Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Windowed back to full screen, game text too small

FirebitsFirebits
Mabinogi Rep: 530
in Technical Support
I’m hoping someone can help me. Was playing Mabi and while typing, I must have hit alt +enter. The play screen went to full screen and turned pale. Changing it back to windowed mode via the button at bottom left put my window back to proper color, but the text is too tiny. From the Menu button to the end of the three, colored, stat bars is only an inch long and the text is about 7pt in size.

Restarting didn’t help. Adjusting resolution in the Mabi options Panel didn’t help. Adjusting the resolution of my actual computer screen didn’t help. It’s a new computer so I’m quite lost as to how to correct it. Computer is Alienware, running win 10, with i7-9750H core. Anyone know how to fix this? Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    I recall seeing a checkbox in one of the options menus, possibly performance or display or something, which read "Adjust font sizes to account for resolution" or something. I don't know if it will help, but it's worth looking into.
    Firebits
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Alright, so this is not an issue with chat-font when speaking to NPC, but the actual menu-bar and the stat-bar ?
    Re-starting was just the client itself or the whole entire operating system ? (Windows 10 required another PC-restarting update recently)

The colours being off during full-screen sounds like a possible video-driver issue where you might need an update to the graphics-driver.

Just so you know, when you adjust the in-client video-options within the Mabi-Client, the Mabi-Client still needs to be re-started before the changes will take effect. So if you scrolled down the drop-down menu in your resolution-options, selecting the maximum-resolution, re-starting the client should re-size the window properly. If for some reason it still doesn't, I will need to ask if you can screen-shot your desk-top whilst the Mabi-client is running (you can black-out anything you don't want to display in public using the Paint.Exe program to erase/scrub it now), showing the before-and-after, and resolution you selected.

Some of the contacts on my in-game Friend-List also use an Alien-Ware so I can check with them later if you're still having issues.
    Firebits
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    That would be the following (see below) which I considered at first but the description is about the menu-bar and status-bar.
    Timefall wrote: »
    I recall seeing a checkbox in one of the options menus, possibly performance or display or something, which read "Adjust font sizes to account for resolution" or something. I don't know if it will help, but it's worth looking into.
    znNwbHq.png
  • FirebitsFirebits
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Thank you both for trying to help. I've been trying everything you suggested, adjusting the actual computer display, adjusting the game resolution from the menu-options in Mabinogi. Nothing has helped. I don't know how to put up a screen shot to the chat here to show you the size trouble. It's asking for a URL, but I don't have a website anymore to store pictures. I'll try to put it on the discord instead.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    edited May 17, 2020
    That's fine... what you can do instead is use a Digital-Camera or even Camera-App on a Mobile-Device instead (to film your laptop-screen).
    You can still Edit out anything you don't want displayed via most Image-Editing programs such as the Paint that comes with Windows.
    For uploading your «Screen-Shot» most of us on the forums here tend to use a site like Imgur
    (Although there are certainly people with their own web-sites they could use for said purpose but not to digress)
    Firebits wrote: »
    Thank you both for trying to help. I've been trying everything you suggested, adjusting the actual computer display, adjusting the game resolution from the menu-options in Mabinogi. Nothing has helped. I don't know how to put up a screen shot to the chat here to show you the size trouble. It's asking for a URL, but I don't have a website anymore to store pictures. I'll try to put it on the discord instead.
  • ContralContral
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    How has this issue not been solved yet?[img][/img]
  • ContralContral
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    How has this issue not been solved yet?[img][/img]
    It looks like I just have to quit mabi after 12 years can't read a damn thing. And after searching the deeeeeeeeeep internet for an answer and only finding the question, a few times, without ever a direct answer to fix (Or answers that do not fix the problem) i still cannot read any of the UI.