgot to say, we're on the Nao server. If you're on there too, please pm me your in-game name when you get the chance and I'll add you.
  • XerterXerter
    JJ wrote: »
    Xerter wrote: »

I forgot to say, we're on the Nao server. If you're on there too, please pm me your in-game name when you get the chance and I'll add you.

Sadly i call Alexina my home.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Remember that rebirthing with a combination of age and talent based around optimal per level stat gains can really jump up your stats.

This is most commonly done for level 200 and exploration level 50 plans.
    Collecting exp fruit and artifacts can help such a process, and its best done after completing just about every skill with AP to spare.

This is done to maximize stats, often with the goal of 1600 or more of your main damage stat.