Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A mabinogi single-player game? Combo Improvements?

PyrrusPyrrus
Mabinogi Rep: 575
in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm thinking something similar to this game i just discovered a second ago called Genshin Impact. I know very little about it but the art style ... it appears to be heavily influenced by Breath of the Wild. I could totally see a Mabinogi style game pull quite a bit of influence from either one. I realize now that this is somewhat off topic since its not a real suggestion for what we have currently, just a fantasy of what could be if the devs could expand out into new territory, and capability.

I could totally see a new story featuring a new cast of characters, maybe with the millitian as the villain even. Or keep it like this new Genshin Impact style that i have not seen a whole lot of. I already know this style of gameplay is not new, I just live under a rock. Being able to switch between a melee fighter like Ruairi, over to Mari, and then Tarlach on the fly could be a lot of fun ... and all together in one stringed combo no less.

Maybe the current game can pull some of those ideas, like being able to combo transformation skills. I know combos are already part of the game but what we have is currently is more like an old school fighting game where combo-ing was found out by accident. Less of a product of game design and more of as a side effect of the games current combat mechanics. What I'm asking for is intentionally stringed combos with new animations, more like a proper action game akin to Vindictus ... Then again I guess it would take away the "uniqueness" from our current build. Still, one can dream.

Sorry for the long read.
If anyone has any ideas for improving the combat system, or even just a new style of gameplay, please share!
Kensamaofmari

Comments

• PyrrusPyrrus
    Perhaps new skills for each talent that would change how they would play out fundamentally ... *just thinking*
    Maybe if they lowered or removed the start up and recovery frames for attacks and sped up the animations, it would be a totally different game. The problem is also that the hit boxes of the enemies become untargetable and invincible from outside attacks in some cases ...

Which reminds me of Blaze, what a cool skill! its too bad that its almost never used! that might be because of how difficult it is to combo into.
  • PyrrusPyrrus
    Here is a link that explains some fighting game terminology, the combat in mabinogi applies. For instance i noticed that the Gunslinger skills Shooting Rush has very very low startup frames, its pretty much instant after you load the skill. Or where the Chain skiller's Chain Sweep has a very long attack animation and a longer startup than Shooting Rush's.

https://tiltingatpixels.com/post/Terms-to-know-during-EVO/
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Would it be like other RPG games?
    Aside from combat skills, are we looking at other skill features like Life Skills?