Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lazy Title Translations

GenuisenieGenuisenie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
edited February 19, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Take a look at all these titles, most of which are titles found early in the game.

"the Diligent"
"the Lazy"
"the Super Diligent"
"the Reborn"
"the Aspiring Sailor"
...countless more.

Now take a look at all of these titles, which are mostly more recent.

Outlaw Hunter
Shadow Expeditionary Force
Music Therapist
Legendary Lumberjack
Blood Master
Black Rose Master
Black Rose Follower
Phantasm Breaker
Avid Collector
Heavy Armor Master
Light Armor Master
Magic Weapon Master
Altam's Ally
Avelin's Partner
Talvish's Comrade
Caswyn's Confidante
Pihne's Savior
Guardian of the Gate
....few more I don't own.

Looks like effort has been dying down recently in the translation department; that's some lazy translation right there, not even bothering to put "an, the, a, etc." before the title. Call me obsessed with proper grammar, but is it REALLY that hard to put an extra word before the titles?
Bonus points: Half, if not more, of the titles listed aren't even translated properly.

So, could we please make these titles actually look like they're proper English? I actually know a few people who were turned off because of stuff like this. It's nit picky for sure, but still, every player counts.
  1. Do you think this is some really lazy translation?19 votes
    1. It's extremely lazy.
       58% (11 votes)
    2. Who cares, it's just a bunch of titles.
       42% (8 votes)

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Personally, I would like the titles to have "the" in front of them, or something else, depending on what makes more sense.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    They don't really bother me that much, but I would like to see them properly Englishized. (I did that on purpose >:3)